PDA

View Full Version : I'm speechless... Christmas came early

XcYZ
12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Well guys, I don't know what to say. Eric (MaxHarvard) stopped by my place this afternoon to pick up a set of Corbeau seats for his 68 Camaro, and in the back of his truck were a few boxes. In those boxes was a complete RS conversion kit with a grill and an Endura bumper. I don't even know what to say, I was, and still am, completely blown away. To those that contributed, I cannot thank you enough. It means a great deal to me that people care this much about what we have going here that they wanted to donate. I will take it as a sign that we are going in the right direction and people are enjoying what we have here. It motivates me to make the site and forum even better. I want to be able to return the favor and good will.

Eric took several pics and a video, so I'm sure he will have them posted soon for all to see.

Again, many many thanks to all that participated. Getting support like this from my friends across the country is more than I ever would have expected.

Thanks guys. :)

camcojb
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
:eek: :D :rolleyes:

Jody

61Bubbletop
12-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Scott's Reaction: http://66.70.234.198/forum/images/smilies/seizure.gifhttp://66.70.234.198/forum/images/smilies/woot.gif

Time for the group hughttp://66.70.234.198/forum/images/smilies/grouphug.gif ...Where Ummgawa, we need a Pivot Man!

Nice job organizing Jody, and to those others who contributed, this is why this site, and this hobby is great...the people, not the cars.http://66.70.234.198/forum/images/smilies/worshippy.gif

J.T.

BC69
12-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Wow, that is Awesome. You deserve it man! :D
Nice winter project ahead!
God Bless those behind it.

Tim

Ummgawa
12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Jeff, I got the Sit and Spin ready to Roll Baby!!! Now for Scott to pick a number between 1 and 3 to see who's first. ;)

Seriously, Scott, Thanks a million. For all you do Bro, This Bud's for you. :D

jonny51
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Can't wait to see it installed!!Thanks for the site I spend more time in here than any other car site!(as if you couldnt tell)

DCreations
12-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Cool we need pics :D

Stuart Adams
12-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm with J.T., its the people. The cars bring us together but the people make it special.
Scott, you deserve it man.

hotwheels
12-09-2004, 03:53 PM
that is awesome man...........great to hear there are still nice people out there...............hotwheels of turborides

jannes_z-28
12-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Yes, an early merry X-mas from overseas.

Thank you Scott for your contribution to the Pro-touring community.

Jan

Ricochet
12-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Scott-

I have said it before & I'll say it again - Good things happen to good people. And you my friend are as good as they get!! We are all very fortunate to have this place to "Congregate". Alot of friendships have been solidified & new ones have been made. I'm glad to see things are coming around for you & I'm glad to be part of it!! It is just our way for us to say "Thank You"

You can thank "Pivot man" for coming up with the idea and Jody to help guide it along!

Brent

Keith
12-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Wow...you guys are amazing! Congrats Scott! Wish I had known about it, I would have loved to help!! :)

MaxHarvard
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
I will post pics in a short while, i'm a little busy now to post the pics, but Scotts reaction was priceless :D

~Eric

Ricochet
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Ya know Scott, I just had a thought ( I know scary, huh :confused: ) With the money you don't have to spend on a front end now, you can put that money towards that Hogan Intake!! LOL!! :D It's so much fun spending other peoples money!!

camcojb
12-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Ya know Scott, I just had a thought ( I know scary, huh :confused: ) With the money you don't have to spend on a front end now, you can put that money towards that Hogan Intake!! LOL!! :D It's so much fun spending other peoples money!!

BAD BOY Brent!!!!!!! BAD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jody

XcYZ
12-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Again, I can't tell you guys how it makes me feel to have so many friends that wanted to do something this big. It's very humbling and I'm extremely honored.

Hey Brent, did Jody tell you to say that?! :D

rwhite692
12-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Scott, you are doing our hobby a great service, and my family and I wish you much continued success with your project(s). And many thanks to Jody for organizing this on behalf of all of us! -Rob

Ummgawa
12-09-2004, 06:45 PM
So Scott, When you told your wife that a bunch of guys from your web site sent you some parts, Did she chew on that Rear End?

I used to keep my shop spotless, but the Bride could come in and see some thing different there and ask what new toy I had purchased. I'd have to fess up. Then I "Let the Shop Go" if you know what I mean. I'd buy a new tool and just throw it on the floor. I practically had every thing outlined on the shop floor so I'd know where to put things back so I could Find them next time. Well, as fate would have it, I shared that information with my son and, of course, he got caught doing something stupid and ratted me out. Next thing you know, I'm under a car fixing something, wife walks in WITH A PICTURE OF THE SHOP IN HER HAND, asking me how was it going and comparing the picture to the looks of the shop. All she said was "I see that there have been no new purchases made lately..."

I told my son he had only been recently reconsidered for inclusion in my will. :D

Enjoy the new stuff Scott!

c.schulz
12-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Merry Christmas to you and the gang!!
Chris
Way to go Jody!!

camcojb
12-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Guys,

This was a group effort and would not have been done if it wasn't for all of you. There were several other people working in the background with me that also made it happen. I simply offered to help.

The greatest thing out of this is the new friendships that have been made. Well, that and keeping the boss happy! :D

Jody

67Sally
12-09-2004, 08:40 PM
You deserve it Scott. Thank you for the site!

Steve Chryssos
12-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Wow! You guys are very generous. Whoever says "nice guys finsh last" has never met Scott.

mdprovee
12-10-2004, 10:19 AM
You deserve it Scott, you provide a great place to hang out. Thank you.

Mike

Rick Dorion
12-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Scott, you're so very welcome and a big heartfelt thanks for all you have done and will do.

Enjoy the ride!!

XcYZ
12-18-2004, 03:24 PM
FedEx showed up today (12/18) with an envelope. Inside was a letter with a great story from Jim Hall listing the names of those who contributed, along with a check with the remaining money that went over and above the complete RS kit, grill and Endura bumper. I can't thank you guys enough. I'm truly honored that so many of you guys think that much of what we have going here. I'm going to invest that money into our website, I want everyone to enjoy this.

Thanks again to Jim Hall for taking the lead on this, and thanks to everyone who contributed. It means a great deal to me. I'm going to frame Jim's letter and hang it here in my home office.

:)

jonny51
12-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Scott thanks again for a great place to hang out!

c.schulz
12-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Tis the season HO HO HO
Keep up the great work on the site scotty!!
Chris

Canadian_Hot_Rodder
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Hey, thanks for the site and everything else you do for us, Scott. You deserve it and have fun!