PDA

View Full Version : New member from Tennessee here.

PaceCarNut
08-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone,
I figured after spendig so much time reading in the search forums, I would go ahead and join so I could intro myself. I am Chuck and as you can see by my name I love my pace cars, They are all 69 camaros, I also own 2 69 coupes and 1 72 el camino. These are my toys and as of now, 3 of them are under the knife.
I wanted to do a vert in pro tour style, but my most recent pace car purchase is being torn aprart right now and the metal on this car iss o good I am almost against making her my PT car, And her name is (SEXY)
I also have a coupe, that was an old drag car that Im resorecting. it has been gutted only a shell with a rear kit and cage connected to front factory subframe. but it will need 1/4's due to the guy opening SO BIG for the slicks. But Ill figure it out.

P.S. I was reading in 1 of the threads somewhere here, and it sounds like there are a few old Super Shops employees here? I was one there also.
Like everyone, I started as a tire mounter in the shop. Worked at the Covina, Ca. store then went to the San Gabriel store then moved to the Phoenix, AZ. store then here to Knoxville,Tn. as a manager and then the company died its slow non-paying taxes death. I was employee #856

Autokraft
08-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Pacecarnut,

Welcome to the site. Well you are in the right place since there are so many 69 Camaros in here.lol!!
You used to work at SuperShops? I have not heard of that place for a long time. They used to sponsor one of our customers. I remember going on a trip down to florida and while I was there on vacation I drove to one of their stores and bought a bunch of speed parts for my car. They didn`t have any stores where I live.
Anyway that brought back some cool memories.

Take care,

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

camcojb
08-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Welcome Chuck! Super Shops employee #313 here. Managed Sacramento and Albuquerque and was a floating manager in southern California. Gotta love the 6 day work weeks!

Jody

XcYZ
08-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi Chuck, glad you stopped by and introduced yourself. :thumbsup:

awr68
08-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome!!

As for Super Shops, man I bought my share of Euro TA's there in the late Eighty's... :thumbsup:

Huxsol81
08-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Welcome, this is an excellent place to kick back and enjoy the scenery! :cool:

69rs
08-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Welcome! How 'bout some pics of those 69's!

907rs
08-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Welcome!

And yes, we'd like to see some pics! :D

jonny51
08-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Welcome Chuck, you don't happen to buy and sell pace cars do you?

PaceCarNut
08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, Thanks for the welcome. I will definitly post some pics of my cars for everyone to check out. :D It will be a couple of days due to Katrina has started dumping rain on us here in tennessee tonight. I am also leaving to go to Fort Bragg NC sometime tomorrow to go pick up an El Camino for for a customer of mine,I,m also trying to squeeze a stop in at Detroit Speed and talk with them a little more about some product. But I will get you some pics posted.
Scott, Everyone knows information is priceless, so I made a donation to the site, Hope it helps.
Hope everyone hangs on, Cause its gonna be a wild ride with me onboard now. Just kidding. Shouldnt be to bad... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jonny51- Yes I do by pace cars, I try not to sell them, but sometimes I will if someone needs something worse then I. Are you wanting to buy or sell?

jonny51
08-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I know a guy in TN who knows a guy who sells Pacecars.The pacecar seller had a 67 pacecar awhile back that was actually used in the race that year.Is that you?

XcYZ
08-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Scott, Everyone knows information is priceless, so I made a donation to the site, Hope it helps.

Cool, it's greatly appreciated! I responded to the PayPal e-mail, I wasn't sure exactly who it was at the time since your name is listed differently in the header.

Thanks again!

PaceCarNut
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I have not had a 67 pace car yet, Although, I do have a documented 69 festival pace car in my collection.
I know of 2 other pace cars car in Tn. and another one that was a clone that was sold on ZBAY a few months back.
I try to keep low and under the radar, Dont like to many people knowing what is kept in the garage. Thats the nice thing bout have multiples of the same car, People do not know the differance betwen my pace cars. :_paranoid

XcYZ
08-30-2005, 10:03 AM
LOL, I've never thought of that!

coolclassiccars
08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
hey pacecarnut,i also have a passion for a convertible camaro, i currently am in the process of final assembly of a pace car convertibly.this car was hit hard,but just can't let it suffer any longer.fresh from paint. :unibrow: