PDA

View Full Version : Got the Camaro back

camcojb
06-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Picked it up last night from Pascual; he did an awesome job of prepping it for paint. The door gaps look great.

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0681.JPG

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0683.JPG

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0684.JPG

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0685.JPG

Jody

jannes_z-28
06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Looks great Jody!! http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Are you gona send it away for paint right away or is there any plans before painting. Maybe a testdrive??

Jan

camcojb
06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Looks great Jody!! http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Are you gona send it away for paint right away or is there any plans before painting. Maybe a testdrive??

Jan

It's going to be assembled in primer, probably driven before blowing it apart for paint.

Jody

jannes_z-28
06-26-2005, 05:12 PM
That is usually a good approach.

So for the next weeks you will be working hard to get it driveable, right?

Jan

Musclerodz
06-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Too bad there couldn't be a trilogy picture of the Mule with its off spring! :D

Are you going to have time to build it twice before SEMA?

Mike

Ummgawa
06-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Well Congrats are in order Jody. Car looks great and I am sure you are ready to get movin on with the project. I hope to have mine in the next three weeks (course thats what my Body man said LOL). :thumbsup:

zbugger
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Just leave it in primer. Well, you can clear over that and you'll be done with it. Not sure you wanna try and deal with paint again. :P

jonny51
06-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Looking good!It makes me real happy to see your car back at your place ;)

907rs
06-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Awesome! Good to see she's alive. :)

How far are you going to disassemble it after the shake down?

camcojb
06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Awesome! Good to see she's alive. :)

How far are you going to disassemble it after the shake down?

Thanks guys. It will come back to the bare shell like it is, minus suspension. Only real way to paint it correctly without screwing up the suspension and other pieces.

Jody

XcYZ
06-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Right on. One step closer to my test drive. :D

Well ok, maybe not. lol

61Bubbletop
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Ya gotta love the perfect door gaps...looks GREAT!...Now THAT is what those crappy "crate" Camaros SHOULD look like.... :thumbsup: :hail: :thumbsup:

rockdogz
06-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Wow, that is so clean it looks computer-generated! :hail:

slck6t9
06-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Car looks awsome Jody. If that's any indication how the rest will turn out, I can't wait.

Scott

MaxHarvard
06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I hate you Jody!

love the car :P

Just kidding, looking good :D :thumbsup:

T Bell
06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Is that your shop Jody? Looks slick as the car.

camcojb
06-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Is that your shop Jody? Looks slick as the car.

Thanks guys. That is a small portion of one of my shops. I am fortunate to have two, one is 1400 s.f. and the other is 1200 s.f, both side by side. I won't even go into guys like Charley that have 13000 s.f. of shop space! :eek: :thumbsup:

Jody

BC69
06-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks awesome...I bet you are happy to have it back after the issues with the black paint. Prolly looks better now then before you got it painted the first time right?

Things happen for a reason...just wanted the car to turn out even better!

Tim

trapin
06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Jody....are you doing the initial body work prior to paint? And are you spraying her? The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to prime my car this weekend and I'm not sure if I wanna bust it down or do it all assembled. I'll most likely bust it down.

What kind of primer did you use?

Looks great. :thumbsup:

camcojb
06-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Jody....are you doing the initial body work prior to paint? And are you spraying her? The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to prime my car this weekend and I'm not sure if I wanna bust it down or do it all assembled. I'll most likely bust it down.

What kind of primer did you use?

Looks great. :thumbsup:

Tony,

I'm doing the paint work, but Pascual (Marquez Design) did the prep and primering. The farther you take the car apart the better the paint job in my opinion. Just have better access to tough to get to areas.

