PDA

View Full Version : who,what,where,...florida?

evilzee28
08-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Hi, it looks like we might be doing the Disney thing next May/June, is there anything you guys could recommend taking in?? Bear in mind this'll be my first trip to the US, so it'll hopefully be all new to me. Any PT/G-Machine things happening. We're gonna be over for 14 days, probably do a week at the attractions & then try & take in other things, thanks guys :thumbsup:

69MyWay
08-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Make sure you go to Old Town off 92 on a Saturday night and catch the cruise in. I might even be there rolling around.

I am moving to Central Florida next month and will be about 20 minutes west of Disney.

evilzee28
08-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Make sure you go to Old Town off 92 on a Saturday night and catch the cruise in. I might even be there rolling around.

I am moving to Central Florida next month and will be about 20 minutes west of Disney.

Cool, maybe I'll be able to meet up with you. Good luck with the move. :) I hope to travel around a bit so any other things of interest? How far are NPD & Classic industries from Kissimee ( hope to rent a place there, rather than stay in hotels) :thumbsup:

69MyWay
08-20-2005, 05:16 AM
NPD is about 1.5 hours or so depending on traffic (which there is a LOT of traffic on I-4).

There are tons of things to do all along that area from water parks, theme parkes, historical sites, race sites, guided tours, nature walks, etc. etc. etc.

Musclerodz
08-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Frank of Prodgy Customs is right close by to Disney I think.

Mike

evilzee28
08-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Frank of Prodgy Customs is right close by to Disney I think.

Mike

Are there many car orientated things going on in Florida at this time??

Frank, how far are you from Kissimee?? maybe I could explain the 3 week outgassing to you? lol :unibrow: Just kidding ! :thumbsup:

ProdigyCustoms
08-20-2005, 05:06 PM
LOL, As 69MyWay said, Old Town is every Saturday night with 400 to 600 cars all pre 72. This is only about 4 miles from the gate at Disney. I will have to think about other events this time of year. We are about 40 minutes from Disney, and you are very welcome to come by. in fact tonight I am meeting a mate from England I met on another board a few years ago. He is coming over for one month a year now.

I need to warn you though the temperature is blazing in those months. It would be a much more pleasant trip in fall or spring. From November to February, my top doesn't go up!

Funny enough, I may need that lesson as I had some solvent pop last week for the first time in 10 years. Got it straight though and the paint company is paying, their boo boo.

evilzee28
08-21-2005, 10:55 AM
LOL, As 69MyWay said, Old Town is every Saturday night with 400 to 600 cars all pre 72. This is only about 4 miles from the gate at Disney. I will have to think about other events this time of year. We are about 40 minutes from Disney, and you are very welcome to come by. in fact tonight I am meeting a mate from England I met on another board a few years ago. He is coming over for one month a year now.

I need to warn you though the temperature is blazing in those months. It would be a much more pleasant trip in fall or spring. From November to February, my top doesn't go up!

Funny enough, I may need that lesson as I had some solvent pop last week for the first time in 10 years. Got it straight though and the paint company is paying, their boo boo.

Thanks for the info, maybe we'd better rethink the time to come over if it's really hot, as I don't take to the heat too well being fair skinned, I just turn red & peel!! :willy: Who's the guy from England I might know him if he's into cars? Thanks fro the offer of calling by, I'd love to take you up on the offer when we come over if thats ok?

Remember, you're gonna have to strip the paint off the car thats got outgassing problems, you can't just flat, seal & paint it :thumbsup: if you want any advice just mail me, have a good un.....Nigel

68protouring454
08-22-2005, 06:41 AM
you better take him up on that offer for help.

ProdigyCustoms
08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
I am trying to remeber Jeff's last name. He is a Mopar nut, has a Pro Street 66 Satilite. Met him on another forum a few years ago. He wanted to come to world Street Finals here, so we invited him over. Now he and wife and kids come over at least once a year.

pushrod243
08-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Hot rod power tour kicks of in Kissimee, Florida for 2006 and first stop will be at gainesville florida drag strip (2-3 hour drive)

I think that would be a must see if you want to see tons of American customs.

June 3, Saturday, Kissimmee, FL - OSCEOLA HERITAGE PARK
June 4, Sunday, Gainesville, FL (129 miles) - GAINESVILLE RACEWAY

John

evilzee28
08-23-2005, 04:41 AM
I am trying to remeber Jeff's last name. He is a Mopar nut, has a Pro Street 66 Satilite. Met him on another forum a few years ago. He wanted to come to world Street Finals here, so we invited him over. Now he and wife and kids come over at least once a year.

Would that be Jeff Brown with the '66 Coronet, "Big,Red & Loud"?if it is, I know of him but I don't know him personally. Haven't you converted him yet to the "dark side" of P/Touring??lol :yes: He wouldn't know me as we haven't met but he might know my company, Ventura Speed shop as we adverised in Custom Car & Street Machine & buliding a radical "A" pickup called the Feakster, which features in the ads. :thumbsup:

evilzee28
08-23-2005, 04:43 AM
Hot rod power tour kicks of in Kissimee, Florida for 2006 and first stop will be at gainesville florida drag strip (2-3 hour drive)

I think that would be a must see if you want to see tons of American customs.

June 3, Saturday, Kissimmee, FL - OSCEOLA HERITAGE PARK
June 4, Sunday, Gainesville, FL (129 miles) - GAINESVILLE RACEWAY

John
Thanks for the info John, just gotta decide the best time to come over that fits in with everyone :thumbsup:

ProdigyCustoms
08-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Would that be Jeff Brown with the '66 Coronet, "Big,Red & Loud"?if it is, I know of him but I don't know him personally. Haven't you converted him yet to the "dark side" of P/Touring??lol :yes: He wouldn't know me as we haven't met but he might know my company, Ventura Speed shop as we adverised in Custom Car & Street Machine & buliding a radical "A" pickup called the Feakster, which features in the ads. :thumbsup:

Yes as a matter of fact. I remebered the last name after the post. Jeff is a great guy, sure sounds like it is a lot harder to do this over there then here in the states.

Smack_talker
08-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Check out www.hotrod.com, 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour kicks off in Kissimmee next June. It's a must for a true gearhead. I will be there in some type of hot rod...hopefully a G-machine Pro Tour car. :thumbsup:

69MyWay
08-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Check out www.hotrod.com, 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour kicks off in Kissimmee next June. It's a must for a true gearhead. I will be there in some type of hot rod...hopefully a G-machine Pro Tour car. :thumbsup:

I believe we are going to open up our home (about 20 minutes from Kissimmee) next year as a stopping off/meeting point for any Lat-G guys that intend on rolling into the Power Tour.

My wife is a great cook, swimming pool, and there will be plenty of tools and supplies if anybody needs to make any last minute tweaks. We can also store cars there as needed (out door storage) being shipped in for the tour.

evilzee28
08-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I believe we are going to open up our home (about 20 minutes from Kissimmee) next year as a stopping off/meeting point for any Lat-G guys that intend on rolling into the Power Tour.

My wife is a great cook, swimming pool, and there will be plenty of tools and supplies if anybody needs to make any last minute tweaks. We can also store cars there as needed (out door storage) being shipped in for the tour.

Now I'm getting confused & thats not hard :yes: We originally planned to come over in May/June but were thinking of changing it to March/April to avoid the heat, but that means I'll miss seeing your cars on the Power tour, so how hot is it in June??? I'd really like to meet up & see your cars, but don't want to spoil the familys' holiday if it's too hot for them. What would you recommend?? Thanks guys :)

69MyWay
08-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Now I'm getting confused & thats not hard :yes: We originally planned to come over in May/June but were thinking of changing it to March/April to avoid the heat, but that means I'll miss seeing your cars on the Power tour, so how hot is it in June??? I'd really like to meet up & see your cars, but don't want to spoil the familys' holiday if it's too hot for them. What would you recommend?? Thanks guys :)

The heat is just something we are use to from living in it for years. Central Florida is very humid and there is little breeze. June is pretty hot, but you learn to find shade, carry plenty of water, wear sun screen, hats, and dress light with shorts and light/bright colored clothing to reflect the heat.

Temps in June should be mostly in the 80s (F) during the day spiking into the 90s here and there. It really doesn't get miserable hot until late July-August into early September. During these months it is just HOT, and usually rains everyday in the afternoon about the same time. It is not unusual to be into the high 80s or low 90s even after the sun has set.

I can stand out in my garage at night and just sweat from the humid sticky weather. However, we adapt.

Winters, Spring, and Fall are great and there is no snow or ice (except for unusual situations not lasting more than a few hours any given year).

The POWER TOUR is an amazing thing from the leg of it I saw this year. However, it is about the same old thing at everystop. If you came in June and caught that you could get the first day and second day and probably see all you want to see. Heck, I am sure I will catch at least the Florida stops going up.

Little Bob
08-29-2005, 11:32 AM
My family and I are avid Disney fans. We go to the parks for 2 weeks every year. We faound the best time go is October. Alot going down there. Also all car guys have to eat dinner at Race Rock on international Drive. You can also do the Richard Petty Driving Experiance too.

What resort are staying in?

evilzee28
09-02-2005, 04:24 PM
My family and I are avid Disney fans. We go to the parks for 2 weeks every year. We faound the best time go is October. Alot going down there. Also all car guys have to eat dinner at Race Rock on international Drive. You can also do the Richard Petty Driving Experiance too.

What resort are staying in?
Hi Litttle Bob, thanks for the reply. We're hoping to stay in Kissimmee & rent a place there, which'll give us a little more freedom than being in the Disney experience the whole holiday. Still not too sure when we're gonna come out yet, have to see how everything pans out regarding time off from work etc, plus we don't wanna get scorched in the heat :yes:

ProdigyCustoms
09-02-2005, 08:40 PM
You may want to talk to Jeff Brown. He owns a place here now, I do not know if he rents it or not. But seeing as you guy's both talk funny............

evilzee28
09-03-2005, 03:22 AM
You may want to talk to Jeff Brown. He owns a place here now, I do not know if he rents it or not. But seeing as you guy's both talk funny............

Your country's full of people that talk funny lol :D Do you have a contact number for Jeff as I don't know him personally, thanks Frank, have a good un :thumbsup:

How's the car coming along, any more pics for us??

ProdigyCustoms
09-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Here is Jeffs E mail just tell him you are my friend. When you tell him we met on a board he will laugh, cause that is how i met him.

I am holding off on pics until after SEMA. Sent the motor out today to the machine shop. Putting the floors in and putting it on the rotissiere for blasting and undercarrage detailing. Final blocking the body, he should squirt it next weekend then put it together.

Jeffs e mail
[email protected]

jeff66
09-04-2005, 09:07 AM
WOW! my ears are burning!

evilzee28
09-04-2005, 09:39 AM
WOW! my ears are burning!
Hi Jeff, welcome to the board. Thanks for your email (Thanks Frank) :thumbsup: I'll mail you soon with details of when we hope to go to Florida.
:yes:

ProdigyCustoms
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey ya Jeff. Be careful. Hanging out here may make you want to put fat front tires on your car, and sway bars!

evilzee28
09-05-2005, 03:45 AM
Hey ya Jeff. Be careful. Hanging out here may make you want to put fat front tires on your car, and sway bars!

Yeah, & make you want to run just as fast in a straight line but go fast round corners too :unibrow: