PDA

View Full Version : So, who's going to run an LSx engine package in their 67-69 F-body ??

chicane
09-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Anty up...... and take the poll.

I just gotta do this to figure out what I can tease you guys with before SEMA. :unibrow:

I guess ignore the 'yes' if you choose a cid. And probally ignore the NA/Forced Induction questions as well.... forgive me, its my first poll. :rolleyes:

Damn True
09-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Too spendy for my blood. I'm going to stick with a normal Iron smallblock, AL heads and a carb for now...I will probably upgrade to EFI at a later date.

Unless of course I find some absurd deal....but that kinda thing never seems to happen to me.

chicane
09-18-2005, 06:15 PM
....but that kinda thing never seems to happen to me.

:P Well, not with that attitude at least....... :P

race-rodz
09-18-2005, 06:57 PM
i dont have an F-body.... and i aint running an LSx.

where is the 340" SB2.2 in a tube chassis race rod catagory??

Damn True
09-18-2005, 07:26 PM
:P Well, not with that attitude at least....... :P

Ya know how some guys seem to always be the guy who finds a near perfect car behind someones barn for $4, or are always the guy who wins the raffle even though they only bought one ticket.......................I have never been that guy......dosen't stop me from trying though.

You wouldn't happen to have an LS motor that you'd like to trade for 1/2 a bag of M&M's would ya?

chicane
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Ya know how some guys seem to always be the guy who finds a near perfect car behind someones barn for $4, or are always the guy who wins the raffle even though they only bought one ticket.......................I have never been that guy......dosen't stop me from trying though.

You wouldn't happen to have an LS motor that you'd like to trade for 1/2 a bag of M&M's would ya?

Ive never been that guy either...... I feel the pain. But maybe we could work something out. What kinda M&M's were those anyway ??

XcYZ
09-18-2005, 09:26 PM
My next project will have a big inch LSx.

Anybody know of someone putting one of these in their car?

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/81bbcfrontdriver.gif

mazspeed
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Well I'm going with my modded ZZ430 for now but next year I should have my hands on the new ls7 500hp small block in my camaro :)

ViperBlue68
09-20-2005, 04:43 PM

does it come in blue?.......... :D

XcYZ
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
what is that? a new BBC? what Gen V1? or somehting like that?

Cody, it's the Chevy 8.1

Damn True
09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is involved in dropping an LS into a 1st gen?

Is it a huge can of worms?
In the end would it be easier/cheaper (both perhaps) to do something more traditional but with an aftermarket EFI?

LS1NOVA
09-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Not a F-body, but close enough

chicane
09-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is involved in dropping an LS into a 1st gen?

Is it a huge can of worms?
In the end would it be easier/cheaper (both perhaps) to do something more traditional but with an aftermarket EFI?

No, actually its simple if you have the right stuff. This just happends to be our specialty.......

Things you'll need:

Engine
Conversion engine mounts
Conversion oil pan
Headers and exhaust
Transmission
Transmission install kit to include a cross member, modified hydraulic slave and bracketry
Driveshaft - Either shorten what you have or have a custom one built to your specs
Computer/electronics - There are quite a few companies making drop in wiring harnesses into non EFI chassis nowadays
Fuel system and tank for EFI system

I know I have probably left some things off of the list, but this is these are the main necessities for a swap..... depending on your chassis being a manual or automatic transmission chassis.

If you have a chance to go to SEMA, stop by.... we'll have everything on display. If not, our catalog will be here shortly with a comprehensive laydown on everything about this subject.

I just wish I could leak you guys some pictures....... :_paranoid

crazy3gz
09-23-2005, 07:20 PM
I'll be doing a 408 probably when i get around to the motor and have the money ;) I've been starting to read up a lot. I have the bolting stuff up part down but i'll be looking to buy most of the stuff that needs to be fabbed up. I've seen some of your other posts and am looking forward to seeing what you put out and the prices. I will definetly keep a look out ;)

Damn True
09-26-2005, 02:41 AM
No, actually its simple if you have the right stuff. This just happends to be our specialty.......

Things you'll need:

Engine
Conversion engine mounts
Conversion oil pan
Headers and exhaust
Transmission
Transmission install kit to include a cross member, modified hydraulic slave and bracketry
Driveshaft - Either shorten what you have or have a custom one built to your specs
Computer/electronics - There are quite a few companies making drop in wiring harnesses into non EFI chassis nowadays

I know I have probably left some things off of the list, but this is these are the main necessities for a swap..... depending on your chassis being a manual or automatic transmission chassis.

