PDA

View Full Version : Lateral-g/Cars by Kris Calendar

XcYZ
12-11-2004, 09:05 AM
People, lets keep this one positive. I want to start over from scratch and discuss our options. We may discover that it's not a realistic project and the turmoil was over nothing.

First off, it's mid-December already, and even if we decided to do something, we'd probably already miss January.

So how many people would be interested? How many would you order? Kris, have you talked to any printers about the cost and turn around time? I was going to do this at cost as something cool that the members of Lateral-g could enjoy, and something new that the owners of the renderings could enjoy as well. Think of it as value-added. Is there room for profit, and do the owners get some sort of kick back for profiting from their likeness?

Keep it civil, please. :)

Rick Dorion
12-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I'd be interested in 3 or 4, especially if my rendering is included!

jannes_z-28
12-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I have several calendar templates for InDesign if you want to use them for the layout let me know.

Jan

Musclerodz
12-11-2004, 09:46 AM
I would take several as well. You have permission from me for my car. I don't care for a kickback, I didn't get a rendering done to make a profit from it in the first place. If any profit should come from this it should be Lateral-G and Cars by Kris if promoted equally on the calender. I would be happy with my name being mentioned with my car.

Mike

jonny51
12-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I would be interested especailly if it supports Lateral-g and or Karsbykris.I dont mind if I miss Jan and feb. :D

camcojb
12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I'd like to know if the costs are being split equally between Kris and Lateral-G. I'm talking about the up-front money it will cost to produce these. Or is it just a profit-sharing arrangement with Lateral-G picking up all the initial costs.

Jody

Keith
12-11-2004, 01:27 PM
I'd like to know if the costs are being split equally between Kris and Lateral-G. I'm talking about the up-front money it will cost to produce these. Or is it just a profit-sharing arrangement with Lateral-G picking up all the initial costs.

Jody

My question would be exactly the same.

907rs
12-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I would also like to know if costs and profits will be shared.

Scott, I wouldn't mind one bit if you profit from the sales, and would be glad to pay a little extra to help support the site if all costs were split as well.

If I get the right answer, I'd be in for a couple!

Kris Horton
12-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I've already e-mailed Scott offering to split the cost or donate the time to make this possible. I've abandoned the idea of turning a profit from it because I would rather this be a positive thing for Scott and I instead of a bittersweet one. I'm going to do everything I can to make this happen and I'm not going to let Scott worry about all the costs.

To Scott,

Thanks for locking the last thread. I already mentioned in private that it got way out of hand and that a lot of it was my fault. Anyone that knows me, knows that it was something very out of the ordinary for me and I don't think it's ever going to happen again. Steve was right in saying it was bad PR and hopefully people will not get a false impression of me based on one bad day.

That said....let's get started! January's coming up fast!

Kris

jonny51
12-11-2004, 02:43 PM
We still love you Kris :D :D :D :D

Ummgawa
12-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Kris, you show wisdom and maturity beyond your years. Humbleness and Pride can never go hand in hand and I salute you for placing a humble attitude before pride and "profit". I hope you will continue to do well in your endeavors. Agreeing to disagree and moving on is how friendships (and marriages for that matter)stay strong when nothing else works. I say that any profits from this should go to help support the site, a financial burden Scott should not have to sholder alone.

I also hope that you have reviewed my rendering request I sent you as I would like to make the calender myself. I have at least 6 guys who want one.

XcYZ
12-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Kris and I have been talking. :) The next step will be me talking to the custom printers next week to see what kind of volume, sizes, resolution, etc, that we will need and the costs involved.

erin ray
12-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I'd like to buy a calendar especially if it helps the site.

Steve Chryssos
12-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Excellent. Wonderful.
Twist Machine, LLC would like to sponsor the calender. How'z $200.00? Please contact me for artwork and $$$.

How ironic. I have no use for such things as watches or calenders. Time is just one big blur for me. :confused:

67Sally
12-11-2004, 10:06 PM
It sounds like Scott and Kris can work out the cost/profit issues and that is how it should be; provided that who ever does the poster gets the permission of the people that paid to have the renderings created. I would allow the use to the renderings that Kris did for me to add some additional variety to the mix (my car is not a camaro) and I like the idea of having the car owner/builders names being mentioned with their cars.

