PDA

View Full Version : HHR Mod

SRD Art
08-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Here's another one I did in photoshop a while back. I like wagons and panels because of their cool looks and versatility. I'm just getting my business off the ground so I thought of what would be a good economicl vehicle that would look cool, represent my business well, and was able to haul at least a small block chevy in the cargo area. I ended up with my 79 Cutlass wagon but with the slightly built 400 SBC in it economy isn't even a consideration. Then when I heard Chevy was going to do an HHR panel version I went and test drove a regular HHR. I left a bit dissapointed by it's lack of guts. Then I heard they were going to do some HHR Panel SS' with the supercharged ecotech motor so I just had to just see what it'd look like with a few tweaks...

In this one I found a photo of the silver and black HHR on the web and added Hot Wheels Sixty Eight rims, dropped the suspension, got rid of the Japanese-ish head lights, and shaved the top of the grill down. Then I slapped my logo on the side and called it good. For now I'm stuck with the wagon, but if I could squeeze a few more pennies for another project this'd be my daily driver.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/73novars/hhr-panelpost.jpg

SRD Art
08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's the original photo I used...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/73novars/hhr-panelstock.jpg

ironworks
08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I bought one of the SS models for my shop and they run pretty good, and get good mileage. I have had 2 engines inside already. You can haul quite bit of stuff inside.

Rodger

SRD Art
08-14-2008, 05:40 PM
I heard they're based on a Cobalt platform. I saw a stock Cobalt SS run 14.50's up here in the altitude (4500 ft). I'd Imagine an HHR isn't too much heavier? If it could pull 15.0's that's fairly respectable, my wagon with 2.41 factory gears and a torquey 400 has only run 15.70's at altitude. The HHR probably gets twice the mileage and is probably faster! :lol: Is yours a panel or a regular HHR?

ironworks
08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I got the wagon style, the wagon is hard enough to see out of, I cannot imagine how many more blindspots the panel has.

I got a 14.1 last time at the track. I have gotten a best of 42mpg. I was drafting like crazy to get that. But 28-30mpg at 70-75mph is pretty average. I think there is 13 second buried in in there somewhere.

Don't buy the stick shift they really suck. The Turbo auto is a pretty decent like car for tiny little crap box that they are.

ccracin
08-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I got the wagon style, the wagon is hard enough to see out of, I cannot imagine how many more blindspots the panel has.

I got a 14.1 last time at the track. I have gotten a best of 42mpg. I was drafting like crazy to get that. But 28-30mpg at 70-75mph is pretty average. I think there is 13 second buried in in there somewhere.

Don't buy the stick shift they really suck. The Turbo auto is a pretty decent like car for tiny little crap box that they are.

You're the perfect height for that car. Nice and Short! :_paranoid

SRD Art
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Dang! no kidding, 13's right around the corner! You suppose it's stable enough to pull an 8 ft enclosed trailer? Sounds like I found my future ride, just gotta fix those head lights, they're killing me! lol!

gbodyj
08-16-2008, 02:31 AM
hey ben i love the headlight mod, where you at in ut? i have a bodyshop maybe we can do some bizz with ya!

ironworks
08-16-2008, 05:46 AM
One of mybuddies is my height but longer from the waist upand I have to open the sun roof for his big melon.

I smoked a 2008 tundra tonight on the way to the drags. I pulled him by lengths from 55 to 120, I was behind him and passed him in the left lane. He said he was embarassed when we got to the track. When it down shifts 2 gears and goes to full boost it rips for stupid 4 cyl cracker box.

SRD Art
08-16-2008, 04:27 PM
hey ben i love the headlight mod, where you at in ut? i have a bodyshop maybe we can do some bizz with ya!

Eagle Mountain, west of Lehi, UT county. Where you at?

Sounds like those HHR SS's go t a lot more kick than I expected. Fun fun! :thumbsup: