PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP, Project: NOGO

Young Gun
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
ok heres the deal...Im not sure which to go with...so guys...give me your opinions!!!!

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5854/zvtnogostripesproofxm6.jpg

bucks69
11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
#4 as first choice
#2 a distant second
IMO!!!!

nasttee
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
hope you dont think im being forward..being a new guy...
i think 3 minus the rear quarter stripe..the exhaust tip takes care of the rear.:_paranoid

DVierstra
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Second and third YG. The reason being is they are different. Second reminds me of the Yenko graphic and the third because it is subtle. I believe, that if you ad a thin edge (but thicker than you have in #2) of white around the black graphics on both designs and possibly taper off towards the back of each graphic. As for number four...if you reshape the thick part of the back of the graphic to match the rear fender lines...would look very cool! Outline again with white. :thumbsup: :yes:

That is my take. Good luck with your decisions.

DV

Hdesign
11-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Looks like the shortened bumper idea is really getting popular for 3rd Gen Novas.

I think # 2 could be interesting with some tweaks.

I've been playing around with #4 for my own Nova, looks like it works well with the existing body lines.

ZVT
11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
You know what I think Colin!!!As soon as you decide I will finish up the rendering with a few tweaks.

Is it me or did I make the plate off center???:_paranoid

Hdesign
11-08-2007, 08:14 PM
No the position of the plate is fine, I would notch the underside of the bumper to the left of the plate though. The surface the place is mounted on is obviously pushed in and under the bumper it looks pretty accurate.

mlomaka
11-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I do like the idea behind #2 & think that has some potential. I think the plate is centered, but like Ben said, it is below & behind the bumper. You may just want to take a little off the top of the plate if you don't want to notch the bumper. If you notch it, then I would still take a little off the right corner of the plate. Nice looking Nova. Any ideas for the rear?

DHARROD
11-09-2007, 07:23 AM
The first has the traditional look, tried & true racing stripes, my guess is you and the designer started with it almost to help highlight what's different about the other designs (its kind of your reference point). You'll note that the racing stripes are thick and 'muscular'. All the others are pulling on other design cues used on GM schemes which is cool but .. I feel that they are all a bit 'thin'. In some cases they appear to be just a bit more than a pin-stripe. I'd work with the designer to bulk them up just a tad.

In the end you may find that the final overall strip/graphic needs the addition of a thin thin pin-stripe/outline stripe to give it more depth. I've seen neat things done when the highlight pin-stripe is a bold color and the main stripe is black. I will say you are on the right track keeping it, you'll have a classic car with a classic look with any of them .

city_ofthe_south
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
#2, different for a Nova, still somewhat traditional as I'm a fan of modifying or making something appear OE when it's really not. However, I'd bring it up a couple inches and give it more weight toward the front or the car, tapering down to a point. Move it up because it rides on the center line and I think it would show that line off more above it rather than sort of interrupting it, since the Nova doesn't really have a sharp line down the center. I like the white stripe/boarder idea (definitely a custom feel) but I'd also try the looks of a black pin stripe around it just to see how it looks. Maybe a not quite black stripe? Looks tight with orange. My .02

XcYZ
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
I like #2. How would it look if the stripe had a satin finish? A little bit OEM, a little bit modern styling.

ZVT
11-09-2007, 11:33 AM
#2, different for a Nova, still somewhat traditional as I'm a fan of modifying or making something appear OE when it's really not. However, I'd bring it up a couple inches and give it more weight toward the front or the car, tapering down to a point. Move it up because it rides on the center line and I think it would show that line off more above it rather than sort of interrupting it, since the Nova doesn't really have a sharp line down the center. I like the white stripe/boarder idea (definitely a custom feel) but I'd also try the looks of a black pin stripe around it just to see how it looks. Maybe a not quite black stripe? Looks tight with orange. My .02

I think Colin already made his choice of which one he is going with but i do have a local HOT ROD shop doing a nova as well with the OE stripe from a Camaro.I will definetly try that

Thanks for the ideas and input guys.

Young Gun
11-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Zee is correct guys, I have pretty much decided on the third option...I think it is something you will not normally see and I think it will help the car stand out...on another note...FOR ANYBODY LOOKING TO HAVE A RENDERING DONE....Zee has done an incredible job on this as you can see from these rendering's, he has been extremely patient with me through this whole process and has really helped me to visualize what I want my baby to look like. He is extremely talented and great to work with, Im not sure how to say it any more clear, if I ever need another rendering done, Zee has for sure got my business, He is an A++ guys and I highly recommend him!

asaenz
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
ZVT you did a fantastic job, you are very good with that style.
I love #3. The bumper job is phat.

Can't wait to see this ride built.

I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and go regular layers instead of channels. I guess I will have to buy a graphics card.
I don't understand how you provide color options to the customer w/ regular photoshop layers. Anyway

ZVT
11-12-2007, 06:34 PM
:cheers: :cheers: Thanks very much Colin.

Thanks for allowing me freedom to add some of my own ideas.

AL i could never figure out channels so I just went with what I know and used my old photochop tricks to do colors.Some of the colros can be pretty hard to get right but you're never gonna get an exact match espicially in the the medium we work in.