PDA

View Full Version : 15" speed rated tire ?

R67Chevelle
09-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Heres my second post so lets see how this goes. On my 67 chevelle I am going 15X10 rear and 15X8 front weld racing draglites. I have always liked the 15" look and even though 17 & 18's are nice I really like this look of wheel on my chevelle.

Now heres the tough question. I have had 295/50/15 & 225/50/15 BFG's which I dislike the ride, performance, and its low speed rating. I was wondering if any tire manufacture makes either a Z rated tire or simular speed rating, high performance tire in this 15" sizes. I have tried as many sources as I know of, so any advice would be greatly helpful... :yes:

Also, I have emailed BFG and goodyear about this situation without any responses... Thanks... :hail:

race-rodz
09-17-2005, 02:18 AM
my person expierences with weld wheels drag lites and pro stars pretty much suck for anything more than drag racing. the wheels seem to flex when pushed hard through corners(270* freeway on ramps are the most noticable) kinda like the sidewall roll over when you are thrashing on a rental car. they work GREAT for drag racing...just dont have the side load strength for cornering.

toyo proxes has some 15" sizes zr speed rated, dunno how wide they make.