PDA

View Full Version : Rendering of Stuart's Alumin8r!!

XcYZ
12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Awesome!!

http://www.lateral-g.net/temp/StuartCamaro5water.jpg

camcojb
12-10-2004, 09:22 AM
You got that right! I need two Stuart!

Jody

jonny51
12-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Damn Stuart that looks sweet!Count me in for one :)

61Bubbletop
12-10-2004, 09:44 AM
That will indeed make a great addition to my collection!...

p.s. I am (was now) fortunate to have lived and worked very close to DSE, and have witnessed first hand the "2nd coming" of this car over the last several months...Great product choices, great flow...and great car all around.

LT1Powered85Z
12-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Looks sharp! Any chance posters of this will be available for sale?

Eric

Stuart Adams
12-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys, the final rendering is close. Kris is great to work with. When I get it finalized (I have a couple ideas yet) I will let u guys know - I will send a copy to those interested.

XcYZ
12-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Another bitchin shot:

http://www.lateral-g.net/temp/StuartCamaro4.jpg

jonny51
12-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Is that dash shot something new Kris is doing?

Stuart Adams
12-10-2004, 10:15 AM
I MADE him try it. I wanted something different, what do you think? That is what has taken some time to get this done, is every time I talk to him I have another idea - Kris do ya still like me!!!!!!!!

jonny51
12-10-2004, 10:17 AM
I think it looks good adds another dimension.

slck6t9
12-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Stuart that is sweet. The gauge shot is awsome.

Scott

mdprovee
12-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I like the guages added. It adds depth to the rendering. Great idea. If you get posters made count me in for one also.

Mike

61Bubbletop
12-10-2004, 11:24 AM
I really dig the Marquez taillights, especially with the "lighted" effect..cool....

Ricochet
12-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Looks awesome Stuart!! The gauge shot is awesome, good idea!! Takes it to the next level!! Would love to have one to put next to Scott's & Jody's!! Errr..Both of Jody's that is!! :D

Ummgawa
12-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Way too cool. That is just beautiful, Stuart. Count me in for one also.

Stuart Adams
12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm working with Kris on getting my car and 3-4 other cars from the site on the same rendering - I'll have Scott post it as soon as Kris is done.

BC69
12-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Stuart,
A multicar rendering is an awesome idea...would make a cool poser too :D

Tim

Keith
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
OMG! A multi-car rendering poster would absolutely Awesome!!! :cool:

XcYZ
12-10-2004, 03:38 PM
That's something that I had talked to Kris about some time ago. It would be cool to do the insets with different cars, and it would also be cool to have a few cars sitting next to each other in the same shot.

BC69
12-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Well count me in if those renderings ever come out...I'd buy one in a second!

Hey Scott, hows your new order of posters coming along??

Take it easy
Tim

Musclerodz
12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
That would be awesome to look at! I would probably drool at it all day. When are we going to get Kris to make a calender.

Mike

XcYZ
12-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Tim, the posters shipped this week, I should have them early next week. I'll drop you an e-mail when they show up so you can get one coming.

As for calendars, there might be a Lateral-g calendar coming out. We have plenty of members with renderings, so I might just go ahead and roll with it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Kris Horton
12-10-2004, 07:26 PM
For the calenders and the montage posters, I'd like it to be something that I sell. I would like to make a bit of money on the side by selling these for a small profit. I believe that I still retain some rights to the images as the creator and think that it'd be fair to benefit from that than just gaining more customers. I haven't seen a penny from all of the posters that are floating around, which has been fine, but if a calender is made using a collection of my work, I don't see why I shouldn't profit from that. I hope this doesn't hit a nerve with anyone here, it's just a matter of trying to market myself better. I'm open to suggestions though!

Kris

XcYZ
12-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Well Kris, I haven't made a penny on these posters either. I've been selling them for what they cost me to print and ship (actually, I've lost a little bit if you want to get picky). I didn't even try to earn back the $350 fee for the original artwork, I considered that just part of the cost of promoting Lateral-g.

I guess I'm confused. So each of us that contracted you to do custom artwork has no right to the artwork? Every single poster that I have ever had printed, every image that you have done has your name and website on it. I've always done everything I could to help promote you and your work and given countless referrals.

camcojb
12-10-2004, 08:25 PM
I am also confused. I've lost over $70 by selling my posters; one stolen in the mail tube, one damaged (both had to be replaced), plus I was matching Scotts price to avoid confusion even when I had tax on each as the printer is in my state. So there was no money being made here.

If you want to share in the profits then you should share in the costs too. I'll send you a bill for your share :D

When I paid you to do the rendering there was no mention that you owned the rights to these forever and we had no right to reproduce them in any way. If that was the case you should not have given us a poster resolution sized image. You knew what we were doing with them. For that matter, since it's my car in that rendition do I not have the right in how the picture is used?

You make your money by charging us to do these. You certainly don't give them away and it seems like you're always busy and should be making plenty of money on the side with them. If you want to retain control of the pictures then you need to pay us in my opinion.

Jody

Kris Horton
12-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Scott,

It's not a matter of me thinking that you're profiting from my work. I just think that it'd be fair to sell prints of my work as I have the copyright on each image I do. I haven't had any problems with a person who had me do a poster rendering of their car going and reproducing it and giving it out at their expense. What I would probably have a problem with is a product with a number of my images being produced and distributed. I think there is a difference. There are many artists out there that sell prints of their work to help bring in some money.

I really don't mean to argue, but I just wanted to speak up before something was done without my consent. I have been really lenient so far about giving out my images. I could just make prints of each project I do and give it to the customer, but I give them renderings in digital format because it is easier for me and them and they have more use. I would be charging a lot more if it was a matter of exclusive use or used for advertising.

I spoke with Tyler about something similar and he mentioned when he contracted the artist to design his body kit, he paid extra for exclusive use. All I have ever charged anyone for was the time that it takes me to do the renderings. They are extremely time consuming, which is okay with me, but once the images are finished, it's done and I make no more money off of the images themselves. I don't think that I'm out of line in my thinking after seeing how many posters there are out there of my work.

I'm really not trying to sound ungrateful. Lateral-G and Pro-Touring.com have both been great for getting my name out there and my work recognized and I truly appreciate it. I also appreciate all of the footwork that you do to get the posters printed. I'm just not cool with having another popular product that is completely compiled of work that I did being made without it benefitting me with anything other than visibility. I'm not in this business just to make money, it's also something I truly love doing, but at the same time I'm still trying to cover my own ass.

Kris

camcojb
12-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Kris,

If that's your belief, then you need to tell people up front that you own the rights to that image of their car. Then you need to get a legal document drafted up that both parties sign to protect yourself.

I think this will really slow down your work load, but I may be wrong. I would not have paid $350. for you to do MY car and then give up any rights for that picture I paid so much for. But at least if you tell people up front how you want it handled and get a signed contract there will be no misunderstandings. I'm sorry there is one now, but I do believe you're wrong on this.

If you believe you need to be getting a cut of any sales, then you must also believe we should to. If you make a calendar with my car in it I should expect a share of the profits, right? I paid you to do that picture, and it's my car.

Jody

Kris Horton
12-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Jody,

I'm not trying to put a limit or price on the individuals' posters. You paid to have those done and I've already said it's not an issue.

I was stating that if we were going to make something like a calender, that I think it would be something that I'd like to have some control over. Perhaps it was just the fact that it was being billed as a "Lateral-G" calender. I just want to make sure I don't get stepped on.

If you want to criticize my pricing though, I still maintain my prices are low for the amount of work I do. If you add up the hours that I spend on one car, I'm probably making less than minimum wage. I have never once complained about that though because as I mentioned, I enjoy what I do.

I have been told on many occasions to market myself better, but the second I try, I am criticized and guilted out of it.

