PDA

View Full Version : 68-72 nova intercooler size??

LS1NOVA
08-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Anyone know whats the biggest or most efficient air to air intercooler for a Nova? It has to fit in front of the radiator. I noticed Nelson sells one with thier kit, does anyone know what size it is. Thanks

pushrod243
08-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Interesting topic I have been trying to figure out what I can use for my 69 Nova. I was thinking of contacting Ron Davis since they made one on another post here for a Camaro and our cars are kinda similiar. I think Scott and Jody both have Ron Davis intercoolers in thier Camaros. I also have a friend who has contacted Bell intercoolers for his car but he hasnt decided what he is going to do yet. He said the guy at Bell was nice but tried to talk him into a water to air intercooler. I dont think I like that idea for my car. But if you find anything else let me know.

LS1NOVA
08-14-2005, 08:50 PM
I am definately going to stay with a air to air, due to this being a street car. I am mocking up the bumper and grille this week to take some measurements. Looks like I will have to cut some of the radiator support away to allow the intercooler to sit more toward the engine, although that room is limited also with a big single.