Jody

radrambler
06-27-2005, 08:23 PM
hey jody

looking good ...congrats on being one step closer.. :thumbsup: ..

im wishing mine was in primer....
got moved in to the new house.setup.....now its time to start doing prep work...yuuuukkkkk

later
radrambler

tndude
06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Jody, didn't you say were going with a silver Mercedes color? This one is 2005 sL600 Desert Silver Metallic. :cool:

Correct me if I am dreaming this up but what did you decide on?

camcojb
06-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Jody, didn't you say were going with a silver Mercedes color? This one is 2005 sL600 Desert Silver Metallic. :cool:

Correct me if I am dreaming this up but what did you decide on?

Yes it is an 05 Mercedes color. Very bright and very fine metallic.

Jody

awr68
06-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Jody it looks great!!

I find it very inspiring since we finally started in on the body work yesterday!! I can't wait tell mine is in primer...paint will be nice too, after 3.5 years of bare metal I'm ready for some color!! :)

camcojb
06-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Jody it looks great!!

I find it very inspiring since we finally started in on the body work yesterday!! I can't wait tell mine is in primer...paint will be nice too, after 3.5 years of bare metal I'm ready for some color!! :)

I'll bet! :thumbsup: Still got a long way to go but at least it's going together.

Jody

onebad68
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Jody, I see you picked up the body off the table with the lift you have. I hvae a lift just like that. I was wondering where you hooked the straps to pick it up like that without hurting the body. It seems like that would be an easy way to pick up the entire car. Thanks for the help.

Steve Chryssos
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
I can't get over the door gaps. Very tight. Lexus eat your heart out! I always say: there's no such thing as the perfect car. I may be eating those words soon enough.

Is that the plan here, Jody? Are you striving for absolute perfection? I'm curious what happens when one actually achieves concours perfection. Keep it that way? Sell right away? or tolerate normal wear & tear? Maybe you won't know til you get there.

camcojb
06-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I can't get over the door gaps. Very tight. Lexus eat your heart out! I always say: there's no such thing as the perfect car. I may be eating those words soon enough.

Is that the plan here, Jody? Are you striving for absolute perfection? I'm curious what happens when one actually achieves concours perfection. Keep it that way? Sell right away? or tolerate normal wear & tear? Maybe you won't know til you get there.

Steve,

Not going for perfection, I wouldn't be able to drive it. Plus normal driving is going to get things to wiggle some so you'd never keep it that way anyway, if driven. Just looking to make it "a cut above" but not the best there ever was by any means.

camcojb
06-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Jody, I see you picked up the body off the table with the lift you have. I hvae a lift just like that. I was wondering where you hooked the straps to pick it up like that without hurting the body. It seems like that would be an easy way to pick up the entire car. Thanks for the help.

I put the rear bumper brackets on the back side and used tie downs through the holes in the bracket. On the front there's a couple holes next to the front subframe bolt area in a very strong section of the lower firewall. That's where the tie downs went there.

When I was putting the car on the dolly initially I was doing it with jacks and jack stands and had a VERY close call of nearly dropping the car on it's side. That's when I came up with this way to do it, very balanced and unstressed.

Jody

carbuff
07-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Jody,

Car looks great! Just curious, did you strip the car to the metal? If so, what method did you choose?

Look forward to more updates!
Bryan

camcojb
07-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Jody,

Car looks great! Just curious, did you strip the car to the metal? If so, what method did you choose?

Look forward to more updates!
Bryan

I did strip it (or had it done!). I've used baking soda and sandblasting with equal results. With sandblasting though choose a company that knows how to do it to not overheat the metal.

Jody

tndude
07-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I did strip it (or had it done!). I've used baking soda and sandblasting with equal results. With sandblasting though choose a company that knows how to do it to not overheat the metal.

Jody

Jody, does the baking soda remove rust? I know to only use less destructive media (not sand) to remove the paint, rust, etc. Such as walnut shells, plastics and that sort of stuff because it produces less heat. Any idea which is the best for a car body (69 camaro)? I have quite a bit of rust on my project. What should I expect to pay someone/shop to do an entire body? Your thoughts.

awr68
07-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I was quoted $1500 to chemically strip my camaro body and $75 per door. I decided to sand it down instead...but now wich I would have had it dunked in the tank!!

JimM
07-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Car's looking great, Jody, but I think you gave us newer pics on TC?

lol, never mind, just saw the next post, bet the new ones I saw are in there, s'cuse me while I go read that one!

tndude
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Awesome progress! Your car is going to be one sweet ride. :hail:

When do you think you’ll have paint on it?

evilzee28
07-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Jody, the cars' looking way cool. I live in the Great Britain & came across this web site a few weeks ago.... awesome! When I saw the pics of your car on your web site I thought I was having deja vu, as i'm currently building a '69 Camaro, with SS hood,to be painted black with dark grey metallic SS stripes & a dark grey underbody similar to the Kris Horton images.The shell's away being media blasted & I'm currently doing the body work ( I own a bodyshop). I guess that this question has been done to death, but what was wrong with the black paintwork & why the change of plan to silver, hope you don't mind me asking. Looking forward to more pics of the car soon. :)

camcojb
07-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Awesome progress! Your car is going to be one sweet ride. :hail:

When do you think you’ll have paint on it?

Should be painted in the next 2-3 weeks.

camcojb
07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi Jody, the cars' looking way cool. I live in the Great Britain & came across this web site a few weeks ago.... awesome! When I saw the pics of your car on your web site I thought I was having deja vu, as i'm currently building a '69 Camaro, with SS hood,to be painted black with dark grey metallic SS stripes & a dark grey underbody similar to the Kris Horton images.The shell's been media blasted & I'm currently doing the body work ( I own a bodyshop). I guess that this question has been done to death, but what was wrong with the black paintwork & why the change of plan to silver, hope you don't mind me asking. Looking forward to more pics of the car soon........Nigel :)

The painter screwed up the paint 4 times; the last one he had a run in the 1/4 panel and sanded through trying to fix it; he blended it pretty well, but I could still tell and just decided to bail out and paint it myself. I usually paint my own cars, but it was too cold to paint in my shop when the car was ready for paint so I hired a guy with a booth.

zbugger
07-24-2005, 04:17 PM
You should just build your own booth now.

awr68
07-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Should be painted in the next 2-3 weeks.

Does this mean you have driven it now? You said you were going to pre-assemble it in primer and put it to the streets before paint...

camcojb
07-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Does this mean you have driven it now? You said you were going to pre-assemble it in primer and put it to the streets before paint...

No Anthony, that was the original plan. But time is running away from me, so I have to get the car in paint to have a chance to make SEMA.

Jody

evilzee28
08-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi Jody, is the car in paint now? I just looked at your web site & the body's painted blue in the engine shots,the intercoolers fitted as is the engine, but there's no duct in the front valance, so is this an old photo or is the car now blue? Maybe i've missed a part of the next instalment. :thumbsup:

camcojb
08-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi Jody, is the car in paint now? I just looked at your web site & the body's painted blue in the engine shots,the intercoolers fitted as is the engine, but there's no duct in the front valance, so is this an old photo or is the car now blue? Maybe i've missed a part of the next instalment. :thumbsup:

The plan is to be painting by next weekend. The pics of the intercooler in the blue car is my friends ProCharged 69 which is also on my site. I did the initial mockup on it since it was together and it had the standard front end to see if it would clear (the headlights are closer together vs the RS front end).

Jody

radrambler
08-13-2005, 11:04 AM
hope you will be posting more pics ....love seeing your ride come together...
should turn alot of heads when its finished....
keep up the hard work

radrambler

tndude
08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking Jody but I think you were planning on painting that awesome car right about now.....

Any luck? If so, lets see that baby!!!! :D

I can't wait to see that color you chose. :thumbsup:

evilzee28
09-02-2005, 04:50 PM
The plan is to be painting by next weekend. The pics of the intercooler in the blue car is my friends ProCharged 69 which is also on my site. I did the initial mockup on it since it was together and it had the standard front end to see if it would clear (the headlights are closer together vs the RS front end).

Jody
Hi Jody, did you manage to get your car painted last weekend? Hope everything goes ok & look forward to seeing the pics :thumbsup:

evilzee28
10-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi Jody, any updates on the car & maybe some pics?? You know we like pics!! :yes:

XcYZ
10-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Nigel, you must not have heard...

Anyways, the car is going underground for a while, but you WILL be seeing it again on Lateral-g. ;)

jannes_z-28
10-13-2005, 11:48 AM

Anyways, the car is going underground for a while, but you WILL be seeing it again on Lateral-g. ;)

Well, well, now you make us curious... last I heard Jody was still wetsanding

Can Jody please explain.

Jan

TravisB
10-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, well, now you make us curious... last I heard Jody was still wetsanding

Can Jody please explain.

Jan

I'm not jody but I know the car was sold! :eek:

camcojb
10-13-2005, 12:30 PM
The car has been sold but will be built the same way I was doing it. You will see it here first.

Jody

T Bell
10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

camcojb
10-13-2005, 12:59 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

???????????? :D

Jody

Ummgawa
10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Ya sold the 69 Jody? What color does jackass want it? :D

camcojb
10-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Ya sold the 69 Jody? What color does jackass want it? :D

Well he didn't buy it, but he was fine with silver!

Jody

evilzee28
10-13-2005, 01:29 PM

So what happened????? why the change of plan & who owns it now?

Ummgawa
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Just razzin you Jody...whats next?

TravisB
10-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Well he didn't buy it, but he was fine with silver!

Jody

so it didn't sell????????????????????????????????????

jonny51
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
so it didn't sell????????????????????????????????????

He sold it,the new owner wants to remain anonymous for now.

evilzee28
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM

Ok, but why sell it after so much work, I thought he was taking it to SEMA???

jonny51
10-13-2005, 03:30 PM

I think Jody had a few things come up but he will have to answer that question.

TravisB
10-13-2005, 03:40 PM

Ahhhhhhhh ok!

camcojb
10-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Nigel,

I lost a couple large contracts with my business, plus had a couple large medical expenses recently. Decided the best thing to do was to sell the car and take care of business.

I will be doing something in the near future, but have not completely decided yet.

Jody

jannes_z-28
10-13-2005, 04:41 PM
That's the right decision Jody, buisness goes before pleasure. You can always play later but without bread on the table it's hard to play.

I feel sorry for you and hope that it turns out OK for you.

Jan

camcojb
10-13-2005, 04:58 PM
That's the right decision Jody, buisness goes before pleasure. You can always play later but without bread on the table it's hard to play.

I feel sorry for you and hope that it turns out OK for you.

Jan

Thanks Jan, I'm fine.

Jody

T Bell
10-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I totally understand. Smart man is Jody.

awr68
10-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Hate to see you sell her, but I know you made the right decision....did the running gear go as well?

Is the new owner a friend of ours? What is the estimated build time?

Jims78elky
10-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks Jan, I'm fine.

Jody

Jody sorry to hear the news...But iam very sure we will see more of
your great talent in the future..

Stay Well..

Hang in there! :thumbsup:

-Jim

evilzee28
10-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Nigel,

I lost a couple large contracts with my business, plus had a couple large medical expenses recently. Decided the best thing to do was to sell the car and take care of business.

I will be doing something in the near future, but have not completely decided yet.

Jody

Hi Jody, real sorry to hear that.It takes balls to admit to people when we have problems in our lives, yours must be like coconuts. I really didn't mean to pry into your private life, it's just that I've been following the build up of your car & was really looking forward to seeing the finished article. In this day & age, business must come first & playtime later. These hiccups in life make us stronger people at the end of the day. As to the medical expenses, are you ok??? Good luck with the future. :thumbsup:

camcojb
10-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Everybody and things are fine, thanks for asking. The completed car will be here for sure.

Jody

ProTouringNyC
10-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Is that a DSE 4 point cage ?