PDA

View Full Version : New Member: Different Project. S-10

black2002ls
06-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok. I picked this thing up for 275. and am currently in the process of parting out everything that came with it that i dont need. to raise funds for what it doesn't have and i do need. it is an 89 s-10. im looking for help and guidance from you guys. MAINLY with the suspension but also anywhere else anyone wants to chime in at. here is what i've got planned so far. (there is no interior or drive train)

Interior:
Fiberglass dash, console, and door panels
power windows and locks
carpet
GM electronics
Auto Meter Guages
Sport Seats
Cage?

Exterior:
Needs replaced:
front fenders
hood
passenger door
possibly bed
all glass
Wants:
cowl hood
roll pan
smoothed tail gate
Paint:
im thinking a dark metallic gray over silver. two tone

drivetrain
6.0 liter LS1
t56
moser 12 bolt

suspension/chassis
tubular a-arms and coil overs up front
3 link? outback. or something that would improve handling
fuel cell moved behind axle

wheels/tires:
open to suggestions.

i only have one picture right now. i'll try and snap some more tomorrow (wed) the first pic is of the 89 the other is of my 200

BlazerSpeed
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
interesting concept...sounds vaguely familiar for some reason :D

not to be a link whore, but try www.v8s10.org or haha you could ask questions, what is your experience with interior fiberglass and the like?
DEREK

black2002ls
06-22-2005, 06:49 PM
i've no experience with interior fiberglass. i've done some work on a buddies inner fenders. this is a learning experience for me....thanks for the link

RPM Frank
06-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey, I've built a few S trucks already including AWD's w/LT1's. I have a suggestion for you on your dashboard. The Chevy Cavalier / Pontiac Grand AM and the rest of those GM variants have nearly the exact same width dashboards and the best part is the windshield curve is dead on. This makes me wonder what GM was actually doing back then but no matter. The center consoles meet the same alignment to the dash with minimal effort and even the seats are an exact match for the S-Trucks in every dimension. GM is a stickler for plug -n- play so most if not all of the electricals should plug right in with minimal hassle. Some of the later Grand Am's had a curved almost cockpit arrangement. The best part of it all is that these cars are pretty much worth less than dirt and you can get more than half of an interior for a few hundred bucks. My 89 Blazer is getting a 93 Cavalier dash and console, I'll post pic's very soon. The sheetmetal framework that holds the dashboards in place is no thicker than the body sheetmetal, it cut's and trims to fit real easy with shears. The guy I learned this from had mocked everything in place and used ZIP screws to hold the frame unitll he had it welded at my shop. This is a great conversion and the fact that it's a stock unit you wont have the hassles of having to engineer all the convenience stuff like vents and gloveboxes into a fiberglass unit.

black2002ls
07-05-2005, 10:36 PM
thank you for the help. i'll have to source some pictures to see what they are like. i'll try and get some decent sketches of what i am planning in the next few days. one of my biggest hurdles is acquiring the tools to do all of this stuff. i am picking up an angle grinder next week, as the suspension on my 2002 is permanently bound right now. the bolt that holds the "anti-hop" shock to the bracket on the rear axle is hung on my bump stop bracket. hopefully in the near future my 02 will be getting a set of c5 wheels. im am about in need of tires anyhow. :unibrow: ....have you any experience with suspension and the like? again, thanks for the help