PDA

View Full Version : 71 Challenger vectorlishishness

city_ofthe_south
06-06-2008, 08:22 AM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/city_ofthe_south/71challengerRT.jpg
Just a little teaser for everyone, a taste of what is to come with my new website. I'm giving it a long over due revamp. This is actually an old old drawing and if you've visited my site, you might recognize it. I reworked a ton of little things that might have looked good at this size but to me now, looked like crap. I changed a bunch of other obvious stuff too. Anyway, you know how I love Challengers. The site will be coming up in a little while, prolly a couple weeks or so. I'm reworking many of my drawings and will be posting a wallpaper gallery too.

BallnRods
06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I use to draw when I was younger & now I'm trying to get back into it.
I checked out your links & you do great work. very inspiring.

I need to learn photoshop....

~Chris

city_ofthe_south
06-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I use to draw when I was younger & now I'm trying to get back into it.
I checked out your links & you do great work. very inspiring.

I need to learn photoshop....

~Chris

It's very satisfying really. I mean, even if I were filthy rich I wouldn't be able to build enough cars to get all my ideas out ... there just wouldn't be enough time in the day. And the nice thing about Photoshop is that you can learn the parts you need to know and more or less ignore the rest until you have the time to learn or the need to learn other features.

ZVT
06-07-2008, 03:36 PM
BADASS as usual cant fault a thing on it.

I'm in need of a website revamp myself.care to do mine when you're done cus my lazy ass cant get to it;) ;) :D :lol:

city_ofthe_south
06-07-2008, 11:56 PM
BADASS as usual cant fault a thing on it.

I'm in need of a website revamp myself.care to do mine when you're done cus my lazy ass cant get to it;) ;) :D :lol:

haha, it gets old for me too. I'm building it this time so that I never have to touch the frickin thing again ... yeah right. :rolleyes:

mlomaka
06-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Looks good. I thought I recognized it from from somewhere. I also have to get a website going. I have someone I am going to be working with on that. I totally know what you mean about having too many ideas. That was one reason I build models. That is starting to be too time consuming also.

city_ofthe_south
06-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Looks good. I thought I recognized it from from somewhere. I also have to get a website going. I have someone I am going to be working with on that. I totally know what you mean about having too many ideas. That was one reason I build models. That is starting to be too time consuming also.

Just about as soon as I got into models I started realizing the same thing. Which sucks because it's very hands on and I love that part. I just learned the tricks that you guys have been using and can finally make them look at least cool on the shelf and now they are still sitting like they always have. oh well. Not enough time in a life I guess.

city_ofthe_south
06-09-2008, 08:57 AM
this might not be appropriate but I'm not starting a new thread for it at least .... I scored a daily deviation on deviantart.com and that kicks ass! ok i'm done.

DVierstra
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Just about as soon as I got into models I started realizing the same thing. Which sucks because it's very hands on and I love that part. I just learned the tricks that you guys have been using and can finally make them look at least cool on the shelf and now they are still sitting like they always have. oh well. Not enough time in a life I guess.

Looking cool O'Dell! I don't even have an official website...I am looking into quotes right now.

city_ofthe_south
06-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Looking cool O'Dell! I don't even have an official website...I am looking into quotes right now.

I honestly have no idea how much it should cost to build a site. I only know basic stuff and it takes forever ... well sorta. I dunno. It's not especially difficult though.

DVierstra
06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I honestly have no idea how much it should cost to build a site. I only know basic stuff and it takes forever ... well sorta. I dunno. It's not especially difficult though.

True. A simpler site is much easier. I have done that. I guess I could not have all the "Fluf" and stick to basics.

city_ofthe_south
06-11-2008, 08:50 AM
True. A simpler site is much easier. I have done that. I guess I could not have all the "Fluf" and stick to basics.

How'd ya like that response? sorta .. i dunno .... i dunno wtf I'm talking about is what I shoulda said. I've been spending WAY too much time online responding to forums and whatever else.
I mean, it might be fluff but even I have to admit that it's cool. But it's an artist gallery so it should look artistic ...? I think I might be rambling again. I guess I'm saying the fluff doesn't make it "look" good necessarily, and the second you make it complicated and find out you don't have the time to keep it up is when you wish you had kept it simple .... then again if you're hiring someone it doesn't matter.

DVierstra
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
How'd ya like that response? sorta .. i dunno .... i dunno wtf I'm talking about is what I shoulda said. I've been spending WAY too much time online responding to forums and whatever else.
I mean, it might be fluff but even I have to admit that it's cool. But it's an artist gallery so it should look artistic ...? I think I might be rambling again. I guess I'm saying the fluff doesn't make it "look" good necessarily, and the second you make it complicated and find out you don't have the time to keep it up is when you wish you had kept it simple .... then again if you're hiring someone it doesn't matter.

Makes sense. I hear ya about the forums! I guess, follow the old saying...
"keep It Simple Stupid" Comes to me. I would rather keep it simpe because of all the constant changes it would need!

Thanks for the reply.

SRD Art
06-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Nice work dude! Illustrator has many faces and I really dig your style. Very crisp and clean with fantastic shading techniques. Looking forward to the website being done. :thumbsup:

city_ofthe_south
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Nice work dude! Illustrator has many faces and I really dig your style. Very crisp and clean with fantastic shading techniques. Looking forward to the website being done. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's true about Illustrator having many faces ... there are almost categories of styles. I just cross my fingers and hope mine stand out.

SRD Art
06-19-2008, 02:30 PM
That they do, nice stuff.

asaenz
06-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I love the angle and color scheme, nice job :thumbsup:

city_ofthe_south
06-25-2008, 06:13 PM
I love the angle and color scheme, nice job :thumbsup:

thanks thanks. I'm really hung up on black and blue ... i'm seriously considering painting my real car that color combo. I dunno what it is about it.