PDA

View Full Version : New to Lateral G

GO67SS
06-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Hello all, Great site you have here nice colors and easy to use. Well here is my baby, an ongoing 4 year project. Im' still working on getting a few gremlins out try not to be to hard on me. This is my first project. I don't know if I will take on another. I have aways dreamed of having a full size hotwheels car and this is my rendition. . . well after I get the bugs worked out.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/662136

camcojb
06-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Welcome! :thumbsup: That is probably the finest "first try" I've ever seen! :hail:

Jody

Steve1968LS2
06-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the site!!

Hey, you are sorta local.. email me a few pics of your car and some contact info :)

[email protected]

Ever get it to the track??

XcYZ
06-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Wow, awesome first try! :thumbsup:

I'm always looking for new members: Submit your car (http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=1196) :)

GO67SS
06-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks for your encouraging words. I would love to just get it running consistently. I decided to use an EFI motor for its "reliability". I have had none of that as of yet. I may ask for some advice from any of you seasoned EFI motor swappers. I believe my main problem to be fuel delivery. I am using a stock tank with a sump currently and probably need to switch to a Rockvalley (intank fuel pump) type system. But at just over $1000 I am just not sure.

Ricochet
06-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the site!! Your Camaro looks nicely done!! I'm sure I'll see you in Pleasanton sometime at a Goodguys show!!

XcYZ
06-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I believe my main problem to be fuel delivery. I am using a stock tank with a sump currently and probably need to switch to a Rockvalley (intank fuel pump) type system. But at just over $1000 I am just not sure.

You should give the guys at Rick's Hot Rod Shop a call. They'll be more than happy to help you out when it comes to sorting out a new tank and fuel system. They're a sponsor here and they are currently running a special. :thumbsup:

http://www.rickshotrodshop.com

radrambler
06-28-2005, 06:43 PM
welcome to the site

its a great place to share your car .....
very nice build up ..first time build? damn hard to figure that.... :thumbsup: +
looks like you didnt cut any corners.....very nice ride

welcome
radrambler

BC69
06-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Thats a beautiful car! You nailed that look. You should fit right in here...

Welcome to the site!!

Tim

GO67SS
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
XCYC, Thanks for the Ricks info. I gave them a call. $1050 shipped to my door is a little to high right now. My wife has given me more grief then can be imagined over this build. Any on you guys have that problem? :_paranoid

rockdogz
06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
What? A wife giving grief over the hot rod? Never heard of such a thing... :rolleyes:

Oh darn, forgot to unlock the basement door... :D

Great looking car by the way!

Steve Chryssos
06-28-2005, 10:36 PM
XCYC, Thanks for the Ricks info. I gave them a call. $1050 shipped to my door is a little to high right now. My wife has given me more grief then can be imagined over this build. Any on you guys have that problem? :_paranoid

Great car. Tell the Mrs. that the fuel tank is for her. When she says she doesn't want it, say, "Okay. Then I'll take it." :eek:

Musclerodz
06-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Let me put it this way. I am very glad I don't share a bank account with my wife!

Mike

907rs
06-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Excellent example of a well done first gen; you nailed it on the first try.

Welcome aboard!

mdprovee
06-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Car looks great! Good first try.

Mike

Ummgawa
06-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Excellent Job. Beautiful Car man.

Rybar
06-29-2005, 01:30 PM
I know the feeling very well of a "first try" car build, not sure if I can tackle another either. But boy, you've done an outstanding job there!! That car looks incredible!! Very well done!

Did you mention to Ricks about the Group Purchase pricing from this site? They are awesome to deal with, and I would recommend them to anybody.

GO67SS
06-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I have decided to deal with the grief that I will eventually receive when my plan is uncovered. :willy: EFI tank purchased and on its way. NO more fuel problems. I will actually be able to leave the city limits without my AAA card. There are some very fine car builders on this site and you all seem to support each other thats good to see. I feel honored to be here. :hail: