PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got info on?

Mike Hall
08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Shay Cambpell's 69 camaro IRS that he has in his pictures? Also how did he mount the vette front on the stock subframe? It looks like he put a full frame under the car or maybe thats just another project. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Mike

XcYZ
08-08-2005, 07:49 AM
He went away from the IRS because of the incredible power that ProCharger 502 was making. Shay stops by here from time to time, maybe he'll notice this post and give some insight.

Mike Hall
08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm planning on a twin turbo LS1 setup at about 700 rwhp. Do you think that would be to much for the IRS? I already need to upgrade to a 12 bolt which is not cheap so I figured I would rather spend a little more on a IRS setup and have more cool factor to it.

Mike

camcojb
08-08-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm planning on a twin turbo LS1 setup at about 700 rwhp. Do you think that would be to much for the IRS? I already need to upgrade to a 12 bolt which is not cheap so I figured I would rather spend a little more on a IRS setup and have more cool factor to it.

Mike

That would not be my choice for a rear end at that power level. If you run street tires only and never hook it'd probably be okay, but otherwise.......:eek:

Jody

Mike Hall
08-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Good point Jody. I know it would be hard not to take this thing to the track with some slicks every now and then.

I guess I will just go with the DSE 4 link. I do have a 9" rear end from an early bronco that could be modified to work.

Mike

camcojb
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Good point Jody. I know it would be hard not to take this thing to the track with some slicks every now and then.

I guess I will just go with the DSE 4 link. I do have a 9" rear end from an early bronco that could be modified to work.

Mike

Remember, Marquez Design has those kits for $1360.

Jody

Mike Hall
08-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I do remember. Maybe you can throw in a set of wide tubs with the 4 link. LOL J/K I just dont see how those tubs cost so much but then again everything on these cars cost lots.

Mike