If you have a chance to go to SEMA, stop by.... we'll have everything on display. If not, our catalog will be here shortly with a comprehensive laydown on everything about this subject.

Ok, perhaps I ought to have phrased it differently.
When all is said and done. In terms of cost and difficulty would it be easier to achieve a 450-550hp drivetrain with a t56 or TKO by going with an LSx platform or sticking to something more conventional?

chicane
09-26-2005, 01:35 PM
450 - 650 with an LSx and a T56 is a near no-brainer. Its a 'piece-o-pie', cuz all the part are already available and making power with an LSx is way too easy for the modifications and moneies spent.

MaxHarvard
09-26-2005, 02:48 PM
450 - 650 with an LSx and a T56 is a near no-brainer. Its a 'piece-o-pie', cuz all the part are already available and making power with an LSx is way too easy for the modifications and moneies spent.

I wish i had some "monies" lying around to do that... *sigh*

Steve1968LS2
09-27-2005, 11:02 AM
<--- LS2 is on the way baby!

Rick@Rick's Hot Rod Shop
09-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Getting ready to put one together... dont know what i am going to put it into, but it might rent the engine bay of my 68 for a wile.

rlplive
04-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I think I am going to put an ls1 in my 69. The trick is finding one cheap enough to not break me for the next year. I have seen some pretty decent ones on ebay and a few other websites. I have an 01 ss so I know how easy it is to make power with an ls1.

ilovefirstgens
04-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Funny that you word it in future tense... but yes i will "run" a ls1 in my 68, hell its already in and almost done but not done with the oil plumbing so it isnt safe to "run" :(

nitrorocket
04-14-2006, 09:41 PM
It's an easy swap for a used LS1, cheaper then building a sbc, and makes way more power. It is a good choice. ;)

youthpastor
06-03-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm building a '68 mini-tubbed etc. I just picked it up last weekend, pics coming soon...

I'm on the fence over a killer 468 I sold a friend a few years back, not very streetable 12.5-1 roller motor, BUT MAN IT SURE SOUNDS KILLER!!

I like the idea of an LSx 6 speed combo out of a wreck, I found a motor local with all the goods for $2700. I'm not all that concerned about buying a used one, we just had a 2000 Silverado in the shop last week with 220,000 on it!

Why don't i here much about the 6.0 out of a truck? there's alot avalible.

The product I would be into is a resonably priced steel or plastic tank that looks factory and is set up to screw in a stock sending unit and pump combo, oh ya and fit my narrowed leaf springs-Chris

What do you guys think LSx-or 468?

Stuart Adams
06-03-2006, 07:32 AM
LSx. :thumbsup:

jannes_z-28
06-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Why don't i here much about the 6.0 out of a truck? there's alot avalible.
What do you guys think LSx-or 468?

The major difference with the truckmotor is it as a ironblock, otherwise they are the same. If you would go for really big boosted power you really need the iron block. Of course it is heavier than thoe others from aluminum but not heavier than a CSB. One benefit with the truckmotors is the price.

The obvious choice would be to go with the LSx

Jan

PhaseShift
06-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I am late to the game as usual, but yes, we will be using the LSx format motor in our project upgrade. Our schedule keeps getting pushed back due to workload and some issues with core level engine parts... Going to try and spend some time on development of a few other parts to suppliment the build later on.

Steve1968LS2
07-10-2006, 03:15 PM
<--- rasing hand

LS2.. an easy 570hp and great street manners, what's not to love :)

Steve1968LS2
07-10-2006, 03:16 PM
It's an easy swap for a used LS1, cheaper then building a sbc, and makes way more power. It is a good choice. ;)

This man speaks the truth.. if you try and do a budget deal you can get better performance for the same or less cash.. and less weight.

nitrorocket
07-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I will continue to preach, the LS1 will hands down beat any SBC or BBC in the bang for buck category. You cant build a SBC for the amount you can buy a used LS1, plus the LS1 will make more power! The LS1 factory parts can handle WAAYYYY more power then a regular SBC. :thumbsup:

You will LOVE an LSX motor!!! :D

DaCajun
07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
We are about to do an LS1 in my neighbors 68 F-body. What issues will we have with install? Will the A/C compressor in the stock location clear the right frame rail? Any and all thoughts will be much appreciated.

-Dave

chicane
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
We are about to do an LS1 in my neighbors 68 F-body. What issues will we have with install? Will the A/C compressor in the stock location clear the right frame rail? Any and all thoughts will be much appreciated.

-Dave

Engine mounts, transmission cross member, clutch hydraulics and the oil pan..... just for starters. The AC compressor will not fit unless you use engine mounts that shove the engine foward.... but that isnt the way to go about it either. There are a few different way to go about the AC compressor but there are some good ones and definately some bad ones........

There are a couple of ways to go about this but just about all the parts you are needing are available through ATS (http://www.t56kit.com/).

Rob07002
08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
What is the cost involved with this swap.

minus the engine/tranny:

A) what are the ancillary parts costs

B) can't think of a B right now

shanekennedy
08-25-2006, 06:56 AM
What is the cost involved with this swap.

minus the engine/tranny:

A) what are the ancillary parts costs

B) can't think of a B right now

harness work 300-500
pcm reprogram 100-300
or tuner software to program pcm yourself 500-1000
motor mounts 100-200
trany xmember 100-200
fuel tank efi replacement or conversion 500-1000
oil pan 200-500
new or shortened drive shaft 300-500

other possible needs:
o2 sensors &/or wideband for tuning
fuel regulator
fuel line
belt(s)
pullys/brackets
air filter
speedo d/a converter
raidator/fan

tyoneal
09-20-2006, 11:51 PM

Things you'll need:

Engine
Conversion engine mounts
Conversion oil pan
Headers and exhaust
Transmission

Chicane:

What business do you have and how does someone get a catalog?
Anything LS2 oriented, I am interested in.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

tyoneal

camcojb
09-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Chicane:

What business do you have and how does someone get a catalog?
Anything LS2 oriented, I am interested in.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

tyoneal

I believe he works with ATS, and they have very cool products.

http://www.t56kit.com/

Jody

Damn True
09-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Jody,

Did I see the Mal on a trailer headed South on I-5 today?

camcojb
09-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Jody,

Did I see the Mal on a trailer headed South on I-5 today?

I don't think so! :eek:

Jody

mstennes
09-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes a LS7 in my 69 vert, just waiting on small parts to hear it run and hopefully drive it before snow. :yes:

Leadfoot1
09-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes a LS7 in my 69 vert, just waiting on small parts to hear it run and hopefully drive it before snow. :yes:

:ttiwop:

Of course we want pics!!!!

Lead.

gardnerme
10-19-2006, 04:28 PM
harness work 300-500
pcm reprogram 100-300
or tuner software to program pcm yourself 500-1000
motor mounts 100-200
trany xmember 100-200
fuel tank efi replacement or conversion 500-1000
oil pan 200-500
new or shortened drive shaft 300-500

other possible needs:
o2 sensors &/or wideband for tuning
fuel regulator
fuel line
belt(s)
pullys/brackets
air filter
speedo d/a converter
raidator/fan

So, how does all this make installing a LSx less expensive than a conventional small block, again (not including headers and the air compressor issue)? Granted, you could install a SBC and still pony up all these cost with it, but you could also do it without a single one of these items depending on what you might already have.

chicane
10-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Ok.... 365 days later.

71 to 28 for going with. I think this one is done.

shanekennedy
10-20-2006, 06:37 AM
So, how does all this make installing a LSx less expensive than a conventional small block, again (not including headers and the air compressor issue)? Granted, you could install a SBC and still pony up all these cost with it, but you could also do it without a single one of these items depending on what you might already have.

i doubt a lsx engine is less expensive to install than traditional small block. it is prolly cheaper than traditional small block w/ efi.

Old Man
12-01-2006, 04:42 PM
The 6.0 LTR iron block weighs approximately 100LBS more than the aluminum lS1 block. The iron block can handle way more abuse the aluminum block can. Alot of the LS1 nitrous guys run the iron block for strength.

The major difference with the truckmotor is it as a ironblock, otherwise they are the same. If you would go for really big boosted power you really need the iron block. Of course it is heavier than thoe others from aluminum but not heavier than a CSB. One benefit with the truckmotors is the price.

The obvious choice would be to go with the LSx

Jan

nitrorocket
12-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Unless you want to go 8's, there is no need for an iron block. What I am saying is do not have any worries about either block you choose.

