PDA

View Full Version : Tires.... pros & cons

race-rodz
07-27-2005, 12:13 AM
what is everybody running for tires, what kinda driving, what do you like/dislike about brand, model, etc

lets hear it.

sinned
07-27-2005, 07:32 AM
Yoko AVS ES100. Not bad around town....suck on the track. Only good for about 2-3 laps at full power before they get real loose. Look great and are fairly inexpensive though for a W rated tire.

jannes_z-28
07-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I have Kumho, they are good on street but not the best in hard driving. But for the money they are very good. Even in hard cornering I haven't yet got loose. The rearend can sometimes show tendencies to minimal oversteer but not at any surprise or uncontrolable.

They sqeek a lot when cornering hard. See my videos on my homepage.

Jan

CAMAROBOY69
07-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Nitto 555R extremes. I absolutely love them. NO complaints at all. I have driven on raceways with incredible performance, 2004 power tour in the rain for 2 days and I drive the car on occasion to work. Again...I love them! No complaints at all. :thumbsup:
I also have some videos against C5 corvettes and I did quite well.

race-rodz
07-27-2005, 09:08 PM
i was really hoping somebody out there was running bfg g-force kd's. they seem to work great so far... but then its just sitting there in the corner of the shop... has been rolled a grand total of 6 feet since they were put on.

i also know they arent gonna last long... so i was trying to get an idea of what the next set of tires will be.

thanks for the replys and keep em coming.