PDA

View Full Version : LS1 in A-body

Autokraft
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi there everyone,

I`m not sure if this is the right place for this but I have a question for anyone thats installed an LS1 in an A-body. Has anyone in here done this and if so, I`m wondering about clearance for the AC compressor. I dont have the compressor or brackets yet but it looks like some major mods are in order.
I have the block sitting in the chassis and checking things out so any help right now would be appreciated.

Thanks for any input,

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

Derek69SS
09-12-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't know squat about LS1s, but I'm doing an LT1 swap in my chevelle, and I know I need to use AC brakets off a Corvette because of the frame interference with the low mounting location on the camaro/impala LT1s.

Look at the LS1 corvettes, they may have the compressor mounted up high like the LT1 vettes.

Autokraft
09-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Derek,

That thought crossed my mind already, I was just thinking it may have a little cleaner look in the engine bay if it were mounted down low. Just a thought anyway. Thanks for the input.

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

Payton King
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
go to www.hotrodlane.cc and they have pictures of where they put an LS1 in a chevelle. This is Street & Performance's web site. Hope this helps.

Autokraft
09-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Payton,

Thanks alot for the tip. I checked it out and it answered alot of questions I had.
This board has so many helpful people, its just a great site for anyone that needs ideas or whatever.

Thanks everyone,

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

Payton King
09-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Glad I could help.