PDA

View Full Version : ls1 wiring harness question

blazen
08-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I’m currently putting a ls1 in my 72 chevelle. I was look around for wiring harness, and a reprogrammable computer that I can hook up to my laptop, I saw the Accel DFI kit, but I really don’t feel like spending $2,600 for it. does any own this kit or know someone with it. I would like to hear some commits or other types of wiring kit out there before I buy one. And for those that have a ls1 powered vehicle, what wiring harness did you use stock or aftermarket. Thanks for your time, Alex

LS1NOVA
08-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I am modifying my stock harness. If your looking for plug and play, TPIS has a very nice harness, and just lowered thier price to around $475. It looks very sanitary(compared to the Painless one).

Mecom Racer
08-14-2005, 09:17 PM
You definately need to speak to John at www.speartech.com

blazen
08-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Thanks i just send a e-mail to SPEARTECH with my needs. :thumbsup:

Mecom Racer
08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks i just send a e-mail to SPEARTECH with my needs. :thumbsup:

They did an excellent job modifying my harness to meet my specific needs and the pricing is very good.

Rybar
08-15-2005, 01:42 PM

I'll second that, John was great with mine.

If your motor is stock, or has some mods I would just re-use the stock harness and computer and have them modified by John at Speartech.

Steve1968LS2
08-15-2005, 01:55 PM

Another vote for John at Speartech.. he did mine :thumbsup:

Lesrace82
08-15-2005, 02:33 PM
yeah have your stock harness worked. And you can use HPTuners for tuning on your laptop.

blazen
08-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I’m still new at this but what is the difference between the stock wiring harness and the Speartech harness, just wonder, I’m still going to order the speartech because my motor didn’t come with a harness. Thanks for your commits, Alex

Lesrace82
08-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Speartech reworks stock harnesses or he builds them from scratch too I believe. He can make leads as long as you need them to be so you can mount the PCM pretty much anywahere you want. Ive heard nothing but good things about his work.

Mecom Racer
08-16-2005, 08:59 AM
I’m still new at this but what is the difference between the stock wiring harness and the Speartech harness, just wonder, I’m still going to order the speartech because my motor didn’t come with a harness. Thanks for your commits, Alex

No difference. He can provide one for you and customize it to eliminate things you won't be needing or to lengthen certain leads, whatever...

The best thing about the LS1 harnesses is that every plug on it is unique. You can't plug something together wrong!

Derek69SS
08-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Does the same advice apply for the LT1 harnesses?

Looks like $650 for either speartech or painless for a new one, or $450 for a reworked OEM harness at speartech. (cheap is good, easy to for an electronically challenged guy to figure out is better) :)

Thanks!

Mecom Racer
08-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Does the same advice apply for the LT1 harnesses?

Looks like $650 for either speartech or painless for a new one, or $450 for a reworked OEM harness at speartech. (cheap is good, easy to for an electronically challenged guy to figure out is better) :)

Thanks!

Yes, LT1 too. Go with Speartech.

Steve1968LS2
08-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Speartech... :thumbsup:

Bowtieracing
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Speartech reworks stock harnesses or he builds them from scratch too I believe. He can make leads as long as you need them to be so you can mount the PCM pretty much anywahere you want. Ive heard nothing but good things about his work.

:thumbsup: You are right! John did my harness too and exactly perfect fit!! He allso gave me really good support via emails and by phone. I can highly recomend hes stuff!!

Derek69SS
08-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys, you've just saved me $200 that I can spend on the rest of the swap :thumbsup: