PDA

View Full Version : 72 Camaro rendering

CarterHickmanDesigns
03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Here is the latest one out of our digital shop. Tommy Parker came to me with a good idea of what he wanted to see and this is the results of his ideas.

Carter

http://www.carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/parker_front1.jpg

http://www.carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/parker_rear1.jpg

Hdesign
03-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Very cool non-mainstream color combo. Nice color break too! Killer job Carter!:thumbsup:

wiedemab
03-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Sweet! I like the factory-ish paint scheme.

Alex396ss
03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Really cool!

Alex

XcYZ
03-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Kick ass rendering. :cheers:

HRBS
03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
The rear is killer !
Nice flat black treatment, great tail lights and awesome valance with reverse lights ! :thumbsup:

mlomaka
03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Wow, thats really cool! I like way you combined the stripe on the hood around the window. Nice color combo.:thumbsup:

Garage Dog 65
03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Love it Carter !

Rendering heck ?? Looks real to me !

Spiffav8
03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
As always....GOOD WORK buddy! :thumbsup:

Aj was over here yesterday and those wheels are almost exactly what we are looking at for his 70. 2nd gens just look killer with all that meat under the rear end.

7TSS
03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Another great job. I like the reverse/tail light treatment. :thumbsup: :hail:

NOVA
03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
nice work!

Cread01
03-26-2008, 03:13 PM
the tail lights and the flush mount door handles are cool. I really like the 2 tone. kinda looks a little like stock but not.

The car looks awesome and so does the rendering.

Very cool.

tgvettes
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
That is absolutly awesome. Hope we get to see that car built soon.

Tonny

ProdigyCustoms
04-02-2008, 10:24 PM
The rendering looks fantastic (as usual Carter). The car is going to be a hero also. Tommy already has one really nice second gen, and he has bought a lot of killer stuff from us that tells me this one is going to be some kind of badd ass. Cannot wait to see this one done.

96z28ss
04-03-2008, 11:28 AM
This digital rendering by far blows away the renderings by Kris.
In my opinion.
That thing almost looks real.

70TWO NOVA
04-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Carter I love your style! That thing is SICK!!

street3285
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
looks good.... I like the how the 2-tone splits.

Rybar
04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
These renderings are pretty amazing. Great work and I love the car. :thumbsup:

tones2SS
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Love it Carter !

Rendering heck ?? Looks real to me !

I was thinking the same exact thing.
GREAT JOB!!!:thumbsup:

Ummgawa
08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Here is the latest one out of our digital shop. Tommy Parker came to me with a good idea of what he wanted to see and this is the results of his ideas.

Carter

http://www.carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/parker_front1.jpg

http://www.carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/parker_rear1.jpg

I have to say this is bad to the bone. Wonder why, with all the dough GM has, don't they have a division that just makes it's most popular models, reguardless of their age.

WILWAXU
08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Great work guys!

Digital age has brought a whole new dimension to renderings!

ParkerRS
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the comments and compliments guys. This is my first post here so hello to everyone who doesn't already know me from PT.com or musclerides. Let me just say that Carter is absolutely excellent to work with and very fair with his pricing in my opinion.
The car is in the works as I speak and when I have a fair amount of progress I will post it in the projects section. I work by myself on the car and do as much as possible myself which makes for slow progress. Also most of the past couple of months has been spent gathering parts and getting up the cash for more.
So far the car is broken down to the shell, and mounted on the rottiserie. I have done the neccessary floor patches along with a pair of DSE mini-tubs. The rear suspension is a Lateral-Dynamics 3-link, and the installation has already been completed by myself. Only the floor pans have been media blasted as this has been my area of concentration so far. When the undercarriage cutting and welding is through I will blast and prime the entire shell and be ready to post up pics. It'll look a little rough until then so that is one reason for waiting.
The Front will be a DSE sub-frame which is already here along with the DSE sub-frame connectors which are also here. Shocks on all four corners will be AFCO M2 double adjustable coil-overs with remote reservoir which are also already on my shelf. Brakes are C6 Zo6, the front is a no brainer with the vette spindles already there, and the rear will be using a kit from Tobin at Kore3 which allows the Zo6 rears with factory parking brake on the nine inch Ford housing.
Power will be from a modified 07 LS2 which I purchased as a take out with only 80 miles (the owner swapped an LS7 into his new vert) along with a Tremec TKO 600.
Wheels are forgelines, and other details will be forthcoming. The finished product should remain nearly 100% true to the rendering.
Special thanks to Carter for the killer rendering and Frank for some killer parts deals.

Tommy :cheers:

tony byram
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Carter the artwork is fantastic! Love the Rally sport Jim Hall stripe, goes VERY well with the lines of the car, and the color choice is perfect. The rendering is so good it almost looks like a photo of a real car. I did the blacked out rear valance on my own car, a 72 Z28. Kinda sorta a what if chevy said, since 72 is the last year of a big block in a Camaro, lets go all out and build a 454 big block Z! I always wondered what it would have been like. Cant wait to see this car come to life, its gonna look great! :thumbsup: Send us some progress pics!!!

ParkerRS
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I started a new thread in the progress section finally for this build.

Tommy