PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

Mean 69
07-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I see many of you from other forums, thought I'd join the fun. Some very nice cars in here. I'll be adding my shop test mule (Lateral 1) to the mix here in a short while, as well as the newest project, Lateral II, which is a maximum effort 70 Camaro that will be used as a product development tool for my new business, Lateral Dynamics. Many of you know that this new venture is aimed at developing and marketing "premium" road race inspired suspension systems and performance products, if you have ideas on things you are interested in please feel free to contact me.

Cheers!
Mark

XcYZ
07-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Welcome, Mark! I have to know more about your max effort 70 as well as the rest of the items you listed. Sounds very interesting. :yes:

camcojb
07-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Me too! I've had four second gen cars, and am looking at doing a fifth.

Jody

907rs
07-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the board, Mark. It'd be intersting to check out your 2nd gen project and your parts.

RFR Matt told me you guys were working on some trick stuff.

zbugger
07-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Welcome Mark!!! Your wheels... Err... Car should fit in just fine here from what I saw of it at the track. I'd also be happy to give you any second gen help you need. And of course I'd love to see what parts you come up with.

Mean 69
07-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow! Thanks for the interest, guys. A lot of ths stuff we are doing for the Second Gen's will morph right over to the first gens and multiple other platforms as well, including Fords, and Mopars.

Lateral II should be a really interesting car, the concepts are still being fleshed out, but some of the initial product work is well underway. We were able to come up with a really nice front suspension geometry that will allow the use of VERY large front tires, while still allowing really super kinematics (roll center is dead solid in bump/roll, has really nice bump steer, etc). Now that this is complete, Matt is starting to do some really cool ideas for a frame and other ideas, I am super pleased with how creative he is and the quality of his work/ideas. For the rear suspension, the setup will be largely derived from the 69 test mule, three link, Watt's linkage, but the 70 will have triple adjustable Penske's in place of the D/A's on Lateral 1. We have already obtained hard parts for the differential, and have ruled out one potential supplier due to some quality issues. Luckily, we are starting to work with Strange Engineering, and their parts look WAY nicer than the other guys, while being 4 pounds lighter!!! Anyway, the front sub, and rear suspension systems will be offered for sale, most likely by SEMA this year (we will most likley have a booth and will display the setups). We wanted to bring this car to the show, but there is just no way it will be ready in time.

Right now, the car is getting quarter panels installed, and will be back in my shop Tuesday. We left the old subframe, motor and rear suspension on the car during the quarter panel work, in order to insure the body will line up right (I was surprised how much the body moves, we cut the rear panel out of the car as well as the trunk, both are replaced, made it easier to do the mini-tub job). Next step is to put a roll cage in it, which will be done at my place, and then the sub, rear suspension, etc will come off and the car will go on the rotisserie.

Right now, powertrain is not set, but I am leaning towards a reliable alloy rat motor. The overall theme of the car will have a definite road race attitude, and will be all business in terms of track performance. Everything on the car will be designed for road course function, but it will still be a street car (I might even put A/C in it!). The whole project has us all extremely excited, I think it will be a really special car when complete.

And yes, Allen, it'll have nice wheels too. Kinesis, of course, but they will probably be black (most likely car color choice) instead of the polished ones....

No question we will have a ton of questions, so I look forward to collaborating with all of you guys.

Mark

hotwheels
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM
welcome mark.........great to have you goin lateral :thumbsup:

67Sally
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Welcome Mark. We look forward to all of your suspension smarts and such.
W.

Blue70
07-30-2005, 08:22 AM
I can't wait to see this project.
I hope you post photos with updates.
I am slowly pecking away at my 70 Camaro and would love to see what you come up with! :thumbsup:

curtito1
11-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey Mark. What can you do for my beemer?

Mean 69
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Well now, I think (know) we can do a lot. First, empty out all of the crap out of the trunk that you carry around from site to site. You know, laser parts, books, electrical gadgets, stuff like that. Next, leave your car, and your checkbook at my shop, with several checks signed, but the payee and amount left blank. Then, I'd encourage you to start exercising like the NASA pilots, to help deal with the new-found G-forces that you will be subject to, especially the neck area. After your first ride, prepare to buy drinks (lots of them) for the guys who built the car. I like beer, and margaritias, but, you already knew that!
M

Call me man'ana