PDA

View Full Version : Ron Davis intercooler mock-up

camcojb
06-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Working on fitting the Ron Davis intercooler on the car now. It is a very nice piece. I really appreciate Tim working with me on a design that would fit, support 900-1000 HP, and not require re-doing the hood latch assembly.

I test fit it on a friends SS with standard front end and it cleared on that. I'm running an RS front end and it still fits, but will not allow the headlight doors to open. Fortunately Chevy designed the doors with that in mind, and with a decent set of bulbs night driving is fine, can't tell the doors aren't open. I still need to test fit the grille, but it looks like it definitely works.

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0705.JPG

Jody

Stuart Adams
06-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Awesome man, keep it up.

XcYZ
06-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I'll be talking to Tim tomorrow. Thanks for all the work, Jody!

kel
06-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Fortunately Chevy designed the doors with that in mind, and with a decent set of bulbs night driving is fine, can't tell the doors aren't open.

Jody

Good thing the general changed it for '69! When I first read your comment, I read it as the General knew one day someone would install an intercooler for a twin turbo set up into a 69RS! Boy those guys were smart back then! :P :yes:

kel
06-30-2005, 10:08 PM
So, are you using an aftermarket radiator to handle the additional heat load for your hp gain plus the intercooler heat rejection?

I 'm assuming your using a twin electric fan setup as well?

Finally, what kind of waterpump are you going to run (high volume?)?

Kel

camcojb
06-30-2005, 10:22 PM
So, are you using an aftermarket radiator to handle the additional heat load for your hp gain plus the intercooler heat rejection?

I 'm assuming your using a twin electric fan setup as well?

Finally, what kind of waterpump are you going to run (high volume?)?

Kel

Yes, I am using a Ron Davis radiator and fan combo also. I am using the stock LT1 water pump.

http://www.camcojb.com/davisrad%20004.jpg

Jody

Ummgawa
06-30-2005, 10:36 PM
I'll be talking to Tim tomorrow. Thanks for all the work, Jody!

Scott Lets see if we can get a package deal. Thanks for the heads up on the Tanks, Rick's is a first class operation. Call me dude. :thumbsup:

zbugger
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Looking good Jody. I'll be in Galt next week. We should hook up.

race-rodz
07-01-2005, 02:23 AM
with a decent set of bulbs night driving is fine,

hmmmmmmmmm...... i guess you dont live out in the sticks in a state with an over abundant deer population. i swear those bastards think its a game to see how good the brakes are on my vehicles.

i been keeping score:

me: 386,142 misses
deer: 1 direct hit