PDA

View Full Version : Drawing of my Wagon...

SRD Art
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Finally got around to taking some photos of my "shop truck", my 79 Olds Cutlass wagon, at a show I attended last weekend. I use it to haul stuff around as well as advertise for my business a bit. I take it to cruise ins and local shows with a sample of my art on the display banner and a business card holder on the radiator support filled with cards. Right now the car has a .030 400 small block Chevy with a Comp XE268 cam and some other engine goodies backed by a stock TH350 and factory 2.41 gears in the 7.5 rear. I cut the springs for a cheapie 3" drop and threw on some early 70's Chevelle wheels. I bought the car with the nose hammered in a rear end crunch so I just painted the replacement parts black for now. Next year I'll be adding the wheels, a 700R4 and I'm looking for a 12 bolt from a early 70's A body to put 3.55's in.

Thought I'd share this one in the art thread because it shows my art in the "vision" banner for the car, using a Hurst/Olds theme with a slammed suspension and the bigger rims.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/73novars/PDshowwag1.jpg

DVierstra
09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Nice work Ben! Glad to see another wagon guy. A great way to show your work!

SRD Art
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks! I've always loved wagons, versitle, good looks, and they make great hot rods. Used to have a 65 Nova wagon project, had to sell it about 16 years ago when I moved cross country. You know the story- "wish I still had it..." :(