PDA

View Full Version : New kid from Cali, building a 67 camaro

metallic blackg/28
09-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Greetings to all, I am sam. In the months of this passing year after my 17th birthday I came along a 67 camaro. Knowing close to nothing about this car I made a stupid purchase that has been a pain up until these past few weeks. After appropriating money for a paint job, inheritance allowed me to have the car ripped apart and to start fresh. With the help of some friends here in the Los Angeles area, I have began putting the car back together with performance goodies and necessary wiring and brake conversions to make this old piece of Detroit iron into a modern day pro-tourer. The feedback I've gotten concerning some of the parts on the camaros on this web site have proved to be very helpful and the pictures have given me many ideas on some sort of direction for my car. As of now it is getting a fresh 383 stroker built by a few friends of mine and the tranny will be a built up th350, however when money allows I would like to change the rearend and the tranny to perhaps a 9" detroit locker with a tremec tko500. The car's wheels are yet to be determined but a multileaf setup with hotchkis sway bar in the rear and drop spindles with hotchkis components and sway bar is what rounds out the front. Hopefully the car will be a reliable daily driver although gas prices will be another dilemma within itself. The car should be complete and running within the next few months, perhaps by Thanksgiving.

XcYZ
09-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Welcome aboard, Sam. Glad you found us and used us as a resource in planning your project. It sounds pretty cool.