PDA

View Full Version : fuel system help

PSV
08-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I am looking for suggestions on a fuel system for a carb application that will support 700 hp BBC. The only component I have thus far is the narrowed dse ( rockvalley tank ). I was looking at a complete aeromotive A1000 kit. Any experience with these? Are they reliable, relatively quite? Car is a 69 camaro that will see occasional drag strips passes and I will try some SCCA stuff for fun. My tank did not come with a provison for a return line but I called up rockvalley and they sent me a bung to have welded on. What is the best location for the return if its needed . It came with about 12 inches of tube welded to the -8 bung. Thanks for looking.

pushrod243
08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
PSV

I would look at other threads here about cars vapor locking on the Power tour with Aeromotive A1000 pumps. Granted our cars ar injected cars but I think the problem was caused by returning the fuel after it is heated by the motor and the pump. The A1000 moves so much fuel so fast that the fuel does not have time to cool before it gets back to the fuel rail. I fixed my car by using a Bosch pump as suggested by Charley. It is the same pump Kurt used to rectify the problem on Charley's Mule. He uses two bosch pumps with the second on a hobbs switch when the car sees boost which I plan to do in the future. For now my turbo setup is not on the car yet so I am running just one Bosch pump and the stock Ramjet regulator. It cured my problems.

On a carb setup I would also look into a barry grant style pump the have a return but its built into the pump and can return back by the fuel tank instead of running to the regulator and then back to the tank.

John

PSV
08-17-2005, 10:38 PM
John
Thank you for the information, What do you think of the BG400 or BG280?
Paul