PDA

View Full Version : new guy here...

primate
08-22-2005, 02:59 AM
hello everyone. just thought i would introduce myself and my toy.
just thought i would show my pandoras box i just opened...

it will be a pro touring car when its done, twin turbo lt1, 4l80e, dana 60... but right now..... well.... its pro rust... :(

but if you squint your eyes reeeeeeeeeeal close, you can see gold....GOLD I TELL YA! :D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092707

my nickname is the same everywhere, from real olds power to nastyz28 to cz28 to ls2to beyond.... i am the one they call primate.... or thom. either way. howyadoin?

XcYZ
08-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Welcome, primate.

That sounds a little odd, doesn't it, lol.

camcojb
08-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Yes I know you from the second gen board. I also did a twin turbo LT1 and 4L80E for my project. Welcome to the board!

Jody

907rs
08-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Welcome Thom. Nice to see another second gen; we don't have too many here yet.

Lesrace82
08-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Welcome.

Are you in need of a rear window for that? I have one in good shape from a 72 if you need it.

race-rodz
08-23-2005, 10:07 PM
well.... its pro rust...

new trend??

66chevy
08-24-2005, 05:39 AM
new trend??

IF SO I AM IN!!! :willy:

primate
08-24-2005, 11:54 PM
yup. its a new trend. just call me the innovator. :D

i have a back window in great shape. thank you for the offer though. i truly appreciate that.
believe it or not, the glass and interior on it is in super nice shape. the center console only has a small chip in it on the very back of the left side, about the size of a quarter.

one thing that bugs me from the mags is when they said they wont take any pro touring car seriously with the factory seats...the 70 as you my or may not know, has one year only seats. a low back bucket with a headrest. i may bolster the sides for a bit more support, but i want to run them with the 4 or 5 pt harness tied to the cage. its one of those things that i feel will help the character of the car. plus, they look good. :yes:
but thats a while off.

i finished the other side today. :willy: so now, i have the rear valence to remove, then its make everything purty, por15, and start piecing it back together.

thanks for the warm welcome.