PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rendering

CarterHickmanDesigns
02-07-2008, 11:47 AM
hello all, just wanted to post up another one of our realistic renderings. All 3d and some photoshop touch up. Thought this one came out pretty well. Thanks again Goodwin!

Carter

http://carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/Goodwin_Small.jpg

http://carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/Goodwin_Small_wires.jpg

Kris Horton
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Looks pretty good Carter. For your outdoor environment, did you model the bay doors or is it an image projected on a plane? Also, is the "our" an imperial "we" or are you working with someone on these? :)

CarterHickmanDesigns
02-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Kris, projection mapping is my friend! HDRI for the lighting, and photoshopped for some color correction but basically straight from the render.

Carter

Kris Horton
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Ah that's what I was thinking. It's a valuable tool...otherwise you'd be modeling until your hands bleed trying to get all the detail in there. I've modeled environments before and it's frustrating as hell trying to go from a blank grid to a populated scene and keeping it from looking artificial.

I used to tool around with HDRI too. Cool stuff and I do still use HDR images as environment maps, but tend to not light scenes with them anymore unless it's an outdoor shot.

CarterHickmanDesigns
02-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I have never done and enviroment and can only image the brain bleed that it would cause. I have a couple of studio setups, one that uses hdr and one that use traditional lighting technics. Kinda depends what mood I am in when render time comes. We need to get together sometime and talk shop?

Carter

Tom.A
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow. That looks really cool. Your work is top shelf:thumbsup:
I might be calling you soon for a refresh (color change)on the one you did for me a few months back.

CarterHickmanDesigns
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Tom, no problem. This was actually an update for Goodwin as well. He wanted to see it in the realistic view. Give me a call when you are ready

Carter

Kris Horton
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
We need to get together sometime and talk shop?

Definitely. :cool:

radrambler
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
carter

:thumbsup:

looks great !!!

radrambler

Payton King
02-08-2008, 07:57 AM
It is just outstanding!

Still have the red 69 Convert as a screen saver. When I am ready to change the wheels on my car I will give you a call. It should be pretty simple..stock looking 69 RS/SS yellow with black hockey stripes, SS hood and blacked out tail pan.

city_ofthe_south
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
good lord that's bad ass.

ZVT
02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Goodness you keep raising the bar another flawless work of art...:hail:

I was wondering if you had modeled the background myself but you answered that question.

One question though where do you get your blueprints finding muscle cars are few and far between or I'm just not looking in the right place:_paranoid

CarterHickmanDesigns
02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
we use blueprints when we can find them but most of the time I just use reference picks. Just did a 61 Olds Cutlass, try finding reference on that one! Just use lots of pics and poly modeling.

Carter

mlomaka
02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree with everyone so far. Great job. Love the background. I wopuld be interested in your answer to Z's question also.

ZVT
02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree with everyone so far. Great job. Love the background. I wopuld be interested in your answer to Z's question also.

Mike I go here for most of my blueprints they seem to have a large number of them.I just figured Carter had a better place to get blueprints aswell.

http://www.smcars.net/forums/blueprints/

another one i go to aswell

http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.php?blueprints/cars/chevrolet/

MarkM66
02-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Looks great. Is the car being built?

7TSS
02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Carter,

Thanks for the awesome rendering.

My name is Goodwin and I'm currently working on the car when time permits. I started a project thread last year and will update it very shortly.