Kris Horton
12-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I like the idea of having the car owner/builders names being mentioned with their cars.

That sounds about right. This site is all about the owners and their cars, not just the cars themselves. I'd expect that to carry over to the calendar.

Kris

Keith
12-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Even though mine isn't colorful I would feel lucky to have it appear in the calendar....it's should get Oct. Kinda creepy for haloween... :D

Kris Horton
12-12-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm wanting November since it's the month my birthday is in. But I think all of the months/cars will be settled once we know who will be involved and what the printing is going to run us.

Kris

jonny51
12-12-2004, 02:01 AM
I'll take august ;) :D

Rick Dorion
12-12-2004, 06:03 AM
My B-day is May :)

Musclerodz
12-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Mine is Dec. It would be neat to actaully have the known members B-days listed on the calender side. "Hey boss, my calender says today is Musclerodz birthday, are you sure it's not a holiday?" :D

Mike

camcojb
12-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Problem's going to be Jonny and I fighting over August! :D

Jody

BC69
12-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Nice to see everything coming together. shows the maturity of this site rising above the mediocre differences.
I am interested once we get prices of them. College budget and all! But I still want to support the site.

Whos gonna want September, that my bday month, so whoever gets it will be my favorite car! Hopefully a red car!

Take it easy
Tim

jonny51
12-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Problem's going to be Jonny and I fighting over August! :D

Jody

I have to go up against your car :eek:

Stuart Adams
12-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I'll go for the back cover with some of the SEMA super ho's!!

XcYZ
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Ok, here's the list of who's interested in having their car on the calendar (in no particular order):

Scott - 69 Camaro
Jody - 69 Camaro (black one)
Steve - 57 Chevy
Rick - 69 Camaro Vert
Mike - 68 Camaro
Kris - Chevelle
William - 67 Mustang
Keith - Chevelle
Stuart - 69 Camaro
Shay - 69 Camaro
?? Jim - 69 Camaro
?? Jonny - 69 Camaro
Did I miss anyone? Maybe for January Kris and I can just put our logo's for that image of the month as it will most likely be a wash.

Ummgawa
12-12-2004, 04:03 PM
IF I can get one finished, I'd like March. Kris?

1969 Camaro Vert.

Keith
12-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Cool, regardless of the price, I want 4. Kris is just finishing the poster version of one of my renderings and it looks unbelievable. As soon as Kris gives the okay, i'll post it up for you guys to see or maybe Kris will for me. The detail is amazing!!!

Ok, here's the list of who's interested in having their car on the calendar (in no particular order):

Scott - 69 Camaro
Jody - 69 Camaro (black one)
Steve - 57 Chevy
Rick - 69 Camaro Vert
Mike - 68 Camaro
Kris - Chevelle
William - 67 Mustang
Keith - Chevelle
Stuart - 69 Camaro
Did I miss anyone? Maybe for January Kris and I can just put our logo's for that image of the month as it will most likely be a wash.

Nutsy
12-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I will be in for 3 or 4 calandars once they are done. let me know.

trev

shayc5
12-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Don't forget me, I know mine and yours (Scott) looks alike but I would like to be in. :D Shay

jonny51
12-12-2004, 09:46 PM
I should have one in a few weeks.Ask Kris he knows better than I.

XcYZ
12-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Oops! Sorry Shay, I completely forgot!! I added you to the list, as well as question marks for Jim and Jonny.

Kris Horton
12-13-2004, 02:31 AM
Scott,

After taking a look at that list, all I can say is: WOW! That's a lot of Camaros! I don't have a problem with that, but what I am thinking now is perhaps doing two different calendars.

It might sound crazy, but hear me out.

We have 8 Camaros on the list right now. If I added Pete DeArmas's 69 Vert, Ralph's Fantom, Frank Serafine's Project Prodigy, and Tyler's 50/50, we could have an ALL Camaro calendar. I know that I would have plenty of cars for the other one as well. In fact, if we added Shane's Chevelle, Robyn's (1970 Cuda on PT.com) Mustang, Tom Woodard's Mustang, and a few other cars (maybe two or three Camaros,) we could have a completely different calendar with a bit more diversity.