4OfaKind
12-15-2006, 09:43 AM

Most of these things are required if you are going to do an efi conversion regardless of LSx or SBC.
Some of these things you would want to upgrade or replace anyway no matter which motor you put in. (ie: drive shaft, motor mounts, and tranny crossmember depending on tranny put in)
The savings comes in if you get a complete motor.
For example a 6.0l LS truck motor can be bought complete for $1800 used. This includes ECM so you saved yourself $1000 from having to buy a BS3 or FAST. And you are making 350hp stock.

Here is an article that did a comparison to building similar motors:
Old vs New (http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/tech/engines_drivetrain/complete_builds/0701ch_chevy_small_block_engine_dyno_tests/)

Mal

pdq67
12-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Never mind.

pdq67

chevymitchell
12-27-2006, 02:18 PM
I am installing a ProCharged (D1SC) LS6 on the new hydroformed sub frame from DSE. My engine is being built by Golen Engine Service. I am purchasing all FAST equipment, which is almost a grand cheaper going through Summit, and I am using MSD ignition. This is not the cheapest way, by far, but it's going to run sweet.

ss dave
12-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok coming in late on the thread but just now pulled the trigger on an LS7 for the vert with a 4l60. Had to edit this because I just looked at my logged name. I've never been a "junior", somehow it makes me feel youthful, I'll think about that after my nap.

shanekennedy
12-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Ok coming in late on the thread but just now pulled the trigger on an LS7 for the vert with a 4l60. Had to edit this because I just looked at my logged name. I've never been a "junior", somehow it makes me feel youthful, I'll think about that after my nap.

are you doing anything to beef up the 4l60e?

Dave95z28
12-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I am installing a ProCharged (D1SC) LS6 on the new hydroformed sub frame from DSE. My engine is being built by Golen Engine Service. I am purchasing all FAST equipment, which is almost a grand cheaper going through Summit, and I am using MSD ignition. This is not the cheapest way, by far, but it's going to run sweet.What mounting brackets are you using to mount the Procharger? Custom brackets or a production Procharger kit?

Dave

ss dave
02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I've haven't posted here in a while, but to answer shanekennedy, yes, beefin' the 4l60 thru Performabuilt trannys, go to their website to see mods. Using a Compushift kit with a Hurst dual gate shifter.

Silver69LS1
04-02-2007, 08:14 PM

I just managed to pry one of the new LSX Tall deck blocks out of GM's hands. We have everything in the works to put together a 470CI Twin 70MM turbo setup together. This motor will have a lot of firsts (Crank, Heads, Intake and probrably a lot of other stuff). If all goes well, we hope to make some serious streetable HP. :thumbsup:

Stang's Bane
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I just managed to pry one of the new LSX Tall deck blocks out of GM's hands. We have everything in the works to put together a 470CI Twin 70MM turbo setup together. This motor will have a lot of firsts (Crank, Heads, Intake and probrably a lot of other stuff). If all goes well, we hope to make some serious streetable HP. :thumbsup:
I hate you:lol: I would really love to know how this is going. Will you be using the factory six bolt heads:cool: ???????

Silver69LS1
09-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I hate you:lol: I would really love to know how this is going. Will you be using the factory six bolt heads:cool: ???????

After waiting a year, the final piece of my puzzle has arrived. The Tall Deck LSX was just delivered! This block is one of three that were ever produced. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, I'll have some pics of the engine.

I will be using a six bolt head from ETP.

Rhino
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
As of today, just a shade under 75% of people responding are planning on an LS motor? That's an impressive number for an engine swap with so many responses.

waynieZ
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I answered no because I started collecting parts Four years ago and I already have a Gen 1 complete set up . But I wish I would have waited. When I started it was a lot harder to get information and engines . It was exotic. Now with all the parts and information its tuff not to be satisfied with my power plant.
XcYZ who make parts for the big block?
Wayne

XcYZ
11-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I answered no because I started collecting parts Four years ago and I already have a Gen 1 complete set up . But I wish I would have waited. When I started it was a lot harder to get information and engines . It was exotic. Now with all the parts and information its tuff not to be satisfied with my power plant.
XcYZ who make parts for the big block?
Wayne

I hear you Wayne. The technology is hard to beat.

Street and Performance makes those parts.

AJSZR2326
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
yes i ordered my 454lsx ho for my 69 camaro

tones2SS
04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
yes i ordered my 454lsx ho for my 69 camaro

Do you have the engine installed yet?
Just wondering what your opinions are on it. Looks/sounds like a stout motor.
This is the FI set up and not the carbed version correct? THANKS!!:thumbsup:

cencal69
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow. Reading this from start to finish is like opening up a time capsule.

Me, I'm going hella old school technology. LT1 from a 97 Camaro.

tones2SS
04-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow. Reading this from start to finish is like opening up a time capsule.

Me, I'm going hella old school technology. LT1 from a 97 Camaro.

I do believe they were LT1's correct?
Any mod plans for the LT1?:thumbsup:

AJSZR2326
04-22-2009, 11:14 AM
motor is not in car yet, waiting for jake to finish body and suspension it will be mated to a 6l80 and paddle shifted. motor is at his shop and it is f/i , i havent released any details as there some things being done to car that no one has done yet. should be ready by june , not a trailer queen for sure.

93Polo
05-31-2009, 09:59 PM
I do believe they were LT1's correct?
Any mod plans for the LT1?:thumbsup:

I have had bolton LT1s and a H&C LS1. Always wanted to build a Vortec SC'd 9:1 LT1 with a 6 speed behind it. A few friends had them in C4s and 4th gens and they would fly, nothing like the sound of the blower either.

fatelvis
09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
just finished my 69 camaro, ls6 from 02 vette , why ? because my ls1 49 chevy pickup has had the holy hell beat from it for 5 years now, still runs strong. Loved them both so much I put a 5.3 in mt 95 chevy 4wd. power plus gas milage, who'd of thunk!

64duece
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
we just installed a carb'd LS2/T56 setup in a 67 RS Convertable. We used Hooker adapters and headers with some mods to the frame bracket location was a pretty straight-forward fit. We re-fabbed the "bolt-in" trans x-member to get the geometry and fit right. All in all it's a pretty simple simple deal.

Our next candidate is a 69 RS twin turbo'd LSx with a bunch of the fun goodies like aftermarket PCM, paddle shifted 4L60, drive-by-wire, twin fuel system etc. Should be a fun wiring project!!!

6OHNOVA
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Nothing like having a 800hp 93 octane pump gas motor. That starts on the turn of the key every time. I drive the piss out of mine. Its a LQ4 6.0 with ported heads and F1A, backed up by a T56 with a Spec Stage 3 plus. It drives like a stock LS1 till it starts to build boost then the tires are useless. Here is a pic.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/jashell1562/DSC04012.jpg

tones2SS
01-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Nothing like having a 800hp 93 octane pump gas motor. That starts on the turn of the key every time. I drive the piss out of mine. Its a LQ4 6.0 with ported heads and F1A, backed up by a T56 with a Spec Stage 3 plus. It drives like a stock LS1 till it starts to build boost then the tires are useless. Here is a pic.

That's bad ass man.:wow:

98ssnova
03-01-2010, 08:24 AM

More pic of your car please:woot:

Steve1968LS2
05-07-2010, 08:29 PM
This thread has been around so long that I need to change my choice.. and the list needs to be expanded! lol

LS2/454

http://i40.tinypic.com/k1p3xx.jpg

Track Junky
05-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm doing and old school aluminum block 427 with the LSX firing order. According to my builder the firing order swap will be good for harmonics. Will see on the 13th, should be interesting.

Noodles
06-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Twin 72 turbochargers on A tall deck LSX in A 69.Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

Steve1968LS2
06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm doing and old school aluminum block 427 with the LS2 firing order. According to my builder the firing order swap will be good for harmonics. Will see on the 13th, should be interesting.

That sounds pretty cool.. and certainly different!

XLexusTech
06-18-2010, 09:09 AM
That sounds pretty cool.. and certainly different!

X2 and I would love to go that way too... butt when i lokked ito it I couldnt find a block under 3 K

Huuummm anyone know what a world products mowtown lite short block goes for? it might start looking affordiable

nicks67ca
11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm doing and old school aluminum block 427 with the LS2 firing order. According to my builder the firing order swap will be good for harmonics. Will see on the 13th, should be interesting.

Any details on this? Special ignition / or control box? or is it as simple as changing the ignition wires?

XLexusTech
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Any details on this? Special ignition / or control box? or is it as simple as changing the ignition wires?

Need a diff cam... thats it...

8.1 chevelle
12-18-2010, 09:38 AM

yes got 1 in a 67 chevelle

DETON8R
01-01-2012, 11:58 PM
BUMP to the Top!!

