PDA

View Full Version : Viewing threads

JamesJ
05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
is there a setting that to when you click on a thread it takes you to the last post that you read? Does that make sense? I use to read a forum that had this and it was a really neat feature.

malibu795
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
is there a setting that to when you click on a thread it takes you to the last post that you read? Does that make sense? I use to read a forum that had this and it was a really neat feature.

kinda like a my reply/my thread button..

im sure jody know what it is... he is on two other fourms that have it :thumbsup:

camcojb
05-05-2008, 06:20 PM
it does that now if you click off the main page directly onto the thread you want. That's fine, but if your thread is not the one listed on the main page (it only lists the most recent thread/comment) then it doesn't work.

I'll check with Scott on this.

Jody

JamesJ
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Any news? I think its a neat thing but maybe its not that big of a deal.

camcojb
05-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Any news? I think its a neat thing but maybe its not that big of a deal.

Scott is off having a family weekend, but I sent him a reminder. He's been absolutely swamped lately, so he's not ignoring you, just real busy.

Jody

jimhamptons
05-17-2008, 09:05 PM
If you click the blue triangle next to the thread title that will take you to the first unread post.

NEVER ENOUGH
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Not sure if this helps, but it might.

Set it up so the "most recent post" show up in each thread. Here is how.

Click:
"User CP"
"Edit Options"
In the Thread Display options section:
"Linear - Newest First"

JamesJ
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Scott is off having a family weekend, but I sent him a reminder. He's been absolutely swamped lately, so he's not ignoring you, just real busy.

Jody

I am in no rush, I am happy that this board is as great as it is.

JamesJ
05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
If you click the blue triangle next to the thread title that will take you to the first unread post.

That seems to always take me to the last post on the thread.

jimhamptons
05-20-2008, 08:52 AM
That seems to always take me to the last post on the thread.

Hmmm...works ok for me, maybe it is something in your user cp settings??

ETA: to clarify, the blue triangle to the LEFT of the thread title.

JamesJ
05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
:cheers: That works, I was clicking the blue triangle next to the posters name. Thanks Jim

jimhamptons
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
booyah!! :D