PDA

View Full Version : first post newbie

blazen
07-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi everybody my name is Alex I'm 19 and I'm currently working on my first off frame restoration, or first ever restoration lol. I have a 72 chevelle we have owned it for the last 10 years and I thought it was time to start rebuild it. After tearing it down and seeing what needed to be replaced is when I realized how much money this project really is going to take, just means I have to work a little harder. i do want to put the ls1 motor in it but not too sure if I can handle all the wiring and the fuel injection (kind of new in this department) any info would help, I have look at brphotrod.com for the mounting kit that seam some what easy? I have done everthing so far, dont want to sandblast ever again what a mess.

Derek69SS
07-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Another young guy with a Chevelle :thumbsup:

Welcome! You wrote "we" so I'm assuming you didn't buy the car yourself at age 9. :D

onebad68
07-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Any way I can get some of those lights in the first picture... Car looks good frame off is the only way to go. :thumbsup:

blazen
07-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Another young guy with a Chevelle :thumbsup:

Welcome! You wrote "we" so I'm assuming you didn't buy the car yourself at age 9. :D
My father bought it as a "father and son project" you know,the son builds it and the father drives it lol.

blazen
07-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Any way I can get some of those lights in the first picture... Car looks good frame off is the only way to go. :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure I can get a few. how many do you need?

907rs
07-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the board.

If you hang around here long enough, you may need to get two jobs; this place is very addicting! :D

Keith
07-03-2005, 03:20 PM
That's it, I'm starting a 68-72 A-body support group. We're taking over the first gens fair and square!!!
Welcome Alex, glad to have you.....no doubt you will find this to be the best website to harvest talent from and develop your own. You might also be breaking up with your girlfriend and getting a second job but that comes with the territory :D (How my g/f is still with me is nothing short of amazing) If you have any questions that you can't find answers to, post up and I'm sure someone here will have it for you. Great bunch of people here which is probably why it's my favorite site. :thumbsup:

T Bell
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Keith, sign me up. Blazen, welcome to the board. Seems like me and you are about at the same point of build with our cars. Looks great. Now that the in-laws are gone, I may try and get back on mine. Oh and money will come and go.