PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mandel tube bender

xvette
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi guys ,Looking for a tube bender that somebody might have for sale ,or if anybody knows of one forsale ,

Apogee
12-30-2008, 07:39 PM
True mandrel tubing benders are big money. Are you looking for something more along the lines of a hydro/mechanical tube bender with a follower-die like the Pro-Tools 105HD or JD2/3 type benders? Those are much more common and affordable. There are several other brands and styles, but those two seem to be the most popular. My brother has a Pro-Tools 105HD and it works great for everything we've used it for thus far.

I'd suggest checking out the 4x4 forums as they've been the biggest growth market for the past several years for tubing benders. There are some good deals in the classifieds and tool forum at www.pirate4x4.com last I checked...I hope you have thick skin if you visit there though. The dies are where the money is at, so figure out which dies you'd like to have and what radii so that you're not buying stuff you don't need or won't use. The tighter the bend radius, the thicker the minimum wall thickness needs to be to avoid wrinkling the tubing.

Tobin
KORE3

xvette
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Tobin, bought a JD3 bender , now looking for some dies , like 1 in and 1.5 and 1 5/8 , if any body might have some forsale :thumbsup: