PDA

View Full Version : Grand Sport Update: It's ALIVE!

Mecom Racer
07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
It came to life on the 4th of July. The first test drive was on the 8th. Since then, we tweaked the "visual" wheel alignment some more and went over the suspension one more time. The car seems to bounce quite a bit so I think the rear shocks I'm using are completely toast. They came with the donor '92 Dana 44 rearend so I'm not surprised. I ordered a new pair of Bilstein Sport shocks ('96 Z51) and will dial up the setting on the Aldans in front. I hope that'll do the trick. I have to say, driving the car with no interior was quite a challenge! I had to hold onto the steering wheel pretty hard to stay put.

Today I drove the car over to the interior shop. The guys there were pretty amazed, to say the least. I spent an hour there with them going over all the details in what I'm looking for from them. The guy was definately up to the challenge!

I put some newer images into my album: http://photobucket.com/albums/v494/MecomRacer/My%201963%20Grand%20Sport%20Tribute/

I still have to put the newest ones in there showing the car with the hood on... very slick! :unibrow:

XcYZ
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Have I said how much I love that car? :hail:

rockdogz
07-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Totally awesome... more pics!! :)

Steve1968LS2
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
You do know that the intake plate makes that car.. right???? :D

When will it be done? And remember I called dibs on it..

On a serious note.. good job Mark, you should be proud.. I know how much work and money you put into this car and it definetly shows! :thumbsup:

Mecom Racer
07-12-2005, 06:39 PM
You do know that the intake plate makes that car.. right???? :D

When will it be done? And remember I called dibs on it..

On a serious note.. good job Mark, you should be proud.. I know how much work and money you put into this car and it definetly shows! :thumbsup:

Yes, of course it just wouldn't be the same without the plate... and I will be ready for the magazine when you are.

The interior should be done by the end of next week if all goes well. Then it needs to go back to the body shop for a couple weeks for some needed rework here and there (You know how that goes!).

Indeed... too much money for sure. More than I have so now I'm in the red on this project a bit but hopefully it'll all be worth it. Props to Andy for all his help. I really couldn't have done it without him. Now that's what friends are for!

Wick
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Very nice car. A place in Spring, TX called Midwest Corvette built one about 15 years ago. Brings back memories. I haven't seen Ted in years.

trapin
07-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Damn. I started getting dizzy around picture #72. I had to stop flipping through the Photobucket just to catch my breath.

What do you got into that thing? A half a million dollars?

Unbelievable project...you guys are doing a fantastic job. Hey...if you're going to spend a crap load of money, it might as well be on something cool.

Awesome Vette....on the contrary, I think Zora would be proud. :thumbsup:

Derek69SS
07-22-2005, 02:31 PM
When I grow up, I want to have a car just like that :yes: :unibrow:

CAMAROBOY69
07-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Awesome car!! :thumbsup:

ProdigyCustoms
07-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Your hired! Fantastic. Love everything about it.

Mecom Racer
07-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Your hired! Fantastic. Love everything about it.

Hired? Cool. Doing what? I hope the pay is better than what I'm making now because I'm upside down on this one for sure...

Thanks for the great comments everyone! It's nice to have one's work appreciated by fellow fanatics.

Camaro4Life
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
WOW, I love it. looks amazing!

I love your Camaro too. :thumbsup:
Go Chevy :)

MrAngry
07-27-2005, 10:41 AM
That car is simply stunning... awesome vision and execution. Enjoy that thing!

hotwheels
07-27-2005, 10:24 PM
that is simply amazing..........you friend, are very talented...... :hail: