PDA

View Full Version : Latest project, '69 Camaro

city_ofthe_south
02-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Just finished this one last week, I hear the car should be getting introduced sometime soon.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/city_ofthe_south/camaro_69RS.jpg

mlomaka
02-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Looks great, can't wait to see it!

JayR
02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Nice! Thanks for running our wheels!

Hdesign
02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Looks great, nice and clean and good front view pose!

city_ofthe_south
02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Nice! Thanks for running our wheels!

:) Hey I'm just happy you're looking at my art. Joel Nyzio was the client so the thanks goes to him. They're sharp wheels and look great on a Camaro for sure.

Looks great, nice and clean and good front view pose!

Same goes for you Ben. Thanks. ... hey did anyone else notice the center peice of trim on the head light covers are backward? .... wtf?

DriverzInc
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Sweet. :thumbsup:

NEVER ENOUGH
02-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Looks good. Nice work.

city_ofthe_south
02-28-2008, 09:02 AM
:cheers:

Hdesign
02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
:) ... hey did anyone else notice the center peice of trim on the head light covers are backward? .... wtf?

HA...I didn't even notice that until you mentioned. Should be an easy fix right?

XcYZ
02-28-2008, 12:15 PM
That looks awesome, I'd love to see more...

But, IMO, the surround outside the grill needs to be painted. To me, it looks unfinished because that's how they look when you take them out of the box.

city_ofthe_south
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
HA...I didn't even notice that until you mentioned. Should be an easy fix right?

should have been cake (thought I'd just flip em) but I went and looked at my AI file and it's actually an optical illusion. It only looks that way at a distance. So I dunno. I sent Joel an 11x17 and at that size it doesn't happen. It's some on screen thing I guess.

city_ofthe_south
02-29-2008, 09:41 AM
That looks awesome, I'd love to see more...

But, IMO, the surround outside the grill needs to be painted. To me, it looks unfinished because that's how they look when you take them out of the box.

I keep erasing so I guess lemme just say ... you're right. Blacked out grilles are just my thing. We sent a jillion emails back and forth about a lot of things but some things just get forgotten, which happens sometimes out of habit. I personally like black and so I have a habit of making them black. Any car you'll see me draw or design for myself or my personal car ... black grille. It just makes that wide mouth that much deeper and menacing. However, you're right because this was supposed to have a pretty strong factory appearance and that would have been more correct. But I dunno ... it had to have a little Colter in it ya know? Ultimately, he'll do whatever he likes but the effect is captured in the rendering.

asaenz
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
nice nice baby:thumbsup: