PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Motown

Roger Poirier
09-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi guys. Time to join up. I'm tired of looking from the outside in. I love the home page. It's a work of art. For those that don't know me from pro-touring.com, I have a 69 GTO Judge. Black exterior, red interior. I have owned this car for over 30 years. 48,000 original miles. PT treatment from top to bottom.

Could some one explain to me all the different member listings?

Supporting Member

Registered Member

Etc.

Thanks, R.P.

XcYZ
09-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Welcome, Roger. :thumbsup: Glad to have a GTO, we're a little heavy on the Camaros. lol Have any pictures? :D

As for the different types of members:

Supporting Member - Forum member who has made a donation to Lateral-g to help pay for the operating costs.

Junior Member - 0 to 19 posts.

Registered Member - 20 to 99 posts.

Senior Member - More than 100 total posts.

MODO Innovations
09-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Welcome. I just joined up myself. I frequent pro-touring.com also and just found out about this site not to long ago. Again welcome.

I was wondering about the member listings myself. Thanks XcZY.

Roger Poirier
09-15-2005, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=XcYZ]Welcome, Roger. :thumbsup: Glad to have a GTO, we're a little heavy on the Camaros. lol Have any pictures? :D {QUOTE]

Yes I have an army of them. ALL UNFINISHED! The pain. The misery. I will post them as I get a better understanding of the board.

It is a top notch project. Every thing is detailed to the max. I'm keeping the look of the car low key compared to others on these sites. It will have a lot of engine chrome, smooth firewall, yet it will have the original RAM AIR system with today's features. I will be keeping the stock pulley system, radiator and factory interior. I'm going for an old school look in the engine bay, with a new school look on the outside. Motorcitysteel.net is completing the project with me. We hope to have it featured at the Detroit Autorama, right behind the Ridler cars.

XcYZ
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Awesome! ... and Autorama is coming up fast.

61Bubbletop
09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Roger,

Welcome to the site, where about in Mi are you? I am in Oxford.

J.T.

Roger Poirier
09-16-2005, 12:25 PM
J.T. I used to be in your neighborhood, Oakland TWP. I loved it out there. I had too many back surgerys and could not maintain the home or the land. Moved to condo heaven in Novi.

P.S. I'm well aware of your car. Excellent job! I used a picture via lateralg.net web site the other day to confirm what a factory heater box will look like with a detailed firewall for the guys at Motor City Steel. I will be keeping mine the same as yours. However, these cars are becoming a work of art.

61Bubbletop
09-19-2005, 12:29 PM
:thumbsup:

Ummgawa
09-19-2005, 10:21 PM
:thumbsup:

Well said. :D

Smack_talker
09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Welcome...I would love to see some pics. I have contemplated doing a PT style 69 GTO. Where in "motown" are you?? I live in Florida but grew up in the downriver area.

Roger Poirier
09-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Read preivous post. You are a down river guy. I was born and raised in St. Clair Shores.

I will post some primer pic's soon. They will be all piece mail as the pic's I have of the car are all torn apart. These guys put it together, tear it apart, endless cycle. :rolleyes:

R.P.

Bill Howell
09-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Welcome RP, but don't you start no trouble over here-LOL

Roger Poirier
09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Bill,

Your the man! I Love you. :unibrow:

R.P.