PDA

View Full Version : T56 kits and renderings

camcojb
12-19-2004, 10:11 PM
I am posting this here Tyler and Kris in hopes that you'll see it. I keep sending you guys customers and they keep coming back to me that they can't get a response to their e-mails. Tyler, you've lost two kit sales (bought them somewhere else), and Kris you've lost out on two renderings and going on #3.

This is not to scold you, this is because you're both friends whom I've purchased things from and am trying to send you customers. And I keep hearing back from these guys that they cannot get ahold of you after long periods of time and several e-mails. One guy has sent Tyler 5 e-mails over a 2 week period, and another has tried for 5 months to arrange for a Camaro rendering with Kris. These guys have money to spend, all you have to do is respond. I know you guys are busy, but if you aren't going to respond to these e-mails then don't have an e-mail address. It would really be better, it makes you (and I) look bad.

I get 100+ e-mails a day much of the time; I'm not talking spam, this is stuff I have to answer. I answer all of them because that's why my e-mail is out there. Many people prefer e-mails but get turned off when they can't get a response.

Let me know if you guys can come up with a way to solve this.

Thanks.

Jody

Kris Horton
12-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey Jody,

I hear this a lot. Every now and then you see the postings on PT.com saying "Kris, why won't you answer my e-mails?!?"

It's not out of rudeness or lack of consideration, it's really not. I try to get back to everyone that e-mails me, even if they have to e-mail me several times. E-mails get lost in the traffic and I can't tell you how many hundred e-mails I have in my inbox entitled "renderings" or "Camaro renderings." I don't mean to turn people off from the idea of having renderings done and I certainly don't want to lose their business.

What works best for me is a phone call. Several members here can attest to that. I understand that e-mail is the easiest way to go and is free, but if someone doesn't hear from me after a few e-mails, I invite them to call me. I answer my phone any time of day on any day of the week. I even answer if I've only had one or two hours of sleep. It's out of my hatred of playing phone tag.

Again, I'm not above answering e-mails, it's just that I can't always answer all of them and they kind of get lost in the crowd. I hope no one is upset over it and if they are still willing to give it another shot, they can e-mail me again. I'm going to go through all my recent e-mails right now to look for those three people. I know one of them is Blown353, and I will be writing him shortly.

Thanks,
Kris

camcojb
12-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks Kris. Please answer Troy (blown353), I'd appreciate it, he's a good friend of mine. I'll start telling people to call. Is your number on your site?

Jody

camcojb
12-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey Kris, I just read Troys response in the Christmas thread, let him hang out there a bit! ;) He's such a smarta$$!

Jody

Blown353
12-20-2004, 12:21 AM
I know the feeling Kris; a friend of mine has a parts shop, and a few years ago I helped set up an office computer for him, part of that was email. He typically gets hundreds of emails per day, >90% of which is spam. After weeding through that to find the legit emails, for every email with a person legitimately wanting to purchase something, he'll get 10 emails from "tire kickers"-- the guys who want something for free, who want to check stock and price on something and then never orders, or guys who want a "deal" or want to trade totally unrelated parts. He could better spend that time answering the phone or helping people at the counter rather than answering those emails that will likely never result in a sale, so just like you said a lot of the email goes unread or unresponded to. He's not being rude either, but if he sat down and read and responded to every email he would never have time to answer the phone or deal face to face with paying customers at the counter!

I'm not knocking you one bit, just saying that I know the feeling. If someone is willing to call you up, they're likely serious. As you said, email is quick and free and is usually the contact method of choice for "tire kickers"; since they don't plan on buying anything, they certainly won't be willing to spend a few bucks on a long distance phone call.

Calling was my next step, just hadn't got around to it yet. Too many other things going on at the moment, but I wasn't going to let you slip away.

Speaking of delayed email responses, another aftermarket vendor responded to an email inquiry of mine a few weeks ago... 9 MONTHS after I first emailed them. I was slightly interested in the product and wanted a few more details, but wasn't serious enough to call, so I really didn't mind if I got a response or not. If I really wanted it, I would have just called in the first place. The funny part is that by the time they responded to my email, they no longer made the product I inquired about!

And Jody: I neglected to mention in the Christmas thread the snazzy spinner hubcaps for your boat trailer. I bought those myself. :p

Kris Horton
12-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Troy,

No problem at all. On top of being busy as ever, the holiday season is creeping up on me and I haven't even had time to go shopping for anyone yet!!!! AHHHH!!!! Like my girlfriend mentioned in a previous thread, chances are, I'm going to be working right through Christmas Eve and Christmas day. But what can I say? I enjoy it, so it's not too bad!

Kris

Teetoe_Jones
12-20-2004, 04:20 AM
That is just crazy. I have never not answered an Email about a kit, but I was late on a response for a total shipped price of a crossmember to a guy that is doing a McLeod setup for a BBC. I've been trying to re-direct my Email to [email protected] and get away from my hotmail account. Thanks for the heads up though.
Tyler

camcojb
12-20-2004, 09:17 AM
That is just crazy. I have never not answered an Email about a kit, but I was late on a response for a total shipped price of a crossmember to a guy that is doing a McLeod setup for a BBC. I've been trying to re-direct my Email to [email protected] and get away from my hotmail account. Thanks for the heads up though.
Tyler

I haven't been able to get a response from you either, but I've been using your hotmail account. I'm going to switch it now to the other e-mail.

Thanks Tyler.

Jody

Teetoe_Jones
12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I emailed you yesterday morning, explaining the same thing- Did you not get that either?
I'm going to ditch the Hotmail account, this is getting old. Thanks again for the heads up.
Tyler

camcojb
12-20-2004, 06:05 PM
I emailed you yesterday morning, explaining the same thing- Did you not get that either?
I'm going to ditch the Hotmail account, this is getting old. Thanks again for the heads up.
Tyler

No Tyler, never got it. That explains a lot though. I can remove this post now if you guys prefer, though it may help to explain what's been happening. Let me know, either way is fine.

Jody

Ummgawa
12-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Kris

Give your family a discount on Renderings :D

will69camaro
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
I will say that the one time that i needed to contact ATS i called on a saturday and my phone call was returned in 1-1 1/2 hours. I was really shocked with how fast he responded. If you want another email account i have a few gmail invites if you'd like to give it a shot and see it it would yeild better results.

William

Email [email protected] if you want an invite.

harshman
12-21-2004, 03:19 PM
tyler - why can't you use [email protected]? does the site not offer email?

Musclerodz
12-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Tyler, if you are not using your hotmail account, you need to remove it from your web site. I was getting ready to email you reagarding a second gen Pontiac kit before I saw this thread.

Mike