PDA

View Full Version : Update on "The sleeper"

slow4dr
09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
;)

I picked up a 85MM throttle body from a Infiniti Q45 and a 4" aluminum tube for the intake manifold plenum. The motor & tranny mounts are all finished and it's mounted. :_paranoid It looks so wrong yet so right sitting in there.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=E346A02C-48B8-4512-8925-40AE909194C9&term=slow4dr&p=0

TravisB
09-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Very cool.........name suits it too :unibrow:

threestar40
09-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Well, sort of a sleeper. :_paranoid
It's a 2 door '63 Nova!!!!!
Everybody knows that...Do you have 6 banger emblems for it?...The chevy ones?

That is one awesome Idea, I wish I would have thought of it, probably the only one in the world. I will be disappointed if you don't keep the steel wheels and hub caps.

Is that yours jason?

Too Cool whosever it is,

Rick :thumbsup: :clap: :patriot: :bow:

XcYZ
09-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Yep, that's Jason's project. It should be one quick car when he's done.

I also like that you had The Offspring going in the background. :thumbsup:

race-rodz
09-15-2005, 02:29 AM
sooooooooooo ummmmmmm..... supra engine?

that has got to be one of the kewlest "dare to be different" ideas in a long long time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Payton King
09-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Love the idea. I cannot even post a picture and you have a video of your progress. Makes me feel.....some what less of a man.

slow4dr
09-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Very cool.........name suits it too

:thumbsup:

Well, sort of a sleeper.
It's a 2 door '63 Nova!!!!!
Everybody knows that...Do you have 6 banger emblems for it?...The chevy ones?

That is one awesome Idea, I wish I would have thought of it, probably the only one in the world. I will be disappointed if you don't keep the steel wheels and hub caps.

Is that yours jason?

Too Cool whosever it is,

Rick

Yep, I've got the original 6 cyl emblems and I plan to run 15" steelies.

Yep, that's Jason's project. It should be one quick car when he's done.

I also like that you had The Offspring going in the background.

:thumbsup: I haven't really figured out how to dub music in so it's the next best thing. I had to wait a little while before something good came on. ;)

sooooooooooo ummmmmmm..... supra engine?

that has got to be one of the kewlest "dare to be different" ideas in a long long time.

:thumbsup: We'll sorta, this particular engine was from one of those used Japanese engine places and it was out of what's called an Aristo. Which is basically a GS300 in Japan. The oil pan is different than the Supra's and is better suited for this chassis.

Love the idea. I cannot even post a picture and you have a video of your progress. Makes me feel.....some what less of a man.

As funny as this sounds it is easier for me to post videos than pictures. :thumbsup:

BTW: Check out the comments that are attached to the video.

Blown353
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Love it!

Reminds me of a webpage I found a year or so ago where a guy is/was putting a 2JZGTE/Getrag 6-speed into a 64 or 65 Chevelle. I loved it and thought his work was great.

You should have seen all the grief that was dished his way when he posted on Chevelles.com....

Just keep it wound up and making boost and it'll be a blast. I've driven a T88'd 6-speed MkIV Supra and I think I would make better speed on a bicycle as long as the revs were below 5000, just the nature of the beast. Things got very interesting, very quickly, as the tach went past 5300 or so... :unibrow:

Troy

slow4dr
09-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Love it!

Reminds me of a webpage I found a year or so ago where a guy is/was putting a 2JZGTE/Getrag 6-speed into a 64 or 65 Chevelle. I loved it and thought his work was great.

You should have seen all the grief that was dished his way when he posted on Chevelles.com....

Just keep it wound up and making boost and it'll be a blast. I've driven a T88'd 6-speed MkIV Supra and I think I would make better speed on a bicycle as long as the revs were below 5000, just the nature of the beast. Things got very interesting, very quickly, as the tach went past 5300 or so... :unibrow:

Troy

:thumbsup: I knew another guy put one into a 58 Apache but the Chevelle would be fun also. :unibrow:

I can only imagine how much flack I will get at the track with this thing. :_paranoid

I've done the manual tranny, big turbo thing and it is a chore. This car will have an auto and a proper stall, & a trans brake so I will leave on boost and never look back. ;)

J2SpeedandCustom
09-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Slow4dr very nice choice, and cool project! :thumbsup: The 2JZ is a hell of a power plant. I really love mine.

I saw a Nova wagon don't know the year, that is running in the Hot Rod Drag week. He is running the newer I-6 that they put in the Envoy / Trailblazers I believe. Built motor and a GT47-80mm Garrett. He is running high 8's - low 9's!!! :eek:

Check this guy out for parts and knowledge about the 2JZ www.inductionmotorsports.com His name is Jeff Bromberger. Definitely know's his stuff.

CAMAROBOY69
09-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I agree this is an awesome project!! Dare to be different is an understatement. Thats just plain bad ass!

TravisB
09-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I had a 62 nova(well still have it but it isn't running) pale white, rallys 15x4 and 15x8, stock interior.....355 SBC roller motor on the spray that I drove to high school it was kinda a sleeper til I started messing with it! did end up going 12.30's(motor) on a 235 radial...not bad

Very cool car you are building I respect you for resisting the urge for polished this and chrome that etc etc....can't wait to see some more progress!

slow4dr
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Slow4dr very nice choice, and cool project! :thumbsup: The 2JZ is a hell of a power plant. I really love mine.

