PDA

View Full Version : Shop in Oakland

Spiffav8
04-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm stuck in Oakland for a few weeks and have a lot of time on my hands. Wondering if anyone has a shop in the area that I could visit. Figure I might as well get out and see what's being worked on in the area while I'm here.

If you have one or know of one let me know. :thumbsup:

ironworks
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Not pro-touring but Steve Moal's shop is awesome. www.moal.com

Roy Brizo's is pretty cool also. Both of these guys are BIG time.

We are about 3 -4 hours down the road. I have some customers up your way.

Rodger

CRCRFT78
04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Goodies in San Jose. West Coast Muffler in Concord. Not really a shop but the guy there is really knowledgable and there are no less than 5-10 musclecars out front everyday.

Spiffav8
04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be looking to stop in and see what's going on at those places. :thumbsup:

eville
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Where you stuck in Oakland? I'm in San Leandro about 10 minutes from the airport. My office is just east of downtown Oak...
I might be working on the ol' hot rod saturday....

Spiffav8
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Where you stuck in Oakland? I'm in San Leandro about 10 minutes from the airport. My office is just east of downtown Oak...
I might be working on the ol' hot rod saturday....

I'm at the Courtyard Marriott on Hegenberger.

Let me know.

eville
04-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I was right by there today. I'll PM you my cell number.

CRCRFT78
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Also the Sun Valley Mall in Concord has a little get together every friday starting around 4-5pm at the Baja Fresh. All types, makes & models of cars. Usually 20-40 cars at a time depending on the weather. Some bikes occasionally.

class67
04-24-2008, 10:39 PM
You can drive up and see Pascual in West Sac.

Spiffav8
04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm going to have to start renting a car on weekends. There is a lot to see and do in our click out here.

Might head over to the eville house hold and wrench a little on Saturday. :lateral:

mazspeed
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
CAR has a ton of stuff right now. You should take a trip to Campbell. My car is there as well. Get out of Oakland!

Spiffav8
04-25-2008, 12:21 AM
CAR has a ton of stuff right now. You should take a trip to Campbell. My car is there as well. Get out of Oakland!

ZBUGGER is going to send you a PM. If it's cool with you we'll come by for a look. :thumbsup:

mazspeed
04-25-2008, 01:00 AM
ZBUGGER is going to send you a PM. If it's cool with you we'll come by for a look. :thumbsup:

The guys at the shop would be cool with it, KPtouring is on the site, his name is Kevin and he's the shop manager. Great guy. Only problem is, Allen was saying that you guys will be here over the weekend, I think CAR might be closed on all weekends but maybe a few. I'm hoping Kevin will chime in. If you're here tomorrow I can meet up, and or on Monday?

Spiffav8
04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
The guys at the shop would be cool with it, KPtouring is on the site, his name is Kevin and he's the shop manager. Great guy. Only problem is, Allen was saying that you guys will be here over the weekend, I think CAR might be closed on all weekends but maybe a few. I'm hoping Kevin will chime in. If you're here tomorrow I can meet up, and or on Monday?

I'm here through May 2nd and will be back on the 18th for another two weeks. I'm busy Sunday, but free Monday. Next weekend is pretty much full up with an Oakland, Maui, Vegas, Oakland charter.

Let's play it by ear. Well make it happen. :thumbsup:

mazspeed
04-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Monday is perfect after 2:00pm. Does that work for you guys?

Spiffav8
04-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Monday is perfect after 2:00pm. Does that work for you guys?

It does for me. I'll check with Allen and let you know.

awr68
04-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh good you hooked up with Allen, he knows the area well and is a great guy to hang with!!

mazspeed
04-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh good you hooked up with Allen, he knows the area well and is a great guy to hang with!!

Well he knows the area. :P

kp.touring
04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
You guys are more than welcome to come by Monday. As Mike has said we do have a shop full with many diverse projects at different stages.
Kevin

Spiffav8
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
You guys are more than welcome to come by Monday. As Mike has said we do have a shop full with many diverse projects at different stages.
Kevin

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing it all.

Hard to believe I'm at work when I get out to do this kind of thing. :D

clill
04-25-2008, 10:45 PM
I was going to invite you to stop by here but you might bring Zbugger.

