PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber valve covers

coolclassiccars
07-17-2005, 08:35 AM
does anyone know where i can get a pair of carbon fiber valve covers for a big block chevy motor?pics of red witchs motor have them. :eek:

pushrod243
07-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I have them in stock. Carbon Components makes them. http://www.scootersperformance.com/carbonvc.htm

Pics on my car

Blown353
07-17-2005, 01:53 PM
So Dave IS still around!

Go for the CarbonComponents stuff, hands down. I've bought stuff for myself and others in the past from them, and it's top notch stuff-- they're designed and built even better than they look.

Have your wallet ready though, if I recall the BBC valve covers were around $400/pair and you have to drill and bond the oil fill cap/PCV baffle where you want it.

Troy

pushrod243
07-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Yes Dave is still around. He has been busy making parts for Chrysler. The Big Block covers have brand new molds he is making them for Mercruiser. They are going to use them on thier premier twin turbo motor. Mine dont have any cap though i'll have to find out about that. I just fill it through the pcv baffle hole. They are great pieces. I have big block and small blocks in stock, and he is sending me a center bolt small block cover.

clill
07-17-2005, 03:08 PM
What is the scoop on the Mercruiser twin turbo setup ?

pushrod243
07-17-2005, 09:26 PM
charley

I dont know a lot about it yet. Dave tells me its a new engine mercruiser is working on. I found it on mercruisers site its a 557cu in. 1075hp twin screw supercharger. Heres a picture and link http://www.mercurymarine.com/1075sci

clill
07-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Now I'm confused. Is that the supercharged engine you mentioned as a turbo engine ? Might have been a good source for big block turbo headers.

camcojb
07-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Now I'm confused. Is that the supercharged engine you mentioned as a turbo engine ? Might have been a good source for big block turbo headers.

You're always confused!:willy: I think he meant twin blowers, not twin turbos.

Jody

pushrod243
07-17-2005, 10:21 PM
ya i thought it was turbocharged but all i could find was that twin screw supercharged engine. That must be the engine Dave was talking about making the covers for though because they look like his covers in the picture.