PDA

View Full Version : So my car went and beat up a '69 Camaro...

Blown353
07-07-2005, 11:27 PM
...and took its lunch money and its front spoiler.

Yea or Nea?

http://home.comcast.net/~swedish_chef/stuff/ForumStuff/cspoiler.jpg

Troy

907rs
07-08-2005, 01:44 AM
It's kinda hard to tell from the angle of the pic Troy, but it looks like it could use a little more width and height.

Weren't you talking about doing one fabbed up out of aluminum a while back?

BC69
07-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Get us some more pics, but it seems to be a bit small in this application, just doesnt seem to be proportional. But get us some more pics and maybe itll shine some better light.

Better watch out, that 69 Camaro could come back with some friends.

Tim

Blown353
07-08-2005, 09:06 AM
It's kinda hard to tell from the angle of the pic Troy, but it looks like it could use a little more width and height.

Weren't you talking about doing one fabbed up out of aluminum a while back?

I agree it could use more width and height to be more effective. But this one was a freebie, so I decided what the heck and made some brackets. I don't have any pressure transducers to stick under the hood or other methods to measure front end lift, but it does seem to have helped a little bit. It's also very effective at stopping bugs from comitting suicide all over my crank pulley, sway bar, steering box end cap, and A-arms. Makes for much easier clean up after a drive out on country roads near dark, just wipe 'em off the spoiler. :P

One advantage to the Camaro piece is that if I ever subject it to a curb bashing in the future (hope not!) it's only $18 and very little work to replace (needs minor trimming in the center.) If I were to tag a hand-made aluminum spoiler against a curb, I'd be really ticked!

I'm still planning on bending up an aluminum spoiler in the same basic shape as this Camaro piece, only going about a foot wider and maybe 3-4" lower. This one works for now.

Troy

69boo307
07-14-2005, 08:12 AM
I want a front air splitter for my car, I thought about using this one:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/part.asp?pid=BA501&c=0&e=0&cat=2&hid=220AB58139

It's for a 70 Buick GSX, and should be a direct bolt on for a chevelle and fit very well. The GSX was VERY similar to the chevelle and used the same frame, so it should have the same mounting points.

MrAngry
07-14-2005, 10:23 AM
I actually have one on my 68' Charger and it really worked out perfectly... fits perfectly between the marker lights and really smooths out the front of the car. I think for this to work the stance of the car really has to be dead on.

MrAngry

69rs
07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Those Chevelles are bullies! Actually the Camaro probably offered the spoiler as a bribe so the Chevelle would quit crying about not being as pretty as a Camaro! :unibrow:
Can you adjust it so it's not quite as flat? Other than that it looks good.

XcYZ
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Mr. Angry, that's a beautiful Charger.

USAZR1
07-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Troy,check out the spoiler on my car's rendition done by Brian Cichocki. Just click on the link in my sig. However,my car is so low that I worry more about hitting my front bumper. :D :D

MrAngry
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry to off topic here but, USAZR1 - what wheels are those - the look PERFECT on your truck.

Blown353
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
I want a front air splitter for my car, I thought about using this one:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/part.asp?pid=BA501&c=0&e=0&cat=2&hid=220AB58139

It's for a 70 Buick GSX, and should be a direct bolt on for a chevelle and fit very well. The GSX was VERY similar to the chevelle and used the same frame, so it should have the same mounting points.

I should have thought about that, I totally forgot about the Buick piece. I wonder if the mounting points are the same. Even if they're not, shouldn't be too hard to modify or make it fit. I can't find any *good* nose pics of a '70 GSX right now to study.

It's 7X the price of a repro Camaro spoiler (Buick premium?) but would probably be more effective.

I'll try to get off my butt and get a better picture of the Camaro spoiler on my car tonight.

The Charger looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm trying to talk a guy down the road out of a 68 440 R/T that's complete but has been stored in his barn for 18 years...

Troy

USAZR1
07-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Sorry to off topic here but, USAZR1 - what wheels are those - they look PERFECT on your truck.

Thanks. The wheels on my car are 17x9 & 17x13 PS Engineering Kidney Beans with pin drive knockoffs.

Ummgawa
07-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Yea. subtle is better. :yes:

Ummgawa
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I actually have one on my 68' Charger and it really worked out perfectly... fits perfectly between the marker lights and really smooths out the front of the car. I think for this to work the stance of the car really has to be dead on.

MrAngry

Sorry for the repeat, but, Angry Dude, you have the most wicked lookin' Charger I have ever seen, man, too Cool. :thumbsup:

USAZR1
07-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry for the repeat, but, Angry Dude, you have the most wicked lookin' Charger I have ever seen, man, too Cool. :thumbsup:

I definitely agree. That thing is just killer! :hail: