PDA

View Full Version : OK, Whats everybody gettin for Christmas this year?

Ummgawa
12-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Lets hear it. :D

jonny51
12-19-2004, 10:08 PM
A whole lot of nothing! :D

camcojb
12-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Anything that will help me finish my car for the Tour is what I'm hoping for! Problem is my family really can't buy car stuff for me, they want it to be a surprise and have no idea what I need. I seem to be the only car nut in my family!

Jody

Blown353
12-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Jody, being the good friend that I am I called the wife and told her you really wanted a set of 24" spinners for Christmas.

I wish I could be there to see the look on your face when you open them! :D

http://home.comcast.net/~swedish_chef/stuff/ForumStuff/spinnahz.gif

Steve Chryssos
12-20-2004, 07:32 AM
I'll settle for:

World Peace OR a piece of the world -- one of the smaller continents will suffice. I'm not very particular.

Actually, I would settle for some cold weather riding gear. I hate not being able to ride my motorcycle--I get all grumpy.

c.schulz
12-20-2004, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=camcojb]Anything that will help me finish my car for the Tour is what I'm hoping for! Problem is my family really can't buy car stuff for me, they want it to be a surprise and have no idea what I need. I seem to be the only car nut in my family
I know in what you speak.When I tell me wife what I need for the car all I get is a blank look.
Chris

camcojb
12-20-2004, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=camcojb]Anything that will help me finish my car for the Tour is what I'm hoping for! Problem is my family really can't buy car stuff for me, they want it to be a surprise and have no idea what I need. I seem to be the only car nut in my family
I know in what you speak.When I tell me wife what I need for the car all I get is a blank look.
Chris

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

mdprovee
12-20-2004, 10:36 AM
My wife bought me a new spoiler. Course I told her from where and what part number, because she doesn't know what I want either. She just let me pick up the new wheels and tires. having the car mini tubbed, within the last month, so x mas came early for me this year.

Mike

XcYZ
12-20-2004, 10:37 AM
My wife says that the new parts look like the old parts. When I got my new wheels and showed her, she says they looked like the other ones, and what was wrong with them? lol

BC69
12-20-2004, 11:25 AM
I used to just give my family a couple catalogs and mark like 30 things, that way they would have a choice, and could still suprise me with the few things they chose from the many.
But this year I dont need any car stuff, so its back to clothes and the usual
!

TIM

Ummgawa
12-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Last year I told the Wife I wanted a "Flux Capacitor" for my 69 Z-28. I told her (Jokingly of course), You can get one at any car place. Come to find out that she indeed went to every parts store in town and out of town and no "Flux capacitor".

Any one who remembers "Back to the Future" remembers that part. I never said a word about it until just now. There must have been a lot of laughs from parts guys on that one.

I also seem to be the ony Car Guy,Other than my dad, in my family. They all love em when I finish em, but until then, They could give a crap.

XcYZ
12-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Jim, I hope your wife never finds out about the flux capacitor!!

Keith
12-20-2004, 02:02 PM
You know it's funny, I haven't heard a damn thing or even a clue about what I'm getting for X-mas! I did drop a line about a month ago that I wouldn't be opposed to a nice rolling toolbox, though :D We'll see. This thread will get a lot better the day after.... :D

Did anyone get anything cool for Chaunukah?

Stuart Adams
12-20-2004, 02:37 PM
With family and friends and getting my car done this year, I don't need nutin, except a 05 Z06!!!!!!

MaxHarvard
12-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I used to just give my family a couple catalogs and mark like 30 things, that way they would have a choice, and could still suprise me with the few things they chose from the many.
TIM

I do that every year. FInally the wife decided to get me something.

I was down stairs and i hear her from the office, "what kind of transmission do you have?"

Me - "TH350"
Her - "thats not on the list"

I walk upstairs and see the order screen for Classic Industries. HEHEH. Its gotta be good :D

~Eric

Musclerodz
12-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Last year I told the Wife I wanted a "Flux Capacitor" for my 69 Z-28. I told her (Jokingly of course), You can get one at any car place. Come to find out that she indeed went to every parts store in town and out of town and no "Flux capacitor".

This year ask for some blinker fluid! :D

I seriously think us car nuts need a store where we can register for the parts we want. A Wal-Mart for Car guys. Maybe we can talk Jeg's or Summit into it.

Mike

Keith
12-20-2004, 05:34 PM
When you think about it, though, it's just not fair. I mean, we love cars so shopping for us is pretty freakin' simple. We have an obvious obsession that can be catered to for the holidays; but some of my other friends and my g/f.......I don't know what the hell to get them!! I have to be thoughtful and try and tap into my long term memory to try and pick up on something they once said they liked!! I always end up feeling like a really bad listener... :D

BTW- Jim, that was freakin' hilarious!!!!

61Bubbletop
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
New house for the family....We asked them to get us in before Christmas, so we close at 1:00pm on the 23rd!...Gee thanks...I know what I am going to be doing over the next few days!

Ummgawa
12-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Someday their will be a "Bridal Registry" of sorts for Car Guys. He's gettin married, gonna have to be at home anyway, A super charger or a twin Turbo Set up, Paddle shifter set up. Mini Tub kit for the Mini Van, etc. Why should the chicks get all of the advantage when getting married?

Quick Joke: What Food kills a Woman's Sex drive? Wedding Cake. :D

Ummgawa
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh and Jeff, wouldn't an all out ass whuppin' have been easier than moving, building, 2 closings and a new house?

You da man Dude!!! :D

Oh and Keith, I got a Ham!!

Keith
12-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh and Jeff, wouldn't an all out ass whuppin' have been easier than moving, building, 2 closings and a new house?

You da man Dude!!! :D

Oh and Keith, I got a Ham!!

ahaha...serves you right!! :D

Stuart Adams
12-20-2004, 08:42 PM
What ever you buy for Christmas for yourself always, always, always say what the ladies say to justify it - IT WAS ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!

zbugger
12-21-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm getting the usual for christmas. A pair of socks, some coal (most likely in the socks), and a few bruises. For what, I do not know. Probably my mouth. :(

jonny51
12-21-2004, 01:26 AM
I'm getting the usual for christmas. A pair of socks, some coal (most likely in the socks), and a few bruises. For what, I do not know. Probably my mouth. :(

What about the carton of ciggeretts?

907rs
12-21-2004, 04:18 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for a set of Baer brakes. I gave my wife a BIG hint, so we'll see!

Ummgawa
12-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Bill

Be "Mr. Subliminal"....Say 'Baer Brakes' after every 20 words you say or so.
Example:

Good Morning Dear, Are we having "Baer Brakes" for Breakfast again? Would you please pass the Baer Brakes?

or

$2,000 on the Visa? There had better be "Baer Brakes" hidden in this house somewhere!

However, never, ever scream "Baer Brakes"!! during intimacy, it doesn't work. :D (Bill, please tell us that you did not use this as the BIG HINT!)

61Bubbletop
12-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Jim,

A kick in the balls would be easier to take then moving 2 days before Christmas, when it is about 5F outside!... :D

Ummgawa
12-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Yes Indeed, Jeff, A kick in the Balls would be easier. :D

jannes_z-28
12-21-2004, 10:26 AM
I must tell a funny story about getting X-mas gifts to the wifes.

A friend of mine gave his wife an alternator as the main gift one year. Guess the look on her face when opening that one AND the eye he got from her.

His lame excuse when she started to bitch about this excellent gift "-Well it is broken in your car so you need a new one."

I mean we men (car nuts) would have thought that we finally got a wife that understood us, right. But women only want juvelry, expensive shoes and so on. But as we all know they are from some other planet...

And how do you know about what you are going to get. Do you have spies in Santa's factory.

I have been wishing for a benchgrinder but my woman only looks at me as I am an idiot :confused:

Merry Christmas to you all.

Jan

907rs
12-21-2004, 12:46 PM
However, never, ever scream "Baer Brakes"!! during intimacy, it doesn't work. :D (Bill, please tell us that you did not use this as the BIG HINT!)

How'd you guess, Jim?

Being the big stud that I am, that's the best time to ask. She hasn't let me down yet! :cool:

If it doesn't work, you must be doing something wrong. :D

907rs
12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh, and Jeff, I feel your pain man!!!!

Ricochet
12-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Well..Every year year I buy myself a Christmas present. And this year wasn't going to be any different. However, I believe it is going to be along time before I buy another X-mas present for myself (according to the wife..that is..) This year I think I over did it. I bought a new 2005 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Duramax 4WD. I convinced my wife we needed a Crew Cab for ease of the getting the baby in & out, which she was ok with. Now about the Duramax & 4WD options?? I'm still working on those..In the meantime though I'll be sleeping on the couch!!! LOL!! :D

Steve Chryssos
12-22-2004, 07:03 AM
The 4WD is for safety. The Duramax is for uhhhh.....reliability. Yeah that's it.

Ricochet
12-22-2004, 07:32 AM
The 4WD is for safety. The Duramax is for uhhhh.....reliability. Yeah that's it.

LOL!! I'll try those out!! Thanks Steve..

c.schulz
12-22-2004, 07:49 AM
The duramax will last twice as long as a gas engine and will get almost twice the gas mileage.People have done the math that the cost will pay for itself in about 80,000 miles. ;) Next month is the best time to buy a vehicle.Sales are the slowest in January.Keep a look out for rebates for that month also. :D
Chris