PDA

View Full Version : The Shrifter is back!

XcYZ
12-15-2004, 06:44 PM
It's official, the Shrifter is now for sale! Check out www.TwistMachine.com (http://www.TwistMachine.com) for more details.

I want to congratulate Steve for the hard work he has put into this. I hope it's as huge as I expect it to be!

http://www.twistmachine.com/products/shrifterassy.jpg

camcojb
12-15-2004, 07:47 PM
It will be. It was a large part of my decision to go with an auto. Thanks Steve!

Jody

jonny51
12-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Congrats Steve, I am sure you will sell a bunch of them~

Ummgawa
12-15-2004, 09:01 PM
I wish you great success Steve ! Great Product!! Now I have to build an automatic car to use it.

Steve Chryssos
12-15-2004, 09:59 PM
In the immortal words of Steve Martin from The Jerk: "The new phone books are here!!....The new phone books are here!!....I'm somebody now!!....I'm somebody now!!

Thanks for the kind words. And thanks to Scott for putting together our website.
The banner looks great as well Scott. Thanks.

hotwheels
12-16-2004, 12:05 AM
that is pretty damn kewl i have never seen anything like that.....all my stuff is manual, but if i had an auto, i would give er a try........hotwheels

Ricochet
12-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Congrats Steve!! You'll be getting a call from me when I'm ready, no doubt. Question...All this plugs into a TCI controller, which was from what I know designed my John Meany. Will this system plug into John's new Big Stuff 3 controller which is built into his engine management system as well?

Thanks-
Brent

Steve Chryssos
12-16-2004, 06:17 AM
Question...All this plugs into a TCI controller, which was from what I know designed my John Meany. Will this system plug into John's new Big Stuff 3 controller which is built into his engine management system as well?

Brent,
I spoke to John the other day. He says that you will need to specify "Shrifter Ready" when you order your engine/trans controller. I'm working with all the controller companies to maintain plug & play compatibility through the addition of a 3 pin metri-pak connector in their wiring harnesses with the correct pin assignments.

camcojb
12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Brent,
I spoke to John the other day. He says that you will need to specify "Shrifter Ready" when you order your engine/trans controller. I'm working with all the controller companies to maintain plug & play compatibility through the addition of a 3 pin metri-pak connector in their wiring harnesses with the correct pin assignments.

Now you tell me!!!!!!! :D Mine is back being modded at the moment. Let me see if it's still there.

Jody

MaxHarvard
12-16-2004, 10:29 AM
AHHAHHAHAHA I could put one in my 2000 S10 with the 4.3 and the 4L60E

HAHAHHAHA!!! *breath* HEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAH!!!!!

Stuart Adams
12-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Steve, is that the only configuration available for the shifter paddles?

Steve Chryssos
12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
The paddles are modular so that a variety of styles can be offered. Funny thing is, we really refined this shape as a result of real world testing. So the other designs will emphasize style over function.

67Sally
12-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Good job Steve! It was great to get to meet you during SEMA. This has to be one of the most interesting things that I have seen in a long time and it is on my build options list for my project.

Ricochet
12-16-2004, 02:06 PM

Thanks for heads up Steve, I'll be sure to mention that when I order my management system.

Hopefully it's not to late for you Jody!!

Steve Chryssos
12-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks William. Just wait until you are sawing at the wheel during oversteer and upshifting at the same time. Make you wanna go Woo Hoo!!

61Bubbletop
12-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Congrats Steve-o....I really wish you the best in your new venture. I believe you have found a niche' that crosses into not only PT cars, but also streetrods, newer vehicles etc.. and that can can only be good for business...The product just plain kicks ass as well....I have done the trans cal work on the tap shift equipped comp-G GP's for a couple of years, and I can truly appreciate how much more is added to the driving experience of an automatic when you can manually select the gears.

On a sidenote, I am really glad to see a few of my friends going out and developing products for this industry, the billet taillights and related components, your shrifter, Scotts web venture, great job guys....not easy to do, and can be painful at times, but I believe without a doubt that all of you will be successful.

Ummgawa
12-16-2004, 10:14 PM
OK, so my Big Stuff 3 That just got here via UPS will not be compatable with the Shrifter? Please say it ain't so. :(

Steve Chryssos
12-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Jim,
We're breaking new ground here with the paddle shifter, so there was really no way for John Meaney to foresee the demand. Give him credit for seeing the application when he designed the T-Com controller over eight years ago. The T-Com harness has shipped for eight years with the necessary wiring and connector.And noone ever plugged anything into it ('cept me).

Please contact Bigstuff3. According to John Meaney, Manu-matic function exists in their engine/trans controller. All that is needed is the wiring to get the signal in and out. In the end you can say that you had one of the world's first paddle shifted hot rods.

Jeff,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I P-M'd you a coupla days ago over on P-T. You get it?

61Bubbletop
12-17-2004, 08:25 PM
I didn't realize I had one, I will check it out and get back to you buddy!.....

Ummgawa
12-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Steve

It's cool, I spoke to Jody and he said the same thing . I'll sent my Big Stuff 3 back to Mr. Meaney and he can reconfigure my Stuff. In a million years I'd have never figured I'd consider running an automatic in a Butt kickin car. Next thing you know, I'll be redecorating the house and drinkin' Mineral water.

On Purpose. :D

Novacane
12-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Steve,

Not too far off of schedule! Great job! How do I get one in my hands now????

You can ship it to Navin R Johnson!!!

Let me know what other info you need to get one expidited!

Thanks

Howard

Steve Chryssos
12-18-2004, 06:35 AM
Howard,
I'll give you a call on Monday.

Novacane
12-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Howard,
I'll give you a call on Monday.

Ok! Look forward in talking with you again!

HT