PDA

View Full Version : Repop Fenders?

awr68
08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Ok, I need a standard drivers side fender for my 68 camaro so I went to my local Chevy Restoration Store and bought two new fenders, thought I mise well replace both while I was at it. Well neither fit at all, I mean no where close to fitting the door gap was huge, a lot of metal would have had to be added! So I returned them. I can't remember the Brand name, but the salesman told me the company was owned by a guy that used to head up Goodmark and in his (the salesman's) mind were a better product than Goodmark.

My question is has anyone used Goodmark's 67-68 camaro fenders? If so what is the fitment like? I would love to use OE but I'm having trouble locating one....

LS1NOVA
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I tried using Goodmark fenders on my Nova and ended up going back to rusted
originals. They werent even close and Goodmark would do nothing. GOOdMARK SUCKS! They are scrap.

PairOf69's
08-30-2005, 06:42 PM
I had the same problem with a driver side fender for my 69, this one was from Golden Legion? And it fit just like the name sounds....Taiwan Crap, ended up using the original with 85% bondo on it!

awr68
08-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys...I might try to fix the origional fender before ordering a Goodmark. The only real problem is it was lightly hit at the fender well opening...not sure how hard that will be to fix it with all the radiouses...I see patch panels are available, that might be the way to go and still have a better fit than aftermarket....