PDA

View Full Version : Mark Mutert wheels

Todds69
09-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I was looking for Mark, I wanted to see a close-up of his wheels with the brushed finish on the Gasser's. Can I get a pic please. Thanks

MarkM66
09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi, :) . I don't think I have any right now. But I'll try to get one for you ASAP.

TravisB
09-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I just ordered a set of DP engineering R05s' with a brushed center! I saw marks car at Des Moines That is what made me order mine.......You coming to springfield Mark?

MarkM66
09-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I just ordered a set of DP engineering R05s' with a brushed center! I saw marks car at Des Moines That is what made me order mine.......You coming to springfield Mark?

No, I'm not going. We use to go all the time, but stopped a few years back. The fairground management really gave us a hard time one year for no reason, so we haven't been back since.

Todds69
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks Mark I would appreciate it. I am going with the Gasser D's and was going to alternate the brushing with the polish and kind of wanted to see how they brushed the gasser style.

MarkM66
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
You can get them brushed in defferent way. They can do just the spokes and leave the hoop polished like mine, they can do the whole wheel, and I think they can also do just the face of the spokes.

The brushing is all done by hand, so I would imagine they could do it just about any way.

They also offer a clear powder coating for them.

I should have some pics up soon.

MarkM66
09-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Travis, do you have a link to those wheels? I'd like to see what they look like.

TravisB
09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
here is a pic from pt.com, I was referred by Tony(ninball) mine look like these but with a brushed finished center like yours!

http://www.dpengineering.cc/

here is there site but the ones pictured are not shown(except in the gallery)
These are going on my 64 Chevelle two toned, air ride, LS1 or Lt1(not sure yet)

mark you have a PM

MarkM66
09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Here's a pic of the rear wheel, :)

http://www.lateral-g.net/temp/brushed.jpg

Todds69
09-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks Mark, I really appreciate it. Did you opt for the clearcoat and if not how is the upkeep on them?

MarkM66
09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
No, I didn't get the clear coat.

They're very easy to clean. I just wipe them off, :D .

Damn True
09-19-2005, 04:14 PM
The wheels on DPE's site look fantastic, but the pricing is outrageous.

TravisB
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
The wheels on DPE's site look fantastic, but the pricing is outrageous.

let me know if you are interested TRUE.......I can get you in touch with the right people :_paranoid

novajess1972
12-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey, Mark! What backspacing did you use for you wheel/tire combo? I have a 71 Nova which I have ordered Boyd Junk Yard Dogs in 17x8 on 235/45-17 front and 18x9 on 275/40-18 rear. I ordered the rear with 5.5in bs and was wondering if I might have fitment issues. Also besides a complete lowering leaf spring kit, how else could I lower the back? I plan to simply use Hotchkis sprongs in front. And please offer any other suspension advice/tips that may be helpful. Thanks for your time.

MarkM66
12-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Hey, Mark! What backspacing did you use for you wheel/tire combo? I have a 71 Nova which I have ordered Boyd Junk Yard Dogs in 17x8 on 235/45-17 front and 18x9 on 275/40-18 rear. I ordered the rear with 5.5in bs and was wondering if I might have fitment issues. Also besides a complete lowering leaf spring kit, how else could I lower the back? I plan to simply use Hotchkis sprongs in front. And please offer any other suspension advice/tips that may be helpful. Thanks for your time.

I have 235/40 18, 18x7 w/4.75" bs front. 275/40 18x8 w/ 5.5" bs rear.

The rears will be tight, but that's basically the same size I'm running on an 8" wheel. I did have to move my shock up some, since I used the original style mono leaf shock mount. I also cut the inner finder lip before the car was painted, not sure if that really needed to be done though.

I also ran a 1" lowering block to get my ride height. Cut the springs in the front to get it where I wanted it. Guldstrand mod in the front, Hotchkis front sway bar and Hotchkis/Bilstien shocks front and rear.

novajess1972
12-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I have 235/40 18, 18x7 w/4.75" bs front. 275/40 18x8 w/ 5.5" bs rear.

The rears will be tight, but that's basically the same size I'm running on an 8" wheel. I did have to move my shock up some, since I used the original style mono leaf shock mount. I also cut the inner finder lip before the car was painted, not sure if that really needed to be done though.

I also ran a 1" lowering block to get my ride height. Cut the springs in the front to get it where I wanted it. Guldstrand mod in the front, Hotchkis front sway bar and Hotchkis/Bilstien shocks front and rear.

Where did you find the blocks? I searched Summit's inventory with no luck specifically for Nova. Is there another vehicle's spring that is compatible? Not sure where else to look.

And does it ride rough with the cut springs in front? Do the Hotchkis/Bilstein shocks help cure the rough ride?

MarkM66
12-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Just about any parts store carry lowering blocks. They're all the same for leaf spring vehicles. :thumbsup:

I think it rides very well. I do believe these shocks make the car ride better then my '68 Camaro did with basically the same springs and KYB shocks.

novajess1972
12-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Just about any parts store carry lowering blocks. They're all the same for leaf spring vehicles. :thumbsup:

I think it rides very well. I do believe these shocks make the car ride better then my '68 Camaro did with basically the same springs and KYB shocks.

Great! Thanks again for your advice and time. I'm sure i"ll have more questions as I modify the Nova. :bow:

Take care!

kennyd
12-28-2005, 04:40 PM
No, I'm not going. We use to go all the time, but stopped a few years back. The fairground management really gave us a hard time one year for no reason, so we haven't been back since.

the reason was DRINKING ,remember ?

MarkM66
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
the reason was DRINKING ,remember ?

Missed your post.

Yeah that was one of the reasons. The butch that was the "fairgrounds manager" was on us like white on rice.

That and it seems like I saw the same damn cars there year after year. But I love seeing that Orange '66-67 Pro-Street Nova that sits on the ground and has the 10' 'thing' on top of the engine, :rolleyes: . :lol:

TravisB
01-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Missed your post.

Yeah that was one of the reasons. The butch that was the "fairgrounds manager" was on us like white on rice.

That and it seems like I saw the same damn cars there year after year. But I love seeing that Orange '66-67 Pro-Street Nova that sits on the ground and has the 10' 'thing' on top of the engine, :rolleyes: . :lol:

you haven't seen it in awhile now it has two intercoolers under blower and the wanna be top fuel scoop thing......so add another 12in..... :yes: lol

MarkM66
01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
you haven't seen it in awhile now it has two intercoolers under blower and the wanna be top fuel scoop thing......so add another 12in..... :yes: lol

Wow! I can't wait!

Didn't that thing actually get in a magazine? Unbelievable, :rolleyes: .