Spiffav8
04-25-2008, 10:52 PM

He'll behave. :lol:

zbugger
04-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry. I don't want my stench to linger at your place again. It took how long to get that stench outta there the last time?

class67
04-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Damn Allen...your gettin beat up here, lol.

zbugger
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
It's nothing new..... I think it's jealousy.

Spiffav8
04-25-2008, 11:54 PM
It's nothing new..... I think it's jealousy.

:rofl: Nice!

zbugger
04-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Curtis, it was good hanging out with you today. I'd apologize for Mike being such a jackass, but that's just how he is. I guess we'll just have to bring him beer next time. Hope you had a good time otherwise.

mazspeed
04-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Curtis, it was good hanging out with you today. I'd apologize for Mike being such a jackass, but that's just how he is. I guess we'll just have to bring him beer next time. Hope you had a good time otherwise.

You're not mad because your grandma locked you out of the house are you? :lol:
It was great seeing you guys today. Hope you had a fun time at CAR.

Spiffav8
04-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Allen, Mike...Thanks for a great day. By far this has been the best trip I've had to Oakland so far. CAR is an awesome shop and they have some seriously cool cars there. Goodies was also a very cool tour. Looking forward to coming back at the end of the month and seeing you guys again. Eville is on the list for a visit and I hope to meet others as well.

Mike the car is a 10 all the way around. :thumbsup: The pictures I've seen to date just don't do it justice.

Thanks again! :cheers:

Vince@Meanstreets
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Allen, Mike...Thanks for a great day. By far this has been the best trip I've had to Oakland so far. CAR is an awesome shop and they have some seriously cool cars there. Goodies was also a very cool tour. Looking forward to coming back at the end of the month and seeing you guys again. Eville is on the list for a visit and I hope to meet others as well.

Mike the car is a 10 all the way around. :thumbsup: The pictures I've seen to date just don't do it justice.

Glad you had a good time, Allen is a good host but I hope he didn't pull the pop corn trick on you.
Any chance you can stuff me in a snack cart for a one way trip to Kona? :hail:

mazspeed
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM

It was great meeting you as well. Thanks for the complements on the car. That means a lot coming from you. I'm glad you had a good time today, even though you were with Allen. Next time Ill take you to my pub for a few drinks. I'm glad you got to take a look at the cars at CAR. They do have killer stuff and the guys there are cool to hang out with.

zbugger
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
See Curtis? I told you it was penis envy.

Spiffav8
04-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Any chance you can stuff me in a snack cart for a one way trip to Kona? :hail:

Sure. All you have to do is shave your legs, pull on a dress and stuff those feet into a pair of pumps and learn to say "Coffee, Tea or Me". :lol:

Spiffav8
04-26-2008, 09:53 PM

You just couldn't resist could you. :rofl:

mazspeed
04-26-2008, 09:57 PM

I don't see the envy one might have of you playing with someone else's penis all the time? :D

kp.touring
04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Curtis,
Sorry I missed you today. I do want to invite you (and anyone else) to join us at the Goodguys show in Pleasanton May 31st. We do a little picnic deal for the shop, customers and friends. It is alot of fun with ton of cool cars, and it will be debut of the orange 68 Camaro that you most likely saw today.

Kevin

Oh yea Mike should be there to.

mazspeed
04-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Curtis,
Sorry I missed you today. I do want to invite you (and anyone else) to join us at the Goodguys show in Pleasanton May 31st. We do a little picnic deal for the shop, customers and friends. It is alot of fun with ton of cool cars, and it will be debut of the orange 68 Camaro that you most likely saw today.

Kevin

You know me Kevin, anytime there is free food and beer, I'm there. As long as fatso Broscoe doesn't eat all the food.

Spiffav8
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Curtis,

Kevin

I should be here then so count me in! I'm sure I can talk Allen and/of Mike to dragging me out there with them.

Yeah...that 68 is super clean! Love the stripe and attention to detail. It was on the rack so I only got to see the underside, but that's cool because you normally don't get to appreciate that work. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it and to the picnic! :thumbsup:

Vince@Meanstreets
04-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Sure. All you have to do is shave your legs, pull on a dress and stuff those feet into a pair of pumps and learn to say "Coffee, Tea or Me". :lol:

ok....what did Allen tell you?? LOL :_paranoid

class67
04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Curtis,

Kevin

Sorry to interrupt, but do you mind if I poke my head in at the Pleasanton show?

kp.touring
04-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Please do!!!

Kevin