PDA

View Full Version : not showing enough new posts

Flash68
10-22-2008, 03:29 AM
So, usually I log on pretty late at night and when I do and hit "new posts" it will only show 1 thread usually. How come it does this? I know the vBulletin is pretty much identical as far as how it works on the pro-touring.com forum but this isn't a problem on that site. ??

thanks

XcYZ
10-26-2008, 08:17 AM
The New Posts option works for me on both of my computers, so it makes me think it's something local to your computer, like a cookie setting.

Spiffav8
10-26-2008, 12:05 PM
It's a sign that you spend way to much time on this site. :lol:

So, usually I log on pretty late at night and when I do and hit "new posts" it will only show 1 thread usually. How come it does this? I know the vBulletin is pretty much identical as far as how it works on the pro-touring.com forum but this isn't a problem on that site. ??

thanks

Flash68
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
The New Posts option works for me on both of my computers, so it makes me think it's something local to your computer, like a cookie setting.

Hmm. My settings show me accepting all cookies for this site like I believe it should.

Lemme ask this. Everytime you hit New Posts, at any time of the day, does it list a full page of them? Or just 1 or 2 threads sometimes?

thanks Scott

Flash68
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
It's a sign that you spend way to much time on this site. :lol:

You're right there with me! :lol:

Flash68
10-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, I don't have a problem with getting New posts. Although, there is times that I miss posts. I think that a button for posts within the last 24 hours, should be added.

Jeff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/67rscamaro

Good point, and that would be solve my issue. I think the Camaros.net forum has that option :)

Whaddya think Scott? Is that hard to implement?

Spiffav8
10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
You're right there with me! :lol:

True..I am and at the same hours!
:cheers:

tjbruning
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Click on "Quick Links" in the upper right and then "Today's Post" for the past 24 hours worth of posts.

Flash68
10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Click on "Quick Links" in the upper right and then "Today's Post" for the past 24 hours worth of posts.

Cool, never saw that. Thanks.

I wonder if it shows only the true "today's" posts if I click if soon after midnight, when I am usually online. I will have to see what happens!

I'm sure Curtis will be up late too! :lol: