PDA

View Full Version : blast cabinet question little help please!!!!

brans72
11-30-2008, 10:21 AM
ok guy's i have the compressor for a cabinet but i am nt sure which to choose actually. i want a big one but not in my budget and i am sure a bench one will do what i need actually like brackets, manifolds etc. i was looking at the bad boy blaster bench model and wondering any thoughts???? i need to keep it on a budget but let me know what to look for if you don't mind. details on compressor if needed are 60 gallon,18.1 at 90 psi 5 hp.

Jim Nilsen
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I hated to buy one from Harbor freight but the price on sale for the large one they sell can't be beat. I have been relatively happy with it so far and it has enough room to fit a wheel inside it if need be. You definately have to buy it on sale for it to be worth it.

Fluxion
11-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I have a cabinet I built using parts from TP Tools I used their pickup tube, gun and gloves. I can put a rearend, harley frame, or engine block in it. The performance is incredible! It out blasts my friends Harbor freight unit my a mile, and I don't have much more money in mine. It would have cost quite a bit if I charged myself for labor. ;) If you want to buy one that is complete, check out TP Tools, Their skat blast cabinets are great and they start around $200

Jim Nilsen
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a cabinet I built using parts from TP Tools I used their pickup tube, gun and gloves. I can put a rearend, harley frame, or engine block in it. The performance is incredible! It out blasts my friends Harbor freight unit my a mile, and I don't have much more money in mine. It would have cost quite a bit if I charged myself for labor. ;) If you want to buy one that is complete, check out TP Tools, Their skat blast cabinets are great and they start around $200

Sounds like a nice cabinet !!

I was wanting to make one of my own and was working so much overtime when I needed it to do some small items that I just went ahead and bought the one at HF. I don't regret it but making one for the same money will definately get you a much bigger one. 2 sheets of 16ga. and some angle plus a kit for the gloves,gun,glass,and light will be all it takes.
Maybe someday when I make that next steel order it will happen. Until then I have a car to finish first.

How about showing us a pic of yours . I am curious as to how big it really is,sounds LARGE:drool:

Fluxion
12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah, its kind of big. I'll post a pic when I get to the shop in the morning. Its a little too big actually but thats how I roll. :yes: Overkill should have been my middle name.

DOOM
12-02-2008, 08:39 AM
I have a SANDY JET this thing could'nt blast chalk off a black board!!! Does anyone make a better blast gun???
Mario

brans72
12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
anyone used bad boy blaster?????? thoughts etc please let me know

lumpy
12-22-2008, 10:29 PM
How about the barrel blaster www.barrelblaster.com, never used one but looks like a good price.

bigtyme1
12-24-2008, 09:13 PM
I have the large one from Harbor Frieght as well, but do your self a favor and get the one with doors on both sides. 399.00 it's not online but it's in the catolog.

countryboy
01-25-2009, 11:09 AM
My partner (the tightwad) bought us one from an auction by Speedway. DO NOT get one of theirs! It does strip but you cant see what your doing. The light sucks and the lens lasted 10 minutes. Eastwood sells one that they say is pretty good.