I bought a wrecked 99 Camaro with a T56 which is swapping into my 1969 Camaro. Lots of parts are finding their way into the first-gen, the dash, steering column, console, front seats, e-brake set up. It is a lot cheaper then you might think if you can find a donor car with all kinds of working parts to steal from. Selling parts off the 1999 to help fund the 1969 build. I bought a 1969 painted shell that someone else ran out of money and I picked it up. Not exactly a budget build, but a TON less than most other projects shown under construction on this site.

I think I just might be :willy: CRAZZZZY :willy: enough to get the gauge cluster, trunk release, wiper motor and cruise control working in it too after I tear apart the wiring harness and delete the unnecessary stuff.

I don't want to mess with the stock ABS, heater or sound systems from the 1999. I'm planning to go aftermarket for the heater/AC and sound system.

6D9 Matt
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Hopefully by the fall I will be close to deciding on a setup. But right now Im leaning towards an LS3/stroker. Then maybe throwing a blower or snail on it down the road... :unibrow:

Track Junky
02-27-2012, 12:22 AM

Sorry for the late response, missed it.

The aluminum first gen small block is from PBM. No special ignition, just a cam with LS firing order, MSD distributor w/6AL box and it is naturally aspirated. I picked up the motor from NYES Automotive out of Muncie, Indiana. Motor came with everything but carb, distributor, and accessories for $9500 including 168 tooth fly wheel and Moroso pan. I worked a deal to where I sent them my intake, Canton road race pan, and in trade they supplied a Hays aluminum flywheel. I also sent them my carb, distributor, and Lakewood bellhousing and they aligned the bell housing and dyno'ed the motor for me all inclusive so I couldn't pass.

tango68ss
06-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Running an '08 LS2. I was trying for the OEM look... Love the car! 450HP and 20mpg! got to love it!

http://screaminperformance.com/gallery/Current%20Projects/TC's%2068%20SS%20Vert/slides/IMG_7797.JPG

asap803ute
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
2012 ls9,auto trans, paddle shifters, currie 9,dse front clip,dse quadralink,global subframe connectors, dse mini tubs

steelcitynova
06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
ls1 l92s vic jr.intake holley 750.....1968 chevy2 xbody

mustangracer11
06-17-2013, 12:17 PM
If I ever get my dads 68 camaro it won't get a ls, the new 5.0 coyote seems like a great idea :idea: I'm just tired of seeing all the camaro's that are all the same they are everywhere.

214Chevy
06-17-2013, 05:44 PM
If I ever get my dads 68 camaro it won't get a ls, the new 5.0 coyote seems like a great idea :idea: I'm just tired of seeing all the camaro's that are all the same they are everywhere.

That's probably why you'll never get your dad's 68 Camaro. :twak: LOL!! :poke:

mustangracer11
06-17-2013, 06:51 PM
That's probably why you'll never get your dad's 68 Camaro. :twak: LOL!! :poke:

lol you may be right, I just like cars that are different than what everyone else has.

Sieg
10-16-2013, 01:28 AM
lol you may be right, I just like cars that are different than what everyone else has.
:idea: Stuff a 5.0 Coyote in a Prius with 20" Intro's, that should be different enough. :D

67Rally
10-19-2013, 11:19 AM

Yeah, LS swaps seem so common place on these forums, I just did an "old school" LQ9 swap into mine.

But in the real world you hardly ever see them. I might have seen 2 or 3 LS powered 1st Gen's all season at car shows. It's not as common as you think, except on the Internet.

Here's my version of an LS swap:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee208/modi_photos/LQ9364_zps9e75fcb1.jpg

mustangracer11
10-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah, LS swaps seem so common place on these forums, I just did an "old school" LQ9 swap into mine.

But in the real world you hardly ever see them. I might have seen 2 or 3 LS powered 1st Gen's all season at car shows. It's not as common as you think, except on the Internet.

Here's my version of an LS swap:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee208/modi_photos/LQ9364_zps9e75fcb1.jpg

Looks good. I have a LQ4 I'm going to be putting in my 69 amx.

Pacific Fabrication
12-03-2013, 06:18 PM
LS engines are definitely the way to go.

Here is an LS3 that we installed in a '32 Oze Roadster.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz93/Pacific_Fabrication/WP_20131030_007_zps673889cb.jpg (http://s817.photobucket.com/user/Pacific_Fabrication/media/WP_20131030_007_zps673889cb.jpg.html)

And here is one we built for a Monte Carlo.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz93/Pacific_Fabrication/Cruise325_zpsfd8be6c5.jpg (http://s817.photobucket.com/user/Pacific_Fabrication/media/Cruise325_zpsfd8be6c5.jpg.html)

WarMachine69
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Running a LS1 / T56 in my 69 & I love it compared to the old 350sbc.

