PDA

View Full Version : Photochop wheels, Project Magina

MADDOG
02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
I recently purchased a 1985 Mercury Marquis. I want to swap a Mustang drivetrain in it and give it the sleeper look. I have some 17 x 9.5 Cobra R wheels already and want to know what they would look like. I have attached a pick of Magina and a pick of the wheels. I have also put a pic of a Capri with Centerlines thant I like. If it needs lowered too go ahead and slam it. Thanks, Maddog

Slncapri
02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey, That's my car!!
I remember a guy here in GR, Mi. had a LTD of the same year with a 5.0 in it with some "secret" work and a hidden nitrous kit. ALL stock looking, only had the phone dial wheels from the 'stang, under the hood was all stock looking also. MAN DID THAT CAR HAUL A$$!!!
I also seen in Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford mag a guy put the '88 GT nose on the same kind of car. A four door Mustang GT very unique.
Good Luck and dare to be different.

MADDOG
02-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I had your pic saved on my hard drive. That is one bad a$$ Capri. I have 5 lug wheels also, seems like everyone has 4 lug Cobra R's. I have not seen many of these Marquis, seems like everyone has a Ltd. I really like the chrome on this Mercury, feels more like a Lincoln. Still really want to see what Cobra R's will look like. Anybody have any skills?

mlomaka
02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
There are plenty of people with skills here. The way I read your post though, it appears you are looking for a freebee. It is kind of hard for people who make a living doing this kind of work to do stuff for free. I would offer a reduced price, but I am not a PS guy. Just wait a while, and someone will probably help you out using the pics you supplied. Just don't hold your breath for the big names to come out and jump on it.

mazspeed
02-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Here is the problem, 2 bad photos don't make for good photoshopping. I have decent skills, but there are people here who do this better then I, and they will tell you the same thing. You need good side shots of the car and the wheels. This is the best I can do in the time I had, with the pictures you provided. The Capri wheels where too hard since the back wheel really is not in the picture.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8663/maginacopyyi4.jpg

MADDOG
02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for your time man. I wasn't looking for anything fancy. I have seen all of the work done on some of these renderings and I am more than impressed with what these guys do. Someday I want to learn how to photoshop so I can put my ideas in my head on paper. I am so torn as to if I should finish my Mustang or be different and build up this grocery getter. I am really leaning towards the Marquis, it would be alot of work but in the end I think it would be fun to bring the whole family, 3 kids, for "joy rides". Thanks again, Maddog