This idea is mostly so that we can feature just about anyone that has had or is having me do renderings for an 05 calendar without leaving anyone out. I'm sure people would be interested in having one of each (correct me if I'm wrong.) This is just a thought though. The line-up for the current calendar is looking great, but I noticed with the abundance of Camaros that it WOULD be possible to do 2 versions. I know the development might cost more, so this is just an idea and understand if the cars may have to wait until next year.

I'd like to hear people's opinions on this!

Kris

Rick Dorion
12-13-2004, 06:55 AM
I am definately interested in both calendars and think that's a great idea. I'd still take 3 or 4 of each.

Musclerodz
12-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Dammit! Quit spending my money! :D I would want several of both as well. You can never have too much in this hobby. Ask the TT guys! ;)

Mike

mdprovee
12-13-2004, 10:17 AM
I would take a couple of each myself, and dont mind paying a little profit for everyone involved.

MIke

BC69
12-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I love the idea of two calendars, especially an all camaro one, I think some of us might be a little bias toward that one :p
Awesome idea Kris.

Timmy

Ummgawa
12-13-2004, 02:44 PM
2 Calenders, Hmmmm, excellent idea!! I'd take two or three of each.

XcYZ
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
I'll know more tomorrow. They are generating a few quotes based on a few different volumes. The calendar images would be 8.5x11, stapled center with a hole punch for hanging.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Kris Horton
12-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Awesome Scott.

I'm happy that the 2 calendar idea seems to be popular. I just know that there is a big following for Camaros, so I figure, the more the merrier. I'm going to work on a page layout for kicks. I'm sure there is a program to layout a calendar, but I have some ideas I'd like to try.

Kris

Keith
12-14-2004, 01:46 AM
I'll buy both! :cool:

67Sally
12-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Another thought is this. This is more about the cars than the actual calendar so what about two cars per month (full size pictures) with a tiny calendar set off in some of the dead space? ...........but two calendars is good too.

Tim Baillie
12-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Can I submit a picture of my Regal ?

lil427z
12-20-2004, 09:34 PM
scott sign me up . let me what i need to do . also i am in 2005 chevy high calender .

thanks rick kirkindall :D

907rs
12-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Scott, you know I'm in. Put me down for a couple of each.

XcYZ
12-23-2004, 08:58 AM
I got a quote last week, I'm just waiting to here from Kris. He supposed to be getting a quote too, then we will compare.

Kris Horton
12-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Still waiting to hear from him. I imagine he was swept up by the holiday madness as I know a lot of us were. I will call him on Monday and see what the deal is. It'll just be nice to have that for comparison's sake. Once we determine who is the better way to go, I think we should move along pretty quickly.

Kris

Kris Horton
12-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Spoke with Norm, the other printer today. He said that it would still be a few days before he can get the final cost as his contact is out for part of the week. He is trying to get us a great deal, so I want to give him some time. He also said his turnaround time is 4 days, which is fantastic.

Kris

68protouring454
12-28-2004, 06:18 AM
scott, kris let us know, i need a 2005 calender
jake

protouring70
01-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey I just went looking this past weekend for one. And the muscle car one I bought last year had a couple car that belong to a friend of mine. But this year, it wasn't very appealing to me. So, I need a new one for work. So let me know what you come up with.
Brent :thumbsup:

lil427z
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
brent , what kind of car do you have .

rick kirkindall :)

protouring70
01-04-2005, 07:02 AM
brent , what kind of car do you have .

rick kirkindall :)

Hey Rick, I have a '70 Chevelle. I have installed all Hotchkis Susp. w/ b-body spindles, Baer brakes frt. and rear. i just hope it turns out good.
Thanks for asking, sorry it wasn't a camaro.
Brent

ProTouringNyC
01-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Just wondering when they will be available im in for 3 thanks

1970cuda
01-11-2005, 09:28 PM
anything new?

protouring70
02-10-2005, 07:18 AM
I just wanted to check on the calander. Just let us know if it is still a go.
Also Kris how are the posters coming on your car?
Brent

:thumbsup:

protouring70
02-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey I was just looking through the "Artwork" and seen these pictures. And I thought, Now that would look awesome for the main page and the monthly picture. this is just my own opinoin.