INTMD8
02-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Mine is done! Nothing special, just a take out 02 LS1/M6 with 224/232 114lsa cam Dynatech headers and 3" dual flowmaster exhaust. 387rwhp 380rwtq

ScAiHVTS5TI

rickpaw
04-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Nothing special here. Bone stock LM7/4l60e take out from an 2001 Silverado with stock tune from PSI conversion/Dynatech headers. May add a cam and tune down the road.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/rickpaw/67%20Firebird%20LS%20swap/P1030111_zps4c512046.jpg (http://s616.photobucket.com/user/rickpaw/media/67%20Firebird%20LS%20swap/P1030111_zps4c512046.jpg.html)

chichirone
04-29-2014, 08:35 PM
LSX454 in a 1969 Camaro. 519rwhp, 493rwtq. LS7 Intake and ECM.

416 LS3 in a 1973 Trans Am. 550rwhp, 500rwtq. MSD Atomic EFI.

tigerhays
02-27-2015, 06:12 AM
I need to come see that Money Pit sometime!

waynieZ
03-09-2015, 11:19 PM
I can't change my SBC vote, but I am switching to an LSA.

Sheck44
03-10-2015, 05:37 AM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/SCOBRA48/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20Final_zpsmccbkpuu.jpg (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/SCOBRA48/media/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20Final_zpsmccbkpuu.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/SCOBRA48/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20E%20Force_zpsrdc70pyd.jpg (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/SCOBRA48/media/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20E%20Force_zpsrdc70pyd.jpg.html)

snichols28
09-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Very sweet rides!

Baadmal
10-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Going to try a LS3 with a TKO600 in a 69 Camaro...

andrewb70
01-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Someone should run this:

http://www.pro-touring.com/~andrewb/cougar/626.jpg

in their pro-touring camaro...:hello:

Andrew

partsguy57
05-17-2016, 12:30 AM
My "little" lsx swap . Put the motor in this weekend.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/a9698f24b5c4e0ecdafdf97dce26873c.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/aaa53406ce4428bc5403cd173f6843b8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/8afdd9e7f0ea4ea21b2778754685a024.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

waynieZ
05-22-2016, 10:30 AM
SWEET! I love it nice job. I like the heater block off plate .

partsguy57
06-08-2016, 01:01 AM
Thank you. My son milled that up for me as I thought it would make a good place to mount the ecu and get rid of the very ugly vintage air cover plate.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

snichols28
08-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Yes, please! 418 Whippled Stroker.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/Camaro%20Build%20Pics/20160131_205907.jpg

waynieZ
06-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Nice!

Stealth_69
06-22-2017, 05:16 PM
LSA - setback and lowered a little (for that handling edge)
Aiming for 700-750hp - building as a Daily/Auto-X so might struggle to get more power to the ground

waynieZ
06-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Sweet Ride!

l2azorback
11-20-2017, 08:02 AM
This poll should be modified to include LTX as well! Gen V LT4 here. Custom painted supercharger lid and valve covers to match my trim.

http://i.imgur.com/RuhYO2I.jpg (https://imgur.com/RuhYO2I)

http://i.imgur.com/KLDjjhd.jpg (https://imgur.com/KLDjjhd)

Host:

http://i.imgur.com/V0bgUTr.jpg (https://imgur.com/V0bgUTr)

LonghornJPS
11-20-2017, 01:16 PM
That is AWESOME!!

Pete68
01-24-2020, 12:58 AM
Im planning L92 swap. My car is still running the same engine rebuild I did 30 years ago when I was in high school. So overdue for a new engine.

Great video on LS engine options:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keGi7nC5hT8

shelteredV
11-22-2020, 11:35 AM
LSA count?

srode1
03-05-2021, 04:14 AM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/SCOBRA48/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20Final_zpsmccbkpuu.jpg (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/SCOBRA48/media/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20Final_zpsmccbkpuu.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/SCOBRA48/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20E%20Force_zpsrdc70pyd.jpg (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/SCOBRA48/media/WAAAY%20OTT/LS7%20E%20Force_zpsrdc70pyd.jpg.html)Is that an Eforce crate motor or did you build it and use the Eforce blower?