PDA

View Full Version : Seats, belts, brackets.... CHEAP

MaxHarvard
12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
hey guys, i just got off the phone with a dealer for Corbeau, Cobra, Procar and Sparco.

He said if we wanted a group buy on some stuff he'd give us %14 off seats and hardware.

http://www.motorsportseats.com/

there is the website.

Opinions?

camcojb
12-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm very interested.

Jody

Blown353
12-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Good price (and good discount!), and while I'm very interested I just can't swing a pair right now because too many other things are going on at the moment; 2 cars are currently broken, having another custom rifle built, etc.

If this offer is still good in say 2-3 months I'd probably be ready to buy.

Those Cobra Misano's look very interesting; very similar to the Sparco Milano's I was considering but 15 lbs/seat lighter! Does anyone have any experience with the Misanos?

Troy

jonny51
12-08-2004, 03:10 PM
I am also interested.How many people and or $$$ are needed for GP?

XcYZ
12-08-2004, 03:36 PM
We don't necessarily need to do a group buy, Jim and I spent a lot of time talking this past summer and fall about Lateral-g and he's into it. If you check out the links page, you will see a link to his website.

He's a good guy, and from Minnesota, too.

jonny51
12-08-2004, 04:02 PM
So what your saying Scott is when I (we) am ready just mention Lateral-g and he will give me(us) the discount?

XcYZ
12-08-2004, 04:25 PM
We might be able to get a group discount over a length of time, not necessarily at a certain time. He was receptive to that, but I haven't talked to him for a while now.

camcojb
12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Who's Jim?

Jody

galopin
12-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Jim is/was offering an open-ended GP via Pro-Touring.com.

XcYZ
12-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Jim is the owner of MotorsportSeats.com.

camcojb
12-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Gotcha!!! I want a deal on those Sparcos we sat in at SEMA; maybe without the bucket being carbon fiber.

Jody

B Schein
12-08-2004, 08:31 PM
I bought my Corbeau legacy’s, Sliders, three point retractable harness and 3-1/2 yard of material to redo my back seat from him this summer. His prices were awesome I got all that stuff for under $1000. When I placed the order he called me back and said that the seat were on back order for a few weeks, Them he called me back a half hour later to tell me that he talked the guys at Corbeau into shipping the last set that they had saved so I wouldn’t have to wait those extra weeks.

Brian

parsonsj
12-10-2004, 08:58 AM
I'm very interested in Sparco's new Modena seat.

I'm crossing my fingers they aren't the $3000 seats. :eek:

awr68
12-30-2004, 12:29 AM
I started the ongoing Motorsport Seats GP over at PT.com a few months ago...Jim's a nice guy that truely likes what we are doing with our cars...I highly recommend giving him a call when the time comes for seats, sliders, harnesses or extra material....I'll be ordering my Sparcos early next year!! :D

Ummgawa
01-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Me too, when can we do it? :thumbsup:

MaxHarvard
01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Me too, when can we do it? :thumbsup:

Whenever you want, just call him up and mention this site or P-T.com

Kris Horton
01-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow, glad I saw this. I was just about to order a set of Corbeaus for my El Camino. I will have to see what kind of price I can get on a set!

Kris

Fluid Power
11-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Does anybody know if Jim at motorsportseats is still in business? I have tried to call several times the last couple of days and get an answering machine with no space left to leave a message. Have you heard from him Scott?

Darren

awr68
11-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Yes, he is still very much in business...I talk to him about every week it seems.

He wasn't planning on making it to SEMA this year, but possibly went at the last minute...I would try to reach him next week..or email him, he is usually very prompt with the replys...hope it helps.

Fluid Power
11-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks Anthony, It dawned on me that maybe he was at SEMA. His VM was full, and that is why I thought maybe he had closed up shop. Good know! I am ready for some seats and I would prefer to buy from places recommended by this group.

Darren

awr68
11-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Just got an email from him today, so I know he's still around...hopefully you got intouch with him today...glad I could help!

Oh, and be sure to tell him you are a member here, he has been very kind to keep the GP openended and it would be nice if he was able to keep track of when it gets used by our members here and PT.com. I highly recommend using Jim for all your seat, harness, steering wheel needs...he's a great guy that truely cares about the customer...and he loves what we are doing with our classic cars!!

ProdigyCustoms
12-17-2005, 10:24 PM
We can put something together for Corbeau at GPSSuperStore if we get 5 interested.

Speedster
12-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Prodigy

I'm in for some Corbeaus and related hardware/belts if it is in the next 2 or 3 months.

-Bruce

Fluid Power
01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Ordered my new seats today from Jim at www.motorsportseats.com and just wanted to let you know what a fantastic guy he is. I got a smokin' deal on my seats and material to do the rear seat. I can't say enough nice things about him and his help. Do not hesitate to call and let him know that you heard about him on this site. He will treat you right!

Darren

awr68
02-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Ordered my new seats today from Jim at www.motorsportseats.com and just wanted to let you know what a fantastic guy he is. I got a smokin' deal on my seats and material to do the rear seat. I can't say enough nice things about him and his help. Do not hesitate to call and let him know that you heard about him on this site. He will treat you right!

Darren

Glad to hear it!! What did you buy??

Fluid Power
02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Corbeau TRS, Jim told me that they were going to be availible in a Micro suede in March. He called the factory and was able to get them out to me. I should have them Feb.8. I can not say enough what a fantastic guy he is. Like some cheesy commercial says, if you bought them any where else, you paid to much. Not to mention his help!

Darren

Gordz32
02-04-2006, 06:21 PM
I'd be intrested in some procar elite seats :yes:

Fluid Power
02-05-2006, 06:34 PM
call him!

Darren

david@ronsraceshop
03-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Well I already have a set of Corbeau seats and from sitting in them for 2 years in my camaro they still feel like their new but the matrial is worn out and now they need to redone

great seats so far and great bolsters to hold in the seat.

nvawgn
10-04-2007, 10:30 PM
i got my sons recaro seat from him, it's awesome