Kris

XcYZ
12-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Kris, we both know there's no negatives between us, in fact, I think we're good friends. I think where we crossed wires was when I mentioned doing the calendar. I'll back off that idea - and that's all it was, just an idea. However, I do believe that I should be able to do what I want with the rendering of my car. From day one, it's always been about posters that I could use to promote both my project and the website. I have some serious legwork invested in getting a custom poster printer lined up that is willing to do small runs at a reasonable price.

I see where you're coming from, and I hope you can see where I'm coming from. Perhaps you should have some sort of legal contract written up so it's clear what's allowed and what's not allowed before money changes hands.

Kris Horton
12-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Scott,

I couldn't agree more. I don't feel that there's any bad blood at all and that this site has done a great deal of good for me.

I was really afraid that by wanting to sell the calender for a profit, I would be seen as some ungrateful prick that decided to milk his product after the fact. But honestly, I think it's a good way to market my work. I'm not saying that the person who hired me to do the work should have less rights to it, but rather that I should still retain some rights to it as well.

It's not that at all. I just think that a calender is a separate entity from the posters and the work I have done for my customers. I would not be opposed to splitting whatever profit this would make with the you to fund the site. I have proposed that to Larry on PT.com as well. I would just like to make a bit extra on the side.

Instead of raising my prices too high, I have kept them reasonable and not too high for the average guy building a car. I would rather have a lot of projects going on at once for less pay than just the occasional high-paying project. I do this because I enjoy people getting something out of my work.

I could easily say that I'll raise my prices up to where I'm making $25+ an hour and then just take a cut in the amount of customers, but I can't justify that because I would be losing sight of what got me here. What I am trying to do is market myself to where I am making a bit extra money on the side to cover what I am not making by keeping my prices pretty low. I think a calender would be a good way to do it and if the interest is there, I really have no problem making it a Lateral-G/Cars by Kris calender and splitting the profit with Scott. Posters are plentiful, but I think a calender would probably be a bit more popular. What does everyone here think?

All that said, I think it's time for me to get a bit more technical with my work as far as rights, etc. but so far, everyone has been understanding and respectful of me and my work, and I really hope that will continue.

Kris

camcojb
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
I've always backed you Kris, and will continue to do so. I've sent people to you, I know of a few that you've ended up doing the renditions for. I am very pleased with what you did for me, so it's an easy recommendation.

I'm with Scott, if he's backing off on the calendar so am I. I do believe you need to get an attorney to draw up whatever legal paperwork you need to protect yourself.

Jody

68protouring454
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
i may be on the outside as i think you are over priced, but your work is great, BUT this is complete crap, there was talk about the calender over at pt.com almost a year ago, What have you done about it?? NOTHING!! **** i see posts all the time about where you are and why you do not answer emails, i bet 90% of your business comes from these sites!!! now that scott and jody are doing something about it you think you should be paid??? you were paid when the rendition was done!!PERIOD!! end of story thats it, its there car etc, if you make anything legal up, i bet you do 1/2 the renditions that you do know probaly less if a guy knows he cannot do anything with them. scott and jody only did the posters because they said they were having them done and guys loved the look and wanted some. if your are looking out for you, why did it take you this long to do it???
oh yeah i believe this crap about taking a real long time to do the rendtions at first, but once you have the body style down, you can do these quick, **** the only changes you make to the pt's crowd cars is color and rims, maybe adjust stance some, come on, i am sure theres more to it, but you are kidding everyone if you say everyone takes so long,i am sure it takes time but not nearly as much as the first one or 2 cars, which is how you probaly priced them, on how long it took you, now you have donw 10 of them you mean to tell me it takes the same amount of time?? no way, give us all a break, if you want rights to your work, you probaly won't have work, .
that would be like me painting a car and saying that they could not use it in pics for a magazine article, unless i had a whole right up on my shop in the article, cause i was looking out for me!!!, give a me a break, i can tell you no one would come to me if i put that crap restrictions on a car i painted, let alone i would be happy even if they put my shop name in the details part of the article, then anyone close to me would think about me when it came time to have a car painted,thats all i would need to be happy just like when they see scotts and jody's rendtions they say wow, who did that?? i want one!! thats all you need and will keep you busy for years, this other crap will kill you quickly, but by the sounds of it you need more than that, which i doubt will fly here, **** i would pre pay scott or jody now for a calender, jody whats your paypal ??lol
you dragged your feet long enough on this, let someone who will get it done do it, **** you ought to give customers back money for the way they advertise for you, wake up, take a pill
scott jody, i would love to see a calender, as i am sure there are 50 others who think the same.
kris stick to renditions, you have hard enough time getting them done
rant over, this really got me going, just letting you know if you couldn't tell
jake

Ummgawa
12-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Listen up here Fellas. There is a bigger issue here at stake, that you, Kris, may not have considered. When you make these renditions, your right is to the Method in which you create them. I believe that the two biggest Corporations in the world may come knocking on your door when YOU set out to make a profit on WHAT you are rendering. I believe, from what I can see, that you are doing renderings of Camaros, Chevelles, Shoebox cars, Mustangs, etc. When you decide to profit from images that GM and Ford own, friend, you have officially woke up two sleeping Giants that are like Pit Bulls with HIV when it comes to protecting shapes, images, and even names (Like Camaro- I believe that is written on the majority of the 69 Camaro Renderings you have done). I feel certain that you did not get the permission of these Rather large corporations to reproduce their images. Now Lets see, you can charge for your work, you state a price and we in the hobby agree to trade you money for your work. BUT, when you set out to profit from your work (the method)and somehow claim ownership in the images, you have crossed a major line. The process(method) is where your profit should end. When you set out to make money on the contents of your work-IE images of Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, etc., well friend 350.00 is not nearly enough to have your financial lower intestines handed to you on a platter by a fleet of lawyers out to literally protect every penny of non authorized profit that is not going in their collective pockets. Trust me on this.

You need to pick a different Hill to die on my friend.

Musclerodz
12-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Musclerodz wrote originally:

When are we going to get "Kris" to make a calender.

Being that I originally brought this up in this thread, I guess I should add my .02 on this difference of opinions. I can understand both sides of this arguement being a customer of Kris' and a self employed person. From the customer side I feel I should have equal rights to my product to do with what I want. The people that have made posters have done it to share in their joy of their car with their friends. Nothing has been for profit, mostly a loss. From the business side I can side with Kris that I would like to be able to profit from my work. Where you are in error Kris is not realizing how close you are to making it huge with your style of artwork, and not being prepared legally to protect yourself.

I don't think Scott or Jody had the intention of producing calenders for profit. No different from the posters, they would have been made limited availability to the great people of this site. I brought up a calander 6-8 months ago over at PT.com but at the time I don't think there was quite enough PT cars to do a calender. Now here we are 8 months later with plenty of kick a$$ cars on this one site to do a calender and we are still asking for a calender. Maybe it is something to stop and consider very hard.

Personally, I think you should have mentioned at the time you did each persons car that as long as nobody was profiting from the distribution of your work, you would not have an issue with it. On the other hand, your work is not copyrighted, plus you can't control what people do with the images once they leave your hand. I would definitely seek legal counsel as to what you can and can't control. I am very happy with what I got and enjoy viewing all the cars you have done for other people. As per my quick phone call earlier today, I am still interest in having more work done. Let this be a wake up call for everybody so we can go on enjoying our addictions in peace.

Mike

Kris Horton
12-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Okay, I'm going to try my absolute hardest to remain tactful while responding the last few posts. Something that Jake sure wasn't capable of.

I want to say first and foremost, I did not come in here claiming outright ownership of ANY of my artwork, if I did or if it seemed that way, I apologize. I was merely stating, though I should have made it a question, that I believe I have SOME rights to the work. For example, using it in a calender that I could produce.

Next, I want to address Jake's rant. I don't think some of the things that Jake said were out of line. I agreed to some of them even. But A LOT of the comments he made were out of line. I invite you to come watch me work, Jake. By all means, come and watch how fast I can do a car and how rediculously overpriced I am for what I do.

All the posts asking where I am? While you're here watching me work, come look at how full my inbox is, whether it's replies from my customers letting me know what changes to make or random e-mails asking me how I do my work and where they can download the software from. There was also a period where I would get 20 e-mails a day JUST from Brazilian car guys because some of my work was published in one of their magazines. Fact is, I get a lot of e-mails and I don't always get to answer all of them because I'm busy doing what I should "stick to." I can't afford to hire a secretary to keep me on track and the reason I take longer sometimes to turn out a rendering is because the person I am doing the car for can not always get back to me right away or it is taking time getting the color "just right." I believe in getting the renderings as perfect as I can for customers instead of just working for a few weeks and giving them the final product. ASK ANYONE. I have never just sat back and said "eh, good enough."

Ask Jody even. It took me a LONG time to get the right orange. He, Scott, and I spent a long time trying to get it to look just right. I didn't just say "well, it gets the point across." I will tweak renderings to no end so that it's what the customer wants. That's why it takes so long. Don't criticize me if you've never worked with me. It's not your place to judge how long it takes me. Have you e-mailed me for renderings? Did I take a long time getting back to you? If so, I apologize, but don't make it your mission to criticize me for being busy.

As to this:

"Kris stick to renditions, you have hard enough time getting them done."
Thank you. You're a real class act.

Jim,

I am not setting out to profit from WHAT I'm rendering, but the renderings themselves. I'm sure that if someone goes to the racetrack and photographs cars and sells the IMAGES to a magazine, it is no different from what I am doing. GM or Ford won't bang down their door for photographing something of theirs and then selling the pictures of it.

So I am in the wrong here just as much as Chip Foose, Mike Desmond, John McBride, and all the other artists out there are if they want to sell their images.

What about the paintings you see in the poster/print shops of cars sitting at a diner. They are selling MASS produced prints of painted cars that look EXACTLY like their real-life counterparts. I don't see an "Officially Licensed by Ford, GM, and MOPAR" sticker on those prints. I'm not trying to get too technical, but I'm trying to make a point. I do understand what you mean by what I am doing is selling a service.

Mike,

I appreciate that you took the time to argue both sides. Most everyone else seems to think this issue is pretty one-sided. I know that the guys had no intention of profiting from the calenders. They have been very respectful of that.

If they wanted to turn a profit from my work, they could have done it long ago. Have I ever seen an invoice for the printing of the posters? No. I never had a doubt in my mind that Scott was being honest and not trying to turn a profit. I have met him in person and spoken with him on the phone. He's a stand-up guy and I trust him, despite only having met him a few times. In fact, the whole thing started because he was sitting at the same table as my girlfriend and I and she started talking to him. Scott had brought me over to PT.com as well way back when my 5th Gen Camaro hit the net. I can pretty much say that he and I go way back.

Back on topic though, I don't in any way think that the posters or the calender would serve more of a purpose than advertising for Scott and I. Where this whole mess started was when I mentioned that I would like a buck or two per calender. I have no problem letting that idea go, not at all. In fact, at this point, I encourage Scott and Jody to move forward with the idea and to let me know how I can help. Do I think it'd be nice to make an extra couple of bucks because I created the images? Yeah. Of course. But oh well. If this is going to be such a sore subject, I'll gladly step back and avoid having it get any uglier. I appreciate the good word-of-mouth that you guys have given me and I hope it continues to help me out. I don't want to lose any friends over some money.

I Jake dislikes me that much though, so be it, but hopefully he can see in this post that I am not just in it for money and that I am only human. The offer to watch me work still stands. If you're ever in my boring neck of the woods, call me and I'll let you sit in on one of my projects, including all the waiting I do and all the trial and error involved. Believe me, if it was only a matter of changing colors and wheels, I'd have more time to spend with my girlfriend.

That said, hopefully I have made amends where necessary and made my case on some issues.

The defense rests.

Kris

erin ray
12-11-2004, 04:36 AM
Scott I finally joined. I told you at the PT.com dinner that I would join your site and this thread made me get my butt in gear and do it.

Ok I'd like to say that for those of you that don'd know me, I'm Kris' girlfriend. And yes my post probably will be biased. But for the heck of it here is my .02

Kris and I share opposing views on some of what is being said. I believe that the biggest issue is that anyone would use his renderings for a profit. I don't believe ANYONE who currently has a rendering of his or is in the process of getting one would do that, but there may be people down the line that might and he needs to be cautious now about those possible people in the future.

I don't believe he sould be or is out there to make a profit on every little thing. For Kris it is all about the customers. I hope that you all know that. He had his phone on all day on Thanksgiving if anyone had decieded to call. He works every single day even when he is sick, on the weekends and on holidays. I could even make a safe bet that he will be working on Christmas.

As to the comment on his renderings taking too long... I will have you know that Kris is a perfectionist. I have watched him work and it is facsinating. He will spend 3 hours in photoshop cleaning up the shadowing and imperfections on one rendering that took 3 hours to render only to find that it is the wrong color. Back to the drawing board so to speak. I've also been witness to flukes in the program where sometimes part of the car will go missing but one can't tell until half of the rendering is finished. With just a paint and wheel change he could go through 5- 10 renderings easily. Thats 30-60 hours.
Even here Stuart says: "That is what has taken some time to get this done, is every time I talk to him I have another idea." If you havent' worked with him then you can't judge.

I think that what was said by Kris was misunderstood. And hopefully in the last post was cleared up. I think the big thing is that he is shown recognition for the artwork. Like a lateral-g calendar saying all images by Kris horton and the website. I think the calendars are a cool idea it's just I don't think anyone should make a profit off of them.

I do believe that Jody is right though that if he gets a profit out of the calendars that everyone should get a profit of them.

I really hope I didn't offend anyone or step on anyone's toes on my first post. But in my defense the opening night of my show tonight didn't go as well for me so I already wasn't in a good mood. Thanks for reading.

Erin

68protouring454
12-11-2004, 04:50 AM
"no one should make a profit" what the hell about all the leg work and money up front scott and others have had to dish out??? if scott produced a calander and did all the work of putting it together, then he should at least break even charging for his time and money out,he is only breaking even on money out, i can bet you a buck he adds nothing to it for his time and to think you want to make a profit on someone elses work!!!!! hell thats what yor bitchin about now, someone else making money off your work,
no i have never emailed you or etc, now i do not think i ever would or would tell anyone about you, afraid that you would own their rendering forever,
you should be happy that he wants to make a calender for you, **** the profit, your name will be on each pic and he would put your web site on there too, no questions asked, thats what you should of asked is that your name be on each pic whether its small or not and your web site be in the calender somewhere.
that should have you so happy that someone wants to promote your work for you, and guess what no cost to you, man do i have something wrong with me?? or is that a ****ing awesome deal.
next time someone wants to put a vinyl sticker in there windshield with my shop name in it, i am going to say NO, i don't want the free or almost free advertising, someone might make money off it!!!
word of mouth is some of the best advertising you can get, i would kill to have someone want to push my work for me, especially for free.
**** come to think of it , Do you work for boyd coddington??? you kinda sound like blue bear??? wait are you blue bear??
i am outa line, but you were outa line about 2 pages back in this thread

Kris Horton
12-11-2004, 05:21 AM
Jake, did you even bother reading the last 2 posts? It seems more like you just felt compelled to ride in on your white horse and start badmouthing me like I am the world's biggest a$$hole. It seems more like you've got some vandetta against me. I've already stated that I've changed my views and wisened up. I don't need you coming back and being a complete jerk to me because of something I said several posts ago. Looks like one of us knows how to move on and wise up.

It's starting to get ridiculous. If I was looking for a fight, my last post would have been a lot shorter and had a lot more bleeped out words. I'm not like that though. I like to think I have some class, unless I am mistaken.

The original plan behind Scott's renderings was to do a poster. I realize he spent a lot of time and money trying to get the poster right, but that's not to say I didn't do a lot of extra work as well. He spent the money, and I spent the time doing several iterations of the poster, which cost me time, which equals it costing me money. I didn't gripe about it, nor did Scott. I think that he realized what he was getting into when doing it and I hung with him until we got it right. Don't lecture me about all the money he lost. If it's a big issue for Scott, he will mention it. Breaking even and making a profit are completely different things. If Scott feels that he is owed for taking the time to do all of this, then by all means.

Again, I didn't want to make this a big argument, but I also couldn't let another one of your rude, tactless posts go without a reply. I'm not going to make myself out to be something I'm not, but I'm also not going to stand by and let you insult me.

For the record, I'm not Blue Bear. Never have been, never will be.

On a side note to everyone else, sorry for this mess happening in a thread about Stuart's car. I'm glad everyone likes the renderings, but the credit goes to DSE for building a great car. I'm just some punk kid.

Kris

68protouring454
12-11-2004, 06:12 AM
i did not lecture anyone,nor did i ride a white horse, it was brown, i stated facts, and only what you had already said, for scotts sake i am not going to go any further as i could make it very ugly very quick, there is no vendetta towards you, i just think its bs you came on the site and stated that **** rather than talk to scott or jody behind the scenes as they are the ones who got posters going, thats how it should have been handled.
goodluck to you, just have your gf fight your battles from now on, i am done, sorry scott

Kris Horton
12-11-2004, 06:24 AM
Hey, leave my girlfriend out of this. She joined AND posted on her own free will. She had an opinion and stated it. I didn't ask her to do it. I'm fighting my own battle. Unfortunately it's against some arrogant jerk that won't stop taking cheap shots at me. I've already said that I didn't want this to get ugly, but you wanted to come in, take one last shot at me and then act like you're mature for "dropping it." The only way you can make it "very ugly" is by taking some more pot shots at me and talking more about things you can't even begin to understand. You're just proving to everyone else here that you're a jackass. Everyone else has at least been mature about this matter.

The reason I posted on here instead of e-mailing was to make my opinion known. It wasn't a matter of disrespect, I just didn't want the idea to build up too much steam before I had a chance to chime in.

You need to stop acting like you've got me all figured out. You've never met me (which I'm sure is just fine with you at this point) but a lot of the members here have met me and know me for who I am. I can't vouche for everyone, but I'm pretty sure you're the only one around here that hates me.

Kris

Steve Chryssos
12-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Shut this ****er down! I come to Lateral-g because I count on a small, tight circle of friends without any b.s.

Scott,
Please don't let threads like this drag down this excellent site--even if you are one of the parties involved.

Kris,
You should have handled this via telephone and/or email from the start. Talk about bad PR. Hopefully, your customers and prospects will cut you some slack because you are very young. I am not so young and am still learning as I go. Trust Me: DO NOT RESPOND OTHER THAN TO APOLOGIZE FOR BRINGING THIS UP IN PUBLIC!!

Scott, Please push the delete key.

907rs
12-11-2004, 06:31 AM
Stuart, you have mail! :)

68protouring454
12-11-2004, 06:38 AM
sorry for bringing this thread down to this level, this site is awesome, and love the no bs deal here like steve says, i was just blown away by what i read and had to reply, sorry for going where i went, stuart awesome car, sorry for screwing up your thread.
jake

XcYZ
12-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Ok, I'm going to lock this thread, but I'm not going to delete it. It looks like we had our first major spat on the forums, but hey, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later with the kind of growth we've been seeing.

Kris e-mailed me and clarified his position again and to apologize for the direction that this went. There's absolutely no bad blood between Kris and I, it was just that we had opposing ideas.

I'm not going to get too worked up on the calendars as I was going to do them at cost as something cool that we could all enjoy. Kris was wanting to do a calendar as well, as a way to diversify his business and income, and I can respect that. Hey, who hasn't done side jobs, right?

So, before this thread does more harm than good, I'm going to lock it. HOWEVER, I'm going to start a NEW thread where we can discuss our options as a group - Lateral-g members and Cars by Kris - for doing a calendar.