PDA

View Full Version : 3d rendering question

Mover
04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I have a question for you guys who do the 3d rendering. Can someone point me in the right direction on the type of software use to do this type of modeling?

ZVT
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
TRy 3d studio max,rhino,cimena,softimage I have tried rhino ,cinema and 3dmax

I prefer 3dsmax

There are plenty others out there look at pricing anywhere from $200-$10000

btw hope you have boatloads of patience the learning curve is steep!!!!

Mover
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
TRy 3d studio max,rhino,cimena,softimage I have tried rhino ,cinema and 3dmax

I prefer 3dsmax

There are plenty others out there look at pricing anywhere from $200-$10000

btw hope you have boatloads of patience the learning curve is steep!!!!

Hey, thanks for the info! So how does this software you listed compare to Solid edge?

CarterHickmanDesigns
04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I use a program called MODO to do my stuff. I have used a lot of 3d packages and this one just feels right to me. Put it is like a pencil, there are a lot out there so check them out and see what fits. Most of the stuff will import SolidEdge/CAD type files.

Check out my site to see what can be done with MODO and some practice.

Carter

Mover
04-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I use a program called MODO to do my stuff. I have used a lot of 3d packages and this one just feels right to me. Put it is like a pencil, there are a lot out there so check them out and see what fits. Most of the stuff will import SolidEdge/CAD type files.

Check out my site to see what can be done with MODO and some practice.

Carter

Thanks for the info Carter! I think I’m going to download the trial version to see what it’s like. Can you give me any pointers on doing a car? What are the first steps I’ll need to take?

Craig

robyrd
04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I have used solid edge (this is what we learned on in school) and solid works. solid works is much more powerful and has some awesome features. It is expensive software, but the more in depth you go with it the more you will be glad you have it i think. the main advantage to it as i understand, is in on all the add-ons and tool box and such. it can do finite element analysis and all kinds of crazy stuff. it's some really cool software.

sik68
06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Please also look into the free software Blender. www.blender.org The "Blender Basics" video tutorials at www.blenderunderground.com will get you up to speed very quickly. I'm in my second month with the software and it is quite powerful both as a modeler, renderer, and animator. Use wikipedia if you want to find out why it's free.

Steven