PDA

View Full Version : LSx water pump with no outlets ?

HRBS
12-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Other than an electric one from Meziere, does anyone make a water pump without the heater/bypass outlets for those not running a heater core etc ?
I really dont want to loop it.
Its for an LS3 but I'll switch over to an LS1 water pump and change the accessory drive if need be.
I just want to delete the outlets.

camcojb
12-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I do not know of one, but you can easily pull the tubes out and drill/tap/plug them.

HRBS
12-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks Jody.
Thats what I was going to do if I cant find one with the plug bosses not factory drilled.

chicane
12-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Edelbrocks latest offering has ports that you can run plugs into...

tobenk
12-13-2008, 08:22 PM
What about stewart water pumps.

bigtyme1
02-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Can this be done on the motor? what size tap and drill bit?

Pantera EFI
02-16-2009, 11:38 AM
I use the Wegner water pump when possible.

This pump is NASCAR approved and has a higher flow of water.

This "turbo" pump for high HP engines has the water inlet in a better location away from the RF upper A-arm.

This pump has the outlet on the top of the pump AND that outlet could hit the TBI/intake with the OEM style.

Lance

Blown353
02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
I use the Wegner water pump when possible.

This pump is NASCAR approved and has a higher flow of water.

This "turbo" pump for high HP engines has the water inlet in a better location away from the RF upper A-arm.

This pump has the outlet on the top of the pump AND that outlet could hit the TBI/intake with the OEM style.

Lance

Lance, you mean this pump from Stewart/Wegner, correct?

http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STE50025&Category_Code=ProSeriesWaterPumps

bigtyme1
02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm just plugging it up to get it running.

Pantera EFI
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Yes, you are correct.

The pump concept was created (US Patent) by my friend, John Drake
(builder of the most successful racing engine of all times), developed by Wegner,
made for Stewart (NOW EMP).

Lance

E.rodz
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
you can defineitly tap them a reg pipe tap.they are 2 differnt sizes street and preformance will know off hand. one is a 3/8 pipe tap i believe the holes are already the size you need if i remember right. i used dry ice in the tube and than heated the pump with a propane torch and they came right out. just screwed a/n fittings in for heater.