I saw a Nova wagon don't know the year, that is running in the Hot Rod Drag week. He is running the newer I-6 that they put in the Envoy / Trailblazers I believe. Built motor and a GT47-80mm Garrett. He is running high 8's - low 9's!!! :eek:

Check this guy out for parts and knowledge about the 2JZ www.inductionmotorsports.com His name is Jeff Bromberger. Definitely know's his stuff.

:thumbsup: I've seen that Wagon and it is sweet but I plan on giving him a run for his money with a STOCK longblock. :yes:

I agree this is an awesome project!! Dare to be different is an understatement. Thats just plain bad ass!

:thumbsup:

slow4dr
09-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I had a 62 nova(well still have it but it isn't running) pale white, rallys 15x4 and 15x8, stock interior.....355 SBC roller motor on the spray that I drove to high school it was kinda a sleeper til I started messing with it! did end up going 12.30's(motor) on a 235 radial...not bad

Very cool car you are building I respect you for resisting the urge for polished this and chrome that etc etc....can't wait to see some more progress!

:thumbsup: Thanks! The car this replaced was a low 12 second car on street tires. ;) http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=D14DFBEE-F3ED-4B19-B95E-9A4EBE1207B3&term=slow4dr&p=0

I am ready to be scared when I hit the loud pedal. :unibrow:

Blown353
09-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I am ready to be scared when I hit the loud pedal. :unibrow:

A built 2JZ is a blast in a 3700lb MkIV Supra-- it should be REALLY entertaining in a Nova that will probably be >1000lbs lighter. :_paranoid

What are the plans for the engine... totally stock longblock, or maybe some headwork and cams (i.e. HKS 272's)? What size hairdryer?

One thing for sure, it'll run great and sound WICKED when on boost.

slow4dr
09-15-2005, 04:56 PM
A built 2JZ is a blast in a 3700lb MkIV Supra-- it should be REALLY entertaining in a Nova that will probably be >1000lbs lighter. :_paranoid

What are the plans for the engine... totally stock longblock, or maybe some headwork and cams (i.e. HKS 272's)? What size hairdryer?

One thing for sure, it'll run great and sound WICKED when on boost.

I would like to get into the 8's on a stock longblock. Long story but a ongoing thing with some local Cobra guys. :P

If anything I may go to 272's and leave the rest because the JDM cams are more mild than the USDM.

76mm is what I am shooting for but nothing smaller than 72.

Streetking
09-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I would like to get into the 8's on a stock longblock. Long story but a ongoing thing with some local Cobra guys. :P

If anything I may go to 272's and leave the rest because the JDM cams are more mild than the USDM.

76mm is what I am shooting for but nothing smaller than 72.

Jason, give me a call, I can help you out with your motor specs. There is a Company called Boost Logic that leases a building from me that manufacters/designs and carries all turbo systems for Supras ect. Next door to them is Performance Motorsports, he builds the cars. Chris builds custom intake manifolds.These guys know everything there is to know about the Supra motor. They also have the #1 AEM tuner that works with them in house. They have built all my Supras and my Lexus and they are starting on the twin-turbo project on my Viper next week.. 512-452-9068.

Here are some of the cars they have built for me..

My Lexus,
http://www.fototime.com/0455C4AA9016379/orig.jpg

My '95 Supra, ran 9.81@153 on a stock motor
http://www.fototime.com/8737BD04750C5B9/orig.jpg

My '97 Supra
http://www.fototime.com/9AFF54F65B412BF/orig.jpg

My '95 Supra Hardtop, 1 of 18 built
http://www.fototime.com/8EE2634C99C357F/orig.jpg

TravisB
09-22-2005, 09:23 AM
I know this is off topic but

SW is there any bada** car you haven't had at least Two of?

race-rodz
09-22-2005, 02:25 PM
LOL.... i wanna be like SW when i grow up :hail: :hail:

Streetking
09-23-2005, 08:22 AM
I know this is off topic but

SW is there any bada** car you haven't had at least Two of?

LOL, yes a Enzo.. that's my dream car. I will have one before I die..

SW

slck6t9
09-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Streetking, you need to create a website to showcase all your awsome rides.

Scott

ohcbird
10-17-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm kinda doing the same thing- but with the trailblazer 4.2. I'll be running a maller turbo than the 80mm, but It'll make plenty of snort!

Diognes56
10-21-2005, 07:14 PM
It does seem kind of wrong to put a Toyota motor in a Chevy :( , but it is still a pretty cool project :cool: . Can't wait to see how it turns out.

David

slow4dr
10-24-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm kinda doing the same thing- but with the trailblazer 4.2. I'll be running a maller turbo than the 80mm, but It'll make plenty of snort!

:thumbsup: After seeing numerous 2JZ's with 80+ mm this weekend I am seriously thinking about going BIG. :unibrow:

It does seem kind of wrong to put a Toyota motor in a Chevy :( , but it is still a pretty cool project :cool: . Can't wait to see how it turns out.

David

:D

Streetking, I know of Boost Logic. I actually refer my LS1 customers to them. I will definitely let you know when I need to get a fuel rail & injectors.