PDA

View Full Version : Alarm system??

mazspeed
09-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Well the car right now is still being built, but I need the shop to install the alarm system, but I don't know what to get. I want something that is top of the line. What's a good one to get?

Thanks in advance everyone
Mike

Payton King
09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I have not started looking into that as of yet. My first thought is my .45 colt auto.

race-rodz
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
it seems that people in general are numb to a car alarm goin off, i personally would lean towards something that does the call/page thing and disables the vehicle... no sirens or honking horns etc... that way the would be theif is sitting there trying to figure out why it wont start when you show up with your "tool" of choice to "educate" them about stealing your car..... i mean "after" you called the cops of course ;)

mdprovee
09-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I havent tried any, but try looking into the ones that have a tracking device also. You call the company and police to activate, then they can trace your car. At least in theory.

protour
09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
it seems that people in general are numb to a car alarm goin off, i personally would lean towards something that does the call/page thing and disables the vehicle... no sirens or honking horns etc... that way the would be theif is sitting there trying to figure out why it wont start when you show up with your "tool" of choice to "educate" them about stealing your car..... i mean "after" you called the cops of course ;)

Thats the problem with that theory though. What happens if my "tool" is a 50 cal hand gun, and buddies "tool" is a 9mm and he gets to the trigger faster.... Your hooped.

But in theory it would be freakin fun to walk up, beat the living crap out of him, and say he hit you first LOL.

-Matt

mazspeed
09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, yes personal justice will play a large part of what I would do. I do have a few "Be good" sticks around the house, but I was looking into the disable type stuff. Clifford has one that has auto door locks on it, and a call page feature. I do like the horn and alarm sounding stuff, but I do want one with all the possible features that a system can have.

rockdogz
09-15-2005, 12:06 AM
I went with a Clifford, not because it had the most features but because it was a brand I was familiar with and will (hopefully) be a good product. I'm still a little while away from installing it though.

J-Rod
09-15-2005, 08:19 PM
My buddy put a clifford system in his nova, then mounted two alarm sirens tucked up waaaay under the dash. When that thing went off and you were inside the car, it hurt so much you had to immediately plug your ears. We tried you reach up under the dash to get em, but the second you remove your fingers from your ears, your eyes would start watering.

Just a thought.

mazspeed
09-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Is it possible to hook up the horn to the alarm system. I ordered a custom Ferrari air horn system for the car and was curious if it could be hooked up with the alarm and not the stock factory one that comes with it? Yeah in the car would be very bad. I don't think I would want a horn in the car in case it went off by accident. Thanks again for your replys.

Mike