PDA

View Full Version : September 05 Feature: Chris McDonald's LS1 Powered 69 Camaro

XcYZ
08-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Chris and his 69 Camaro gets the nod for the new 'Feature of the Month' that I'm kicking off in September. It's now linked from the homepage or you can click HERE (http://www.lateral-g.net/members/mcdonald69camaro/) to check it out.

It's a great story, definitely worth reading. :thumbsup:

http://www.lateral-g.net/feat_sept05.jpg

Huxsol81
08-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey Chris,
Great car and an equally great story, Im sure your Dad would be proud!! :thumbsup:

camcojb
08-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Yep, very cool story and awesome car!

Jody

jonny51
09-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah great story and of course a cool car.

slck6t9
09-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Chris, outstanding story and car. Like you said it was meant to be. Congradulations.....

Scott

Autokraft
09-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Chris,

Thats a very nice car you have there. I wish I still had my first 69 Camaro back when I was sixteen. Great story.

Kurt

autokraft.org

Steve Chryssos
09-01-2005, 07:23 AM
I can only hope that someday my son will grow to appreciate this car and let it teach him as much about life as it has me.

No doubt, Chris. No doubt.

And I can't think of a better car to serve as the first Lateral-g "monthly feature."
/Steevo

XcYZ
09-01-2005, 07:37 AM
That's exactly what I thought, Steve.

Chris is on vacation this week in Alaska, but I'm sure he'll chime in once he gets back home.

Steve Chryssos
09-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Just think--By the time his son comes of age, the car will be ready for a makeover. Let's see, Year: 2020. Chris and his son can work together to install that trick new ABS/ASR/Throttle-by-Wire system that MSD just introduced at SEMA 2019. And they can finally get around to converting the LS1 over to diesel. Who knows--Maybe they'll even make room for some 435mm tires out back. Or they can just go for the "old school" look and run 335's.
/Steevo

radrambler
09-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Chris and his 69 Camaro gets the nod for the new 'Feature of the Month' that I'm kicking off in September. It's now linked from the homepage or you can click HERE (http://www.lateral-g.net/members/mcdonald69camaro/) to check it out.

It's a great story, definitely worth reading. :thumbsup:

http://www.lateral-g.net/feat_sept05.jpg
myself and chris met at our work ...discount auto parts at age 17.. my first job...we both had 69 camaros .... his was the nicer of the two his being restored and mine just a repaint .i also ...through the last 17 years we have worked on many cars together and helped each other out and grown older...its great to see that the car is back and redone...for him and his son to enjoy and as a tribute to his dad..who was a great man....

radrambler

XcYZ
09-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Chris is getting even more exposure, I just saw his cars on Car Crazy, along with the letter he wrote to Barry Mcguire.

Congrats again, Chris!

evilzee28
09-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Thats a great story for a great car. Brought a tear to my eye as it reminded me of my father doing the same thing for me when I was 15. He figured that buying me a car & getting me to work on it with him it'd keep me outta trouble & give me direction, plus I grew a whole lot closer to him. Difference was I had a vintage 2 seater convertible (1937 Morris 8) & we built it from the chassis up.I know how you feel Chris, my dad passed away last year as well & when i'm working on my cars I still think "how would dad have done that?". :thumbsup:

Payton King
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Great story. I can't wait to introduce my boys to the world of hot rodding.

MaxHarvard
09-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Awesome! :D

CAMAROBOY69
09-02-2005, 10:33 AM
That is an incredible story and awesome car. I had many mixed emotions while reading the entire story. At one point I had to quit because my eyes were wattering too much. That should be made into a movie or a book it is just that good. Congrats on all the coverage, your son, and getting the car back. I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of you and eventually your son. :thumbsup:
I think Chris is going to cry when he reads all of our support. :yes:

69MyWay
09-08-2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks guys!

I have been on family vacation until last night.

The feature looks fantastic.

Martin_Nissen
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Just wondering.. Wheres the master cylinder and booster?

Anyways, awesome car. That one and Steve1969LS1's blue Camaro are probably the most inspiring to me right now :)

Thanks guys!

I have been on family vacation until last night.

The feature looks fantastic.

69rs
09-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Awesome - the car and the story that goes with it! :thumbsup:

JohnnyGMachine
09-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey Steevo,

I think they might be beyond diesel conversions...I'm thinking they'll be trading in the fuel tank for a Hydrogen Fuel cell and have their "vintage" LS1 converted to run on Hydrogen. Tires will be obsolete, they will be called "surface friction fusion dampners" LOL!

Neat story, nice ride. I've thought about selling my Mustang that I've had now for 6 years. It's made it through 4 girlfriends (all saying I should sell it and just buy a new car) One of my favorite things one girlfrined said to me - "..you know, you're car will never love you back!" She was gone 2 weeks later. The next girlfriend I dated is now my wife. She would never let me sell it because of the memories she and I have with taking it to cruise nights and just havin' fun in it.
Moral of the story, DON'T SELL IT!
And as it was in my case, if you're single and you've got a girlfriend tellin you to get rid of it - time to get rid of her - there's many other fish in the sea. Some women won't understand the story like Chris and his Camaro but there are SOME THAT DO.

John

trapin
09-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I have a question for Chris. Where is the wiper motor on that car? I see you have windshield wipers but no visible wiper motor. Did you get creative in hiding it or are the wipers static?

Great looking car, BTW. I've been following your story for about 3 years now, even before you came to this site.

trapin
09-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Oops, nevermind. I just read it in the description. I'd like to see pictures of that hidden wiper motor though.

69MyWay
09-25-2005, 04:46 AM
I have a question for Chris. Where is the wiper motor on that car? I see you have windshield wipers but no visible wiper motor. Did you get creative in hiding it or are the wipers static?

Great looking car, BTW. I've been following your story for about 3 years now, even before you came to this site.

THanks man! The wiper is a 85 VW on a custom bracket mounted to the stock wiper transmission assembly in the cowl. I got the idea from a post I saw at PT.com, and went from there. It can be wired to work with your stock switch, or in my case I wired it through a column mount later model style GM switch and saved the spot on my i/p where the stock switch went for a fuel pressure gauge.

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/files/VW_wiper_motor.JPG

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/files/Wiper_motor_mounted.JPG