PDA

View Full Version : recomm a spot weld cutter old one broke

brans72
11-27-2008, 07:25 PM
hey guy's i was using a spot weld cutter from the matco tool truck and it broke i would say quicker then i thought it should so i am loking for a new one. the old one was double sided with a niddle to center punch it and i think i can find better with your help. so i am asking you what would you recomm me to use for removing 1/4's to save the trunk. website or part #'s moe then welcome please help me out here guys!!! brandon

DOOM
11-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Brian
I use the Matco RB7KIT. This is all we use in my shop . A good long lasting cutter and you can get different sizes from 5/16 to 3/4 .. We drill a 1/8 makes it alot easier...
Mario

V8TV
11-28-2008, 10:16 AM
We run the Blair Rotabroach cutters... they cut like crazy, stay sharp, and make nice clean holes.

DOOM
11-28-2008, 11:36 AM
We run the Blair Rotabroach cutters... they cut like crazy, stay sharp, and make nice clean holes.

Yep I think Blair makes these for Matco!! They cut like crazy!

Joel145
11-30-2008, 07:51 AM
http://www.blairequipment.com/

Jim Nilsen
11-30-2008, 01:08 PM
When I was removing my quarters I trashed out the spot weld cutters I was using and in desperation to continue I took a 3/8 drill bit with the split point on it and went to the grinder and flattened out the cutting edge around the split point. It turned out that it lasted longer than the spot weld cutters I was buying. you get a hole in the center but I used that hole to weld from the backside where I could and the other places it didn